Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last second quit prevention

Devoider

Problem : People quit at last second in interception, defense, and infested salvage 
Suggestion : There should be 3 seconds before time is running out that prevent player from swap their choice to prevent last second quit.
These go for all interception, defense, and infested salvage missions

Edited by DarkSiva

I do this a lot on Hydron, when peeps want to leave but are unsure, I'll move to extract with the other one who wants to extract then at the last second switch to staying.

If dealing with the other scenario of all players staying but then one or more leave at the last second, why not just let that person(s) leave and repop the stay/extract menu for those still in the mission for a few seconds. Though that might get tricky with host leaving last second cuz bugframe with host migrations doesn't have a good record.

Wasn't there a change in one of the latest hotfixes where the mission would instantly progress if all people vote the same thing (continue/extract)? Did i misunderstand something? 

Edit: there it is on hotfix 21.4.2

The mission voting screen in endless missions will now proceed immediately if the squad vote is unanimous.

Edited by Autongnosis

20 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Wasn't there a change in one of the latest hotfixes where the mission would instantly progress if all people vote the same thing (continue/extract)? Did i misunderstand something? 

Edit: there it is on hotfix 21.4.2

The mission voting screen in endless missions will now proceed immediately if the squad vote is unanimous.

This post is before hotfix :wink:
According to my timezone 
This post = Friday at 01:18 PM
Hotfix 21.4.2 = yesterday at 05:11 AM  (Saturday)

I'm not sure whether they see this post and changed or they planned to change from the beginning though. :sadcry:

Hotfix 21.4.2 helped the issue but it still can appear in edge cases where players are undecided. My suggestion to fix the issue: Add a continuation dialog if a player is left alone in an instance after voting is complete. Dialog text could be something along the lines of: "You are the only Tenno left in this mission. Continue the fight? [Yes] / [No]"