Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.4.2

[DE]Danielle

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Fixed the Telos Boltace pull not working for Clients.

Took long enough. At least it's fixed, though, so thanks for that. Still no fix for the Mara Detron being weaker than the Detron. Can we also see a fix for that? And the Panthera? And possibly some new abilties for Hydroid, since that what people wanted?

About hydroid:

1. Can we allow energy/health orbs to drop into undertow so we can replenish energy and health a bit without breaking the channeling. similar to how you can replenish energy in every other channeled ability (world on fire, exalted blade, etc)

2. Can the undertow puddle itself scale better with power range? Yes we can pull people in, but it would be nice if i could just swim around the map grabbing all the enemies without having to point at them all. it would be nice if the range of the puddle was the same as octavias Mallet power without being amp'd

3. Can we allow the uncharged version of hydroids tentacle swarm to activate faster? sometimes its nice to have a panic CC and right now his 4th power will just get you killed even when you don't charge it.

I love hydroid, but hes still lacking the above which would make him far more usable. 

Just now, HarrodTasker said:

Well, one assumes this is going to play out like the Oberon rework.  They change something, get community feedback, change more things.  This is in fact the ideal way to carry out such changes.

Also Hydroid the worst frame in the game? C'mon, Zephyr is tons worse.

I don't agree, but it's just a difference of opinion. It does have me worried, though, since Zephyr absolutely needs AT LEAST one new ability and drastic changes for how annoying the tornados are, and a better passive. Hard to be optimistic when Hydroid is a net nerf so far (much smaller ranges) and no change of abilities.

4 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

Zephyr's actually not, though. She can make bullets do nothing and can fiddle with projectiles, which is cool. She can also throw enemies all over the place. She's far from bad.

2 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

Well, one assumes this is going to play out like the Oberon rework.  They change something, get community feedback, change more things.  This is in fact the ideal way to carry out such changes.

well it would help if they made positive changes to the frame like oberons in exchange for nerfing some parts of his kit, hydroid just got QoL changes, and nerfs to his ranges, which were not mentioned in the patch notes BTW. If i ask the question what does hydroid do in comparison to other frames, I come to an answer of compared to any others he is extremely under powered and slow, while costing too much energy to do what he does. Zephyr is instantly better than hydroid becasue she has her 3 which makes her at least a vector for surviving content while carrying guns.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The mission voting screen in endless missions will now proceed immediately if the squad vote is unanimous. 

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed mission loading screen Liset movement not accurately reflecting the movement of other squadmates.

*gasp*

Really digging the changes to Hydroid, but there's still no good reason to be building -range, +power strength, and augs other than Corrosive Barrage as the returns in missions at levels beyond basic starchart stuff is really abysmal.

(negative range influences the impact radius of both the impact area and the individual projectiles of Hydroid's 1, you lose most of your spontaneous ranged CC/suppression if you build negative range)

Look, we'll do this by points here:

1.  Hydroid's Tempest Barrage does more to clean walls and objects than it does to negatively affect enemies.  Not only is collision a big issue here, but the lack of good damage at moderate levels can be a problem to some folks.  RNG is still a bit of an issue.

2.  Tidal Surge is a charge on a 'Frame that's STILL not tanky.  Calling that a limited-case option is being EXTREMELY generous.  It IS good when you're in the puddle, but not elsewhere.

3.  Undertow is no longer the "I'mma go pee now, because there's bloody well all else I can do in this puddle" ability it once was.  I've REALLY loved that.

4.  Tentacle Swarm has a better AI, but still suffers from what I've heard referred to as the "bald spot" issue.  RNGesus is a fickle master, and having him work the levers on ability effectiveness is NOT a good idea.

PROS:  Abilities flow better into one another, with better transitions and casting options than ever before.

CONS:  BASIC issues people have had all along with Hydroid are still there, promoting a MASSIVE surge of hate for this rework/revisit.

Presently, he's not gonna exactly fly off the shelves come Prime Access.  Neither the Nami Skyla nor the Ballistica are terribly popular as is, and Hydroid is shaping up to be in the same boat.

be a nice update if it didnt keep hard crashing my computer from the game for some reason it was fine tell your patch now i can not even play at all .... start game up go to do something game lags then eventually locks up and causes like a graphical error sometimes then hard reboots my computer ... very annoyed right now