Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave needs some more consistency

----Legacy----

Target locking

I've been thinking and checking some of the previous changes to skills in conclave and found out that many skills which at some moment had any kind of auto tracking enemies had it entirely removed to reward player skill (psychic bolts and shuriken are the most noticeable examples) while those that needed a target to be casted and otherwise wouldn't do anything (Smite, Mind Control, Soul Punch, etc) were made able to miss for exactly the same reason, even mag's pull changed from a cone to a straight line for the same reason. However there's a single skill that remains able to lock on enemies within a small range, deal heavy damage (51 damage in UI) AND on top of that impair targeted enemies, enabling easy finishers since the opponents can do nothing but walk and roll for a couple of seconds, time enough to finish them with practically any weapon, probably those requiring a full charge to shoot being the only exception. All of this for the huge effort of normally playing for 25 seconds or picking up a single energy orb.

There are simple and different ways to put SD in line with the rest of the similar skills:

A) Keep the damage, Increase range but remove the auto target, making Excalibur move in a straight line impairing anyone in his way.
B) Add sprint to the actions that can be performed during Impair, making it just remove the ability to take-off in any way. This could help to turn Sprinting into a more relevant action without removing the usability of impairs
C) Reduce the damage, turning SD in a tool to prevent enemies from running away while closing gaps instead of being a simple "Mash 1, auto, semi auto or shotgun to the face and I win"

Skill Combo multiplier:

Some warframe powers, mainly Rhino's Charge and Atlas' Landslide have a combo multiplier that increases their damage while reducing the casting cost on consecutive casts, making them able to be casted up to 5 times when energy is full (while every other first skill can be casted up to 4 times), which makes them reward spammy gameplay with increased damage per cast. On top of it Landslide locks on enemies and knocks them down on the third hit, making them easy targets during the recovery animation.

I think this could be fixed by Removing the combo multiplier and slightly increase their damage. (Landslide could need a bigger buff than Charge), and increasing Landslide's range at the expenses of removing the target lock.

Anticipation:

Even tough staggers where turned in impairs long ago, the mod still has exactly the same description:

Spoiler

Anti.PNG

I think description should be changed to reflect it's current state, if the mod has no effect on impairs, it could shorten their duration, allow sprinting while player is affected (as named in SD's suggestions) in order to keep it loyal to it's original state (note: As you might note, I'm not sure if it has any effect on impairs, however, making the player immune to staggers for a short time feels useless when a single impair can mean death)

I'm not sure what else could be added, atm, but thread will be updated if I find or remember something else.
Special thanks to my clan mates who helped with the tests and to anyone reading and willing to give some feedback.

Not exactly these changes but I guess something of the kind would be useful, as it is too easy to spam slash dash and in room you just simply Slash and Shoot to claim cheap kills over and over again. SD coupled with a Shotgun/Auto is too strong at the moment and I feel it's partly because of how much energy one can gain per match as well.

17 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

DE probably going to apply what they learned from Past Conclave to their new ISP-KeyStone.

A. This post isn't about Conclave being a guinea pig for their new game.

B. That reddit link has nothing relevant to add to this post.

19 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I've been thinking and checking some of the previous changes to skills in conclave and found out that many skills which at some moment had any kind of auto tracking enemies had it entirely removed to reward player skill (psychic bolts and shuriken are the most noticeable examples)

Psychic Bolts and Shuriken are still capable of homing, the only difference is that the caster must aim at the target when the ability is cast for the homing to apply.

However there's a single skill that remains able to lock on enemies within a small range, deal heavy damage (51 damage in UI)

Slash Dash's range is five meters, significantly shorter than those of the other abilities you mentioned.
And since when does 51 damage constitute "heavy damage"?

Anticipation: Even tough staggers where turned in impairs long ago, the mod still has exactly the same description
I think description should be changed to reflect it's current state, if the mod has no effect on impairs, it could shorten their duration, allow sprinting while player is affected (as named in SD's suggestions) in order to keep it loyal to it's original state (note: As you might note, I'm not sure if it has any effect on impairs, however, making the player immune to staggers for a short time feels useless when a single impair can mean death)

The "stagger" effect was reworked and renamed to "impair". Anticipation's stagger immunity applies to the impair debuff; it is working as intended.
This is a very simple name change.

@DesFrSpace You clearly have no legitimate feedback to give on Conclave. Your posts are all spam. Please stop posting in Conclave Feedback.
@(PS4)WhiteStrike_PT Do not quote a page-sized block of spam to ask for a response from an author who evidently has no ability to express ideas clearly.

1 hour ago, .Zel said:

Not exactly these changes but I guess something of the kind would be useful, as it is too easy to spam slash dash and in room you just simply Slash and Shoot to claim cheap kills over and over again. SD coupled with a Shotgun/Auto is too strong at the moment and I feel it's partly because of how much energy one can gain per match as well.

Entirely agree, energy should be a rewarded resource for doing something meaningful (such as controlling orb spawn points) and not something that can easily be obtained by hiding in a corner, or at least make it way slower for players who aren't taking part in the battle. I guess this issue deserves it's own thread, which already exists if i recall correctly.

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Psychic Bolts and Shuriken are still capable of homing, the only difference is that the caster must aim at the target when the ability is cast for the homing to apply.

Ye, those powers used to have an auto lock feature which was removed due to their mash keyboard to win nature, thank you for clarifying the difference.

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Slash Dash's range is five meters, significantly shorter than those of the other abilities you mentioned.
And since when does 51 damage constitute "heavy damage"?

Five meters targetting enemies in a game where closing gaps isn't hard is more than enough to prevent enemies from running away. The damage might not be that high on itself, but I think that for all the things that SD does has going for it (quick cast animation, targets enemies in a cone, quickly moves user hitbox between targeted foes, deals damage to enemies hit and turns them into sitting ducks for an easy finishing blow) it's still too much, reason why I'm proposing to buff it's range (probably up to 10 mts) but make it a straight line the pre rework did, rewarding those players able to lead enemies or to calculate distance to make it hit someone in the end with an easy finisher, not the player who sees someone passing close and presses 1 as a panic button since someone got in front of him for a split second.

Thanks for the clarification on on staggers and impairs.