Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castana destructibility needs to removed

Sky_

When U21 came out, castanas had an addition, which lets you destroy castanas by shooting them / doing damage to them. This also applied to them mid-flight, and has a whole host of problems because of this. I will be specifically talking about the destructibility mid-flight as that is where the problems lie.

First, is the general usability. A simple slide attack is enough for a castana to be destroyed. If the user is sliding at the moment he throws out a castana, it has a high chance of simply blowing up in his face simply because he was sliding. This pretty much forces you to not slide at all when using castanas, and this is a bad idea as the small boost from the slide can help distance you from the small AoE of castanas. You have to limit your mobility to use these in their current state - this is bad. Example in spoiler below.

Spoiler

Chasing a person down, I preform a slide mid air as I throw the castana. Instead of it doing what's expected, which is flying towards the target I'm aiming at - it just blows up in my face. 

Another problem this comes up is in the forum of a bug which is completely game breaking and hasn't been addresed since U21 came out. The sliding that detonation that occured in the gfycat from the spoiler does massive damage. Enough to one shot some frames, with a greater AoE, and no self damage to the thrower. Bug report is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

It hinders movement, limits their use, and has a horrible bug that can be easily exploited. Patching the bug won't fix the core issue of the destructibility though, and I want to emphasize, again,  that the problems with it are while the castana is mid-flight.

The destructibility of castanas mid-flight needs to be removed, or have a great enough health pool that it takes more than a single damage instance to be destroyed (example - slide kick)

4 hours ago, Sky_ said:

Okay wow, ignore this topic. About five minutes after this was posted, the entire point of this post has been addresed with 21.4.1

Yeah Conclave in it sincerity, DE really is pushing hard to Polish and Finish Conclave.

:| I don't have to agree 100%, but if DE think so, also yeah if you Conclaves Go-ers even want turn WarFrame ability down even more, can see what other PvP already doings. Still nothing much, DE effort is not entirely wasted in Conclave, just go easy, DE. :thumbup: