Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Rivens (and their spam) need their own home

Zanchak

I know I'm not alone in being tired of seeing riven spam everywhere, it's overtaking all forums of the game at an alarming rate. Some of us have absolutely no interest in every second persons "god riven" they want to sell for some ridiculous amount of platinum.

Trading (in-game) - Please give us some way to filter OUT rivens entirely. It's a constant wall of riven spam. Their names are always obnoxious and long. We shouldn't have to basically mute an entire chat to escape one kind of thing.

Trading (forums) - Give them their own sub-forum so we can actively avoid ever seeing them. Again. Oh the joy!

Region Chat (in-game) - Get the sighbot to punt the riven spammers, they are more obnoxious than the kiddies playing up with "all the rude words" when their parents arent watching.

Seriously. You can't escape these god-awful things anywhere. It's miserable. Do consider that not everyone is salivating at the prospect of ripping off their fellow gamers with their mighty god-tier rivens, and they've been stuffed in our faces since their inception without a thought for anyone who couldn't care if they exist or not.

Trade Chat:

You can set filters for your chats, and by typing "Riven" into your Opt Out Filter, basically, you can avoid most all of the Riven Text Walls.
As for the ones that still appear, even though you're filtering the word "Riven", don't worry. Those are scrubs who don't know any better, and don't understand that people who actually WANT to see Riven Offers/Trades aren't going to see theirs because they didn't put the word "Riven" in their offering.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

On 8/11/2017 at 4:36 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

Trade Chat:

You can set filters for your chats, and by typing "Riven" into your Opt Out Filter, basically, you can avoid most all of the Riven Text Walls.
As for the ones that still appear, even though you're filtering the word "Riven", don't worry. Those are scrubs who don't know any better, and don't understand that people who actually WANT to see Riven Offers/Trades aren't going to see theirs because they didn't put the word "Riven" in their offering.

Well yeh but I dont want to see any riven BS. They post like 5 at once all with stupidly long names you'd have to spend a year tryin to filter out because there are so many. So far when I've tried to use filters for rivens, it has removed everything BUT rivens.. so I dunno where the magical opt out button is but obviously Im missing it lol

5 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Well yeh but I dont want to see any riven BS. They post like 5 at once all with stupidly long names you'd have to spend a year tryin to filter out because there are so many. So far when I've tried to use filters for rivens, it has removed everything BUT rivens.. so I dunno where the magical opt out button is but obviously Im missing it lol

1.) Click the Magnifier glass icon

2.) Type in "Riven"

3.) Click the Switch under Text Bar and switch it from green "Includes Terms" to grey "X"

4.) Click "Add"

5.) Enjoy seeing the occasional "WTS Soma KicksButt" riven offer pop up from time to time, knowing that their lists aren't visible at all to the people who WANT to buy Rivens because they didn't put the word "Riven" in their offer, meaning that the people who have only "Riven" search on will not ever see it at all, and that they'll be sitting around like an idiot, possibly for hours.

Chat filter is life. It pretty much clears up trade chat. I personally set mine to 

Not Riven

Not WTS

WTB  (because I only look to sell) 

If I'm interested in trading rivens, i just clear the riven one so I can make sweet sweet plats.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:29 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

1.) Click the Magnifier glass icon

2.) Type in "Riven"

3.) Click the Switch under Text Bar and switch it from green "Includes Terms" to grey "X"

4.) Click "Add"

5.) Enjoy seeing the occasional "WTS Soma KicksButt" riven offer pop up from time to time, knowing that their lists aren't visible at all to the people who WANT to buy Rivens because they didn't put the word "Riven" in their offer, meaning that the people who have only "Riven" search on will not ever see it at all, and that they'll be sitting around like an idiot, possibly for hours.

jeez Ive never even noticed a switch... I havent been in since I posted, will have to see how obvious it is that I missed it when I get in later lol

On 8/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Sajochi said:

Chat filter is life. It pretty much clears up trade chat. I personally set mine to 

Not Riven

Not WTS

WTB  (because I only look to sell) 

If I'm interested in trading rivens, i just clear the riven one so I can make sweet sweet plats.

I tend to always forget the not in everything.. laughs