Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with the way Warframe Support is handling "the investigation of a known Platinum reseller"

VirtualViolet

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

name them

Reversing relevant trades.

Not requiring unwitting accomplices to shell out money to unban their accounts.

Auction house.

Taking action faster on suspected black market sellers, preventing the amount of fraudulent plat they can pay out.

Since plat sellers trade for in game plat (which has been already paid for by the people the sellers traded with) there is no reason to remove their plat from the game, so just leave the plat traded as is.

Not banning people who didn't know they were trading with a reseller and forcing them to buy plat to urban their accounts.

Hek, they could even put in a text box where people out in why the trade is "lopsided" and they can go from there.

Warframe is the only game I've played in the last 10 years that literally punishes people for being trusting and using in game features.

You used our trade system and unknowingly bought or traded for something illegal?  You have to pay us money to get your account back.  Not our fault you used our system. 

They have no incentive to change the system either.  It's making them money.

You buy plat from DE, trade them (unintentionally) to a plat reseller, some poor schmuck down the line gets nailed for the plat, they have to buy plat from DE to unban their accounts.  

DE just made twice the money on basically the same plat.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Reversing relevant trades.. 

Gifting and trading is sometimes a way players use to try and avoid punishments, they use a dummy account with the temporary plat and then trade or gift the stuff, with the plat removed it's the receiving account that may be punished, again, by default you are guilty, it's either a double account that can't interact, it's your true account and you used an exploit to bypass concequences or you indeed did buy platinum from the black market. Support blames you, they only revert trades if you are inocent and for that you need to contact support.

Reverting trades isn't an automatic procedure, support proably only has tools to adress 1 case at the time and they do it uppon request, not as a mandatory service.

Not requiring unwitting accomplices to shell out money to unban their accounts.

They do that on a 1st aproach because it is possible that you are guilty, they can however remove gifts if requested, altough i agree that they should focus on gift removing 1st instead of asking for the player to pay for it.

Auction house.

They want players to spend time in warframe, auction houses speed up the process of getting content, auction houses is tied with instant gratification and lack of gameplay.

Taking action faster on suspected black market sellers, preventing the amount of fraudulent plat they can pay out.

They are fast to a certain degree, platinum sellers may login into your account (so no player to blame here asside the one receiving the plat via a normal transaction on the main website, usually done in russia or in places where plat is cheaper, not easy to spot), they may use dummy accounts like MR 2 accounts with plat, or even stolen or bought accounts that have a good standing (no warning or dubious behavior), it may take months to actually spot a player that has been selling platinum, it's not something you detect with 100% accuracy after 1 trade, altough it does happen.

Once found, all trades are checked manually, as soon you trade with a platinum seller, your account  becomes at risk, especially if you wait long enough, again, support will blame you by default and it is common for platinum buyers to try and squeeze their way out of a ban.

Spoiler

t5nYAWe.png

Since plat sellers trade for in game plat (which has been already paid for by the people the sellers traded with) there is no reason to remove their plat from the game, so just leave the plat traded as is.

Leaving platinum that was obtained from chargebacks or "stolen" from players accounts, that would be exploited to no end. Age of wushu game has exactly what you mentioned and players run around with content they didn't pay for, how is that a good idea for digital extremes?

As for the rest, they only say that on a 1st aproach, you can (if possible and IF inocent) ask for trades to be reversed or gifts to be removed.

37 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Gifting and trading is sometimes a way players use to try and avoid punishments, they use a dummy account with the temporary plat and then trade or gift the stuff, with the plat removed it's the receiving account that may be punished, again, by default you are guilty, it's either a double account that can't interact, it's your true account and you used an exploit to bypass concequences or you indeed did buy platinum from the black market. Support blames you, they only revert trades if you are inocent and for that you need to contact support.

Reverting trades isn't an automatic procedure, support proably only has tools to adress 1 case at the time and they do it uppon request, not as a mandatory service.

Even if they just use a dummy account the correct procedure would be to reverse everythingincluding mastery, used up items and soo on.

In the current system i can hack myself 1000 plat, buy 2 maiming strikes, the sellers then trade the 500 plat away to 2 more people and so on. At the end when DE catches the original guy there are 10 more victims including the original sellers who not just get banned but will permanently lose their valuable mods.

43 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

They are fast to a certain degree, platinum sellers may login into your account (so no player to blame here asside the one receiving the plat via a normal transaction on the main website, usually done in russia or in places where plat is cheaper, not easy to spot), they may use dummy accounts like MR 2 accounts with plat, or even stolen or bought accounts that have a good standing (no warning or dubious behavior), it may take months to actually spot a player that has been selling platinum, it's not something you detect with 100% accuracy after 1 trade, altough it does happen.

Once found, all trades are checked manually, as soon you trade with a platinum seller, your account  becomes at risk, especially if you wait long enough, again, support will blame you by default and it is common for platinum buyers to try and squeeze their way out of a ban.

This is the most faulty and wrong way this can be handled.

Not just because you are guilty be deafult. You are commanded to buy platinum to get yourself unbanned.

Seriously it sounds both greedy and wrong. If it try to apply this logicto any other profession im sure it would be againts the laws to pay to get out of something illegal.

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Leaving platinum that was obtained from chargebacks or "stolen" from players accounts, that would be exploited to no end. Age of wushu game has exactly what you mentioned and players run around with content they didn't pay for, how is that a good idea for digital extremes?

As for the rest, they only say that on a 1st aproach, you can (if possible and IF inocent) ask for trades to be reversed or gifts to be removed.

It does not need to be left there. all it needs to be done is to nullfy it. Remove the plat, the items, the stuff obtained with consumables, experience, mastery, everything.

They can't revert mastery, again, the tools support has are limited.

Upon request they can add or remove mods from inventories, again, this is upon request, they don't actually revert trades without knowing exactly what ended where.

i just got the same message as op

http://prntscr.com/gw370e

i had few big transactiosn couple past days

iv had 4 or 5 maiming strikes that i farmed and save from last acoylte evnet

iv keept them save and when i saw they are 900/1000p iv sold them all 4 or 5 for 900p and 1 was 890 i think

iv sold dozens of blood rush body count bladed rounds etc basicly all acolyte mods that i had left over

i supose 1 of the buyers had ilegal plat how could iv know that ???

if that the palt was ilegal and that i had to be removed , ok no complains there

however my coplain is that basicly my acc is now flaged over soemthing that i dont have control over

basicly means i live now in fear loosing my almost 400 days acc and 3k+ hours only bcs i sell some mod/set/prime part to somebdy beacuse again i dont know from where the buyer has his plat from

i hope DE does soemthign about it, beacuse i want to trade i ngame without having to fear of loosing my acc

if the plat was in any of the trades ilegal just remove it and notify my a message that it got removed

but dont threaten me with baning me just beacuse i sold something to another player bcs yet again how the dodo can i know from where he got the plat

6 hours ago, shomi987 said:

i just got the same message as op

http://prntscr.com/gw370e

i had few big transactiosn couple past days

iv had 4 or 5 maiming strikes that i farmed and save from last acoylte evnet

iv keept them save and when i saw they are 900/1000p iv sold them all 4 or 5 for 900p and 1 was 890 i think

iv sold dozens of blood rush body count bladed rounds etc basicly all acolyte mods that i had left over

i supose 1 of the buyers had ilegal plat how could iv know that ???

if that the palt was ilegal and that i had to be removed , ok no complains there

however my coplain is that basicly my acc is now flaged over soemthing that i dont have control over

basicly means i live now in fear loosing my almost 400 days acc and 3k+ hours only bcs i sell some mod/set/prime part to somebdy beacuse again i dont know from where the buyer has his plat from

i hope DE does soemthign about it, beacuse i want to trade i ngame without having to fear of loosing my acc

if the plat was in any of the trades ilegal just remove it and notify my a message that it got removed

but dont threaten me with baning me just beacuse i sold something to another player bcs yet again how the dodo can i know from where he got the plat

This issue is just ongoing.

Had this happened to me as well and so far from the response I received from the ticket, they don't care.

5 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

Might as well delete trading, and just buy prime stuff directly from DE now.

This is more or less the over riding message that I've seen by this approach from support. I don't know what the rest of DE and support are on, but they really seem to be from separate worlds all together. When it comes to issues, support is almost strictly anti player/anti game. The rest of DE needs to have a serious sit down and discussion about this already, because if this is the way support behaves even after the hype that is PoE, then it's only going to look even worse publicly when the wave of new people coming in start experiencing it. I dare say, support's behavior on issues is probably a large reason why the game isn't bigger.

Same here i dind't get any gift neither platinum or anything but looking at my current plat from before the "DE Vacuum"  

G2KUbHH.jpg

i can tell it was a maiming strike i sell by just looking at my current platinum balance, what  annoying me the most its they don't care if we get scam from this reseller and lost our mods or weapons or whatever the only thing they care its the fraudulent platinum which its good in a way but you can't forget about your players in the process i think they are handling this very poorly, telling us that we received that platinum as a gift which its false at least in my case they are more than welcome to check my inbox or whatever they need to check to find out if i received that platinum as a gift. i don't care about that platinum i want my mod back because i know i can sell it fair and square.

this its no our fault, but i doi feel like they don't care about us the honest user who pay for his plat and trade mods and weapons.