Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Nitro, Warframe of Explosion

Hunter126

I decided to try giving explosion theme another go. I know when people think explosion, they think Michael Bay. I just remembered my explosion concept it when King Explosion Murder happened.

This is Nitro (The Destructive, The Unstable)

Base Statistics

Spoiler

Health: 90.0 (270.0 at rank 30)

Shield: 125.0 (375.0 at rank 30)

Armor:  50.0

Energy: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.05

Codex Blurb

Spoiler

Nitro harnesses the power of explosions, forcing and obliterating his enemies with his destructive nature.

Abilities

Spoiler

Passive: Explosions and/or blast-related effects deal reduced damage to Nitro and replenishes energy.

A violent force of nature and radioactive, Nitro explodes onto the battlefield.

1) Dynamic Punch

Spoiler

Delivers a punch to a target, exploding upon contact, damaging and knocking down those caught within the blast.

Rank-up

Spoiler

This ability punches a target releasing an explosion with a range of 2m/3m/4m/5m dealing 350/450/550/650 Blast damage. at Max Rank this ability strength can be stacked by Melee Blast Damage (Energy cost: 25)

Range mods do not affect this Ability, Strength mods affect this ability.

2) Thunderclap

Spoiler

Unleashes a powerful shockwave, knocking down enemies within range and redirecting incoming fire.

Rank-up

Spoiler

This ability sets forth a wave of force through a range of 5m/7m/9m/12m. (Energy Cost: 50)

Range mods affect this ability.

3) Nitro Trail

Spoiler

Marks an enemy target, causing them to leave behind a flammable energy trail that ignites upon deactivation, homing back to the target and creating a powerful explosion. damaging and potentially knockdown all within its radius.

Rank-up

Spoiler

This ability deals 5/7/10/12 Toxin damage overtime to the target, the trail then ignites and deals 100/200/300/400 Blast damage to the enemy target with a likely chance to kill them and deals 75/100/125/150 Heat damage overtime in a 2m/4m/6m/8m radius from the explosion. no more than 2 targets can be targeted at a time and must be cast on a target within 8m. (Energy cost: 75)

Note: The amount of damage can increase, it builds up slowly so it's stronger the longer the trail hence strongest at the end of the trail but after 16m damage will not increase anymore. Killing the target without igniting the trail deals instantaneous and severe Blast damage to the target but only creates a powerful staggering shockwave upon death (with potential knockdown as it is Blast).

Range and Strength Mods do not affect this ability, Duration Mods can affect the time enemies stay on fire.

4) Fission

Spoiler

Creates an atomic chain reaction on an enemy target, forcing them to detonate, and engulf the target and nearby enemies in a powerful explosion. those who survive will succumb to its radioactive effects.

Rank-up

Spoiler

This ability deals 1000/1500/2000/2500 Blast damage when triggered and damage all enemies within 5m/7m/12m/15m (Energy cost: 100)

Strength Mods affect the ability.

Nitro is unconstrained and wildly unpredictable, can you control him tenno?

As always this is a work in progress and does need improvement. Thank you for viewing it. It has been awhile since I've made a concept.

I've got a few more warframe ideas and might post those soon as well.

Edited by Hunter126

I'd recommend changing his minefield ability. It seems maybe a little too niche. I'd recommend swapping it with a toggle ability giving nitro explosive rounds. Giving all firearms he uses blast damage on top of whatever damages they already posses. 15 energy to cast with a drain of 5 energy per second. Other than that your concept seems well thought out. 

• 1 month later...

I'm not saying you should full on copy his abilities but if you want a explosion frame why not draw some inspiration from someone else who has explosive powers like Bakugou from my hero academia ,you'd get some good ideas on abilities and its not that bad a show (I'd suggest someone else with explosive powers to do research on but I cant really think of anyone else). overall I like your idea I think its defiantly a unique take on explosions and if or after you finish critiquing I could actually see it in the game and would love to play it Id probably even grind for the quest requirements to. All in all I like it and its got great potential keep up the awesome job dude. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2017 at 1:17 AM, Therias said:

I'm not saying you should full on copy his abilities but if you want a explosion frame why not draw some inspiration from someone else who has explosive powers like Bakugou from my hero academia ,you'd get some good ideas on abilities and its not that bad a show (I'd suggest someone else with explosive powers to do research on but I cant really think of anyone else). overall I like your idea I think its defiantly a unique take on explosions and if or after you finish critiquing I could actually see it in the game and would love to play it Id probably even grind for the quest requirements to. All in all I like it and its got great potential keep up the awesome job dude. 

Well thanks. I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

And Yeah the first ability was based off Bakugou and you could tell I knew who Bakugou was by reading the first part of my post.

• 3 months later...

Alright so I did once think of using the toggle blast firearms ability idea long ago back on my original Nitro thread but I tried thinking of something else just to see what I could think of.

Okay so I can agree my Minefield ability did kinda suck so I came up with this new one as my 3rd.

3) Nitro Trail

the thread has been updated with the new 3rd.

• 2 months later...

Alright so I still want to give this a chance, and i made changes

Blast has been changed to Dynamic Punch and instead of an emitted explosion it is now an explosive punch. (meh i don't really care if it s a Pokemon move)

Shockwave has been replaced with Thunderclap, removing the original's drawbacks and reducing its original range while adding another effect to it for better utility than the original.

Nitro Trail was there for awhile, it initially was Minefield but i changed it awhile ago.

Fission is no longer duration-based, it's a singular explosion now, I could change it back but for now this is what it's like.

Nitro's passive no longer has association with heat-related damage and has been changed to a more explosion-themed one.

Thought that only matters to those who've seen this before. Regardless of how this concept does DE has yet to do an explosion-themed warframe. at some point i'm gonna change to a newer format I've been using.

Edited by Hunter126

On 2017-08-12 at 6:35 AM, Hunter126 said:

I decided to try giving explosion theme another go. I know when people think explosion, they think Michael Bay. I just remembered my explosion concept it when King Explosion Murder happened.

This is Nitro (The Destructive, The Unstable)

Base Statistics

Hide contents

Health: 90.0 (270.0 at rank 30)

Shield: 125.0 (375.0 at rank 30)

Armor:  50.0

Energy: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.05

Codex Blurb

Hide contents

Nitro harnesses the power of explosions, forcing and obliterating his enemies with his destructive nature.

Abilities

Hide contents

Passive: Explosions and/or blast-related effects deal reduced damage to Nitro and replenishes energy.

A violent force of nature and radioactive, Nitro explodes onto the battlefield.

1) Dynamic Punch

Hide contents

Delivers a punch to a target, exploding upon contact, damaging and knocking down those caught within the blast.

Rank-up

Hide contents

This ability punches a target releasing an explosion with a range of 2m/3m/4m/5m dealing 350/450/550/650 Blast damage. at Max Rank this ability strength can be stacked by Melee Blast Damage (Energy cost: 25)

Range mods do not affect this Ability, Strength mods affect this ability.

2) Thunderclap

Hide contents

Unleashes a powerful shockwave, knocking down enemies within range and redirecting incoming fire.

Rank-up

Hide contents

This ability sets forth a wave of force through a range of 5m/7m/9m/12m. (Energy Cost: 50)

Range mods affect this ability.

3) Nitro Trail

Hide contents

Marks an enemy target, causing them to leave behind a flammable energy trail that ignites upon deactivation, homing back to the target and creating a powerful explosion. damaging and potentially knockdown all within its radius.

Rank-up

Hide contents

This ability deals 5/7/10/12 Toxin damage overtime to the target, the trail then ignites and deals 100/200/300/400 Blast damage to the enemy target with a likely chance to kill them and deals 75/100/125/150 Heat damage overtime in a 2m/4m/6m/8m radius from the explosion. no more than 2 targets can be targeted at a time and must be cast on a target within 8m. (Energy cost: 75)

Note: The amount of damage can increase, it builds up slowly so it's stronger the longer the trail hence strongest at the end of the trail but after 16m damage will not increase anymore. Killing the target without igniting the trail deals instantaneous and severe Blast damage to the target but only creates a powerful staggering shockwave upon death (with potential knockdown as it is Blast).

Range and Strength Mods do not affect this ability, Duration Mods can affect the time enemies stay on fire.

4) Fission

Hide contents

Creates an atomic chain reaction on an enemy target, forcing them to detonate, and engulf the target and nearby enemies in a powerful explosion. those who survive will succumb to its radioactive effects.

Rank-up

Hide contents

This ability deals 1000/1500/2000/2500 Blast damage when triggered and damage all enemies within 5m/7m/12m/15m (Energy cost: 100)

Strength Mods affect the ability.

Nitro is unconstrained and wildly unpredictable, can you control him tenno?

As always this is a work in progress and does need improvement. Thank you for viewing it. It has been awhile since I've made a concept.

I've got a few more warframe ideas and might post those soon as well.

"Art is an explosion. KATSU."