Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Series Should not have 2x HS Multiplier

Sky_

Specifically, the Lex and Lex Prime. (Not Aklex and it's Prime - those are in line with other dual pistols)

These two pistols have a 2x Headshot Multiplier, despite all other single shot pistols have 1.5x multiplier. Even other high damage pistols, such as the Marelok, have 1.5x. The Lex series has no reason to have a 2x Multiplier. 

Comparing the Marelok with a Lex Prime, for example - shows nothing but this imbalance. These two weapons share a very similar base damage (80 vs 78), a small clip size, similar Rate of Fire (2.00 vs 2.08) - but one has a 2.0x headshot multiplier. There is hardly any reason to use it over the lex because of that.  Full stat comparison in spoiler below

Spoiler

unknown.png

Lex and it's Prime version should have a 1.5x HS multiplier, like all other semi-auto pistols

Wait wait wait, what? Different weapons have different headshot multipliers?

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I thought multipliers were specific to the body part, not the weapon (e.g. 2.0x for heads, 3.0x for MOA fanny packs, 0.5x for MOA guns, etc). Was this a recent change I missed?

EDIT:
mJvzpyhoRwaQhHdcPiICuQ.png

Note to self: check section before posting.

Edited by SortaRandom

21 minutes ago, Sev1107 said:

Why though? What is a legit reason as to why they should be the same? Why shouldn't it be allowed to have a 2x multiplier?

The "reason" is because it's inbalanced. Why would you ever use a marelok (Other than because you deliberately want to) when the Lex Prime is just as good, but also has a 2X multiplier? 

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Wait wait wait, what? Different weapons have different headshot multipliers?

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I thought multipliers were specific to the body part, not the weapon (e.g. 2.0x for heads, 3.0x for MOA fanny packs, 0.5x for MOA guns, etc). Was this a recent change I missed?

Conclave has different headshot multipliers on certain weapons. Automatics have a very low one (1.2x), single shot weapons have a higher multiplier (1.5x), and the Snipers have a 2X one.

Edited by Sky_

Agreed. This multiplier would be fine for usual precision weapons, but the Lex/Prime duo already boasts the upgraded damage to back it up compared to other pistols. In the event of a headshot from either of these weapons, the reward is much greater than it should be. There are specific instances where the difference between 2.0 and 1.5 becomes apparent and very noticeable, in which case the Lex absolutely outshines others in its class as a result of the extra overhead. A tweak here would be very welcome in my opinion.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:47 PM, Sky_ said:

Why would you ever use a marelok (Other than because you deliberately want to) when the Lex Prime is just as good, but also has a 2X multiplier? 

Marelok has a multishot mod. You could hit headshots with less need for percision. There's also the fact that Lex is mostly puncture, and I highly prefer to use impact in most cases.