Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The amount of Kuva per reroll should scale with disposition to incentivize rerolling non-meta rivens

(PSN)Texas_Twurk_Team

so like this?

Cost to cycle:

1. 900
  2. 1000
  3. 1200
  4. 1400
  5. 1700
  6. 2000
  7. 2350
  8. 2750
  9. 3150
  10. 3500
  11. 4000
  12. 4500

Cap cost:

1/5:   4,500 (stops rising at 12)

2/5:   4,000 (stops rising at 11)

3/5:   3,500 (stops rising at 10)

4/5:   2,750 (stops rising at 8)

5/5:   2,000 (stops rising at 6)

7 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

so like this?

Cost to cycle:

1. 900
  2. 1000
  3. 1200
  4. 1400
  5. 1700
  6. 2000
  7. 2350
  8. 2750
  9. 3150
  10. 3500
  11. 4000
  12. 4500

Cap cost:

1/5:   4,500 (stops rising at 12)

2/5:   4,000 (stops rising at 11)

3/5:   3,500 (stops rising at 10)

4/5:   2,750 (stops rising at 8)

Almost but I am not advocating raising the current reroll cap. I honestly feel that 3,500 is too high for any reroll but I feel like the proposed solution balances it out a bit

Or they could just make kuva easier to attain so the prices for riven rerolls isn't so disproportionate with the amount you gain per run of the kuva syphon.... all DE needs to do is look at the double resource booster weekend to know that we 'hate' farming kuva, just look at the amount of us who complained that our purchased boosters weren't working on kuva etc.   Why would we be buying boosters specifically to farm kuva if it was an enjoyable and balanced experience.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

Almost but I am not advocating raising the current reroll cap. I honestly feel that 3,500 is too high for any reroll but I feel like the proposed solution balances it out a bit

so

1/5:   3,500 (stops rising at 10)

2/5:   3,150 (stops rising at 9)

3/5:   2,750 (stops rising at 8)

4/5:   2,350 (stops rising at 7)

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Or they could just make kuva easier to attain so the prices for riven rerolls isn't so disproportionate with the amount you gain per run of the kuva syphon.... all DE needs to do is look at the double resource booster weekend to know that we 'hate' farming kuva, just look at the amount of us who complained that our purchased boosters weren't working on kuva etc.   Why would we be buying boosters specifically to farm kuva if it was an enjoyable and balanced experience.

yeah an uncommon drop on the fortress tileset (about same drop rate as plastids on uranus?.. 10-30 per drop?) would make a nice change of pace.

Also mission rewards like Rot A kuva defence/survival has a 25% chance to award 400 kuva, Rot B has 40% chance for 400, and Rot C has a 80% chance for 800.

Edited by Elvangreen

Is there some miscommunication happening or am I reading something different than what you are trying to say?

The first thing I have read was "less cost for lower dispositions", which is nonsense and the next thing is lower cost for a higher disposition which would make more sense.

What exactly is this about now? I would like a clear statement what this is about now.

4 hours ago, Funki0 said:

Is there some miscommunication happening or am I reading something different than what you are trying to say?

The first thing I have read was "less cost for lower dispositions", which is nonsense and the next thing is lower cost for a higher disposition which would make more sense.

What exactly is this about now? I would like a clear statement what this is about now.

Lower cost for higher disposition or higher for less disposition

Just now, ironfirefist said:

Lower cost for higher disposition or higher for less disposition

Thanks. Then that is the more logical option.

7 hours ago, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

I feel like weapons with lower dispositions should cost less

Because that is the opposite of what was probably meant.

Anyways, thanks.

12 hours ago, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

You knew exactly what was meant from the context of the comments, you just wanted to be argumentative.

"I need to know what you meant right now" lol no

There is no need to be like that. No one should accuse anyone of anything less good. You can keep that for yourself. Please don't accuse people immediately. Not everyone has to start an argument.

I was merely interested in what was meant exactly and it is an idea. But I personally don't really have a problem with equal cost for every riven type. The only problem for me is the dragging process of getting the kuva.

This is a good idea but I don't see it really changing much.

It's the 100% RNG aspect and acquisition of Kuva itself that's to blame. Disposition itself is also to blame.

The reason we end up rolling x100 times more on a Faint Disposition riven is because it's that much hard to get functional rolls. Strong Disposition Rivens are already rolled considerably less than Faint because it simply takes less to get rolls that will beat current mods and beating current mod options to have a functionally RIven is what I feel most players are trying for majority of the time.

Lowering the cost of Strong Disposition weapons also isn't going to make those weapons any better. It's less about trying a new weapon and more about knowing what can be good with a Riven and what can be better than good. I can guarantee you that no one is hesitating to roll on a Dragon Nikana Riven and I doubt many are bothering to use Kuva on a Seer Riven.

Our 60 Riven cap and what it takes to get Kuva play a much larger roll in what I bother to roll on. I got a Seer Riven and instantly deleted it. The cap itself forces us to be selective with our choices which is contrary to the purpose of the whole system.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:22 AM, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

I'm almost always going to reroll a riven for a meta weapon over something else if they both have 10+ rolls

That's your prerogative. Don't pin that on anyone but yourself.

I'd rather roll a riven for a Vasto over a riven for a Lex any day of the week because I actually enjoy using the Vasto Prime and personally find the Lex Prime unwieldy for my preferred play style.
I'd rather roll a riven for my Cycron because I actually quite enjoy that trash heap of a weapon.
I'd rather roll a riven for my Braton because I find the Braton line far more satisfying than any of the higher powered rifles in the game.
I'd rather roll a riven for my Daikyu because that thing is gorgeous and feels good to use over any other bow, even though they're far more useful and generally stronger.
I'd rather roll a riven for my Strun over my Tigris because I prefer the mechanics of the Strun and my build on my Strun Wraith has more flexibility than, "kill everything with next to no opposition."

Riven mods are a personal thing. You see them as a tool to bolster the meta. I, personally, see that as a stupid way to view them.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Riven mods are a personal thing. You see them as a tool to bolster the meta. I, personally, see that as a stupid way to view them.

I personally do not understand people's obsession with getting rivens for meta weapons. Ever since the disposition changes early on, most meta weapons have riven stats so weak that you could roll many times and not get a mod that's really a better choice than a regular mod you already have in your arsenal. And I am pretty sure some of the very popular weapons have hidden dispositions within dispositions. I once got a Hek riven with I think two good positives and the kind of negative you can be okay with, and the stats were still so poor I couldn't justify using it over other mods. 

33 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

most meta weapons have riven stats so weak that you could roll many times and not get a mod that's really a better choice than a regular mod you already have in your arsenal.

And they're like that for a reason! Most people just gotta have that riven mod for their Tigris Prime, though.

The same thing that drives players to invest in a meta weapon Riven is what drives players to level up in any RPG game.

It's the same reason players buy Primed mods or even bother to rank mods at all. To get more powerful, have a sense of progression and tangible accomplishment. Fact is the Riven system does not fully work. Many weapons cannot be better than a meta weapon even with the best possible roles. So you're not accomplishing anything other than having a weapon that's worse than what you had before.

Extrinsic Rewards are what motivate majority of people, esp gamers. This is why lowering the cost will not change much.

People will still go for what feels like the biggest accomplishment long as the task seems reasonable.

On 8/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, Elvangreen said:

so

1/5:   3,500 (stops rising at 10)

2/5:   3,150 (stops rising at 9)

3/5:   2,750 (stops rising at 8)

4/5:   2,350 (stops rising at 7)

It would also be fine if getting kuva was a bit "easier" or if you would get a bit more than what we get now from the kuva/flood quests because one definitely does not want to do kuva without a resource booster, it is simply way too slow that way. For 3500 kuva one has to play 6 normal kuva missions which is a bit much since getting kuva is not that particularly interesting.

51 minutes ago, runx0 said:

It would also be fine if getting kuva was a bit "easier" or if you would get a bit more than what we get now from the kuva/flood quests because one definitely does not want to do kuva without a resource booster, it is simply way too slow that way. For 3500 kuva one has to play 6 normal kuva missions which is a bit much since getting kuva is not that particularly interesting.

That is from an f2p aspect, warframe is always grindy, they have to put the barrier up somewhere.

For example neurodes are a problem at low levels, and when you start building primes, that becomes orokin cells...

Rivens are extra powerfull, they're not just an extra piece of gear, they are the most felxible mods ever.

If they don't make it hard to get/improve, then everyone would just look out for rivens all day and barely use normal mods, or suddently carry very op weapons with them.

Maybe like neurodes, we'll get another way of acquiring it, but that's surely primed SoonTM.

One thing I'm sure they will do, is not make it any easier on us. We saw this with mutagen too.

I can't say if I'm for or against this idea.  It seems like a nice change, but then I realize that high disposition rivens usually don't take many rerolls to be decent.  

I will agree that it just seems logical to have some way to get kuva at the Kuva Fortress.  That could just be me wanting other players and myself to have more reasons to go there.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect