Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Challange] A New Threat - It All Comes To An End [Finished]

ThunderKitsune

2 hours ago, Prophet_007 said:

Thunder...no offense meant but does a lot of people know about this?...i did introduce this challenge to my clan mates..they said they will give it a shot

It has been viewed over 300 times, so a good number of people have. The main problem I see is with the mission being on Lua. So only people who have completed the Second Dream quest can do the challenge. The other problem would be the pistol and glaive restriction.

Thank you for doing this! Nice video and challenge. 

On 8/25/2017 at 2:27 PM, ThunderKitsune said:

No one else going to give it a try?

\o/

Spoiler

54dKIdO.jpg

Here you can admire last moments of Alad Bursa. he was vicious, and his weapon - dangerous... But he stood no chance, versus buffed Glaive. 
(I really like the pistol / thrown melee combo).

Spoiler

D3omXcg.jpg

Now I somewhat regret not changing to some squishy frame for this challenge...
I took Inaros, due to the common Sentient infestation on Lua, but sadly - it was a "No-Sentient Moon Party"... 
Once again - thank you, and have a good day.

Edited by Khorroden
e: fixed the lack of spoilers... 

5 hours ago, Khorroden said:

Thank you for doing this! Nice video and challenge. 

\o/

Hide contents

54dKIdO.jpg

Here you can admire last moments of Alad Bursa. he was vicious, and his weapon - dangerous... But he stood no chance, versus buffed Glaive. 
(I really like the pistol / thrown melee combo).

Hide contents

D3omXcg.jpg

Now I somewhat regret not changing to some squishy frame for this challenge...
I took Inaros, due to the common Sentient infestation on Lua, but sadly - it was a "No-Sentient Moon Party"... 
Once again - thank you, and have a good day.

I'm glad you liked it ^-^. In capture missions, Sentients never show up, they enemies also never lock doors on you, which I find handy.

5 hours ago, Khorroden said:

Ah. Forgot about the prize... 

I would like to get '5x Orokin Catalyst'. A simple tool, but how convenient, considering the amount of weapons in this game.

Excuse me, I guess I stayed too long inside Nulifier' globe... Thank you for understanding.

They are quite useful. All get your prize to you soon.

17 prizes left.

4 hours ago, DragonRiderX98 said:

I'd like to have: Nidina armor set ;)

2BSZu3F.jpg

Edit: BTW! I really enjoyed this challange! It's a nice change of pace from the Riven mod challanges. Hope that there will be more challanges like this in the future. Take care! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it ^-^ I have two more challenges to come, and I'll get your prize to you soon.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:50 PM, Khorroden said:

They sure are. Thank you very much.

You're welcome ^-^

16 prizes left.

I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out how to do this mission. Tried shooting different spots around, tried looking for something to scan, tried hacking bursas nearby to see if they maybe would target or pull out the enemy. Nothing seemed to be able to do it.
Think this is the only challenge of yours I'll skip.

11 hours ago, crystalyq said:

iL9zGch.jpg

Blue and Yellow Potato, Wf slot, 8x Orokin cell Decorations =P

Nice work, looks like you started with an unranked Saryn Prime too. I'll get your prizes to you soon.

9 hours ago, Navarchus said:

I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out how to do this mission. Tried shooting different spots around, tried looking for something to scan, tried hacking bursas nearby to see if they maybe would target or pull out the enemy. Nothing seemed to be able to do it.
Think this is the only challenge of yours I'll skip.

Oh my, that's not good. Looks like the game bugged out on you. The mission should of failed not long after he got into that ship. Maybe try again and hopefully it doesn't bug out again.

15 prizes left.

4 hours ago, ThunderKitsune said:

This challenge is still going ^-^

I don't get it to be honest. You are literally giving some useful stuff for free, and all you expect from a person is a few minutes of their time, but still - people seem to not have time or interest to do it. 

Yesterday I told my friends about this challenge, yet I see none of them posting here.
I don't know... I feel weird taking part in your challenges, because I already have all the things I could want for now. Some folks joined not so long ago, and would benefit greatly from some slots/ reactors for free, yet - this thread is nearly dead, even though, there are plenty prizes left.

I hope, that it's due to the mission not being all that easy if you go on Lua unprepared, but I'm starting to think that it's just laziness that stops people from participating. If you were just giving platinum away, it would take one day, and it would be over... Maybe I am wrong, but it seems this way. Kind of sad.

I put link to this page, on my discord, but I don't think it will change much. It seems, that in the "Age of Giveaways" everything that requires more than 5 min is on ignore list for most ppl.
Now, I appreciate what you try to do even more. You make videos explaining the point of the challenge, and it takes time - time, that seems to be a very rare resource lately... Thank you

1 hour ago, Khorroden said:

I don't get it to be honest. You are literally giving some useful stuff for free, and all you expect from a person is a few minutes of their time, but still - people seem to not have time or interest to do it. 

Yesterday I told my friends about this challenge, yet I see none of them posting here.
I don't know... I feel weird taking part in your challenges, because I already have all the things I could want for now. Some folks joined not so long ago, and would benefit greatly from some slots/ reactors for free, yet - this thread is nearly dead, even though, there are plenty prizes left.

I hope, that it's due to the mission not being all that easy if you go on Lua unprepared, but I'm starting to think that it's just laziness that stops people from participating. If you were just giving platinum away, it would take one day, and it would be over... Maybe I am wrong, but it seems this way. Kind of sad.

I put link to this page, on my discord, but I don't think it will change much. It seems, that in the "Age of Giveaways" everything that requires more than 5 min is on ignore list for most ppl.
Now, I appreciate what you try to do even more. You make videos explaining the point of the challenge, and it takes time - time, that seems to be a very rare resource lately... Thank you

That's the most wonderful thing ive heard on the forums...nailed it mate..i feel the same. Even i said it to my friends and neither do i see their posts. But i thorughly enjoy what you do thunder and those explanation vedios..i love'em

On 9/5/2017 at 11:06 AM, Prophet_007 said:

That's the most wonderful thing ive heard on the forums...nailed it mate..i feel the same. Even i said it to my friends and neither do i see their posts. But i thorughly enjoy what you do thunder and those explanation vedios..i love'em

45 minutes ago, ThunderKitsune said:

Sorry it's taken me this long to reply, I just didn't know what to say, and still don't :laugh:

What @Khorroden said is so true. I just hope my next challenge is more interesting to people, altho it is a team challenge, so we'll see. I already have 7 classes planed out for it, just need one more.

Thank you both. I'm glad, that I'm not the only one who thinks that it's strange, that hardly anyone cares about stuff like challenges nowadays. Especially now, when we are all waiting for the upcoming big update, and there's little going on in game. I always loved achievements in games, and most of them - gave player nothing, but a text notification. Just a line of text, no true reward like a weapon or a colorful cape that your character could wear.
Here, in ThunderKitsune's challenges, you have a simple objective, and a set of rules you need to follow.
If you manage to do it, then you can say to yourself: "Hey, I just did that, even though I nearly got killed twice. That's nice". It's like achievement, but a lot better. After having fun, and completing the mission, you can get a nice reward. It's nearly like someone was paying you for playing a game, that you already enjoy playing. It's double-win situation.

I often like to challenge myself in games, and even though I often don't even notice it - I like to experiment with what game has to offer, to immerse myself more. I still remember, when I decided to do 20 min solo survival, with War and no mods. I'm glad, that I did have my sentinel, because Stalker visited me. It took like 30 min for me to beat him, and I wasted many Health Restore Pods, but I felt victorious. Someone could say, that it was pointless, that I got nothing for doing that, but for me, that was a true boss-fight.
Games are meant to be fun, and everyone has a different opinion, what "fun" truly is. It's hard to make everyone happy. Actually... It's hard to make anyone happy...

I personally feel bad, when I get a reward for doing literally nothing. That's why I like to take part in challenges like this one, and not in lotteries where you just write something, with a small chance to win a lot of Platinum.
I guess I would be more happy with the cosmetic stuff that I would instantly buy for that plat. There would be no "winning" part in a lottery for me. Just like in real life - I prefer to actually do something, and get rewarded for that, than rely on luck, and rolling a dice over and over again. I like RNG when it comes to dealing a critical hit, or not hitting at all, or getting a rare mod/ resource, or not getting one.

<Sargas Ruk and Orokin Cell farming flashbacks>

I think that team challenge might be interesting. I wonder, what it's going to be. 
From what I've heard, a lot of ppl. play solo, so there might be a problem for them to find a group to do that, but on the other hand... 
People willing to do your next challenge, could make a group here, on the forums, and then invite each other in-game. It could work. 

(You mention 8 classes, so a Law of Retribution is a possibility, with a group being able to only have one of each class...
I hope someone will make a challenge on Jordas Verdict one day, because I avoid that one like Sentient' "DiscBalls", and with no real reason to go there - I wont). 

Edited by Khorroden
Nullifiers are annoying

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do love these challenges! They remind me of old Tactical Alerts, but I guess a lot of people hated the weapon-specific ones... This one was a bit difficult because I'm not used to this weapon combo at all, but I found some tricks to keep me alive and succeed (I also ended up killing a lot more crewmen than needed because they wouldn't stop rushing in when I was trying to capture Bursa after downing him).

Only reason I haven't done this sooner was because I didn't have any of the pistols allowed (I used my Lex to craft an Aklex...), so it took me a while to recraft something good. Luckily the Lex Prime is already pretty strong even with few mods on.

Spoiler

2iSIXSc.jpg 

I'd like the Arca armor set, please.

Thanks again Thunder for this series, it's been a fun run!

23 hours ago, Khorroden said:

I think that team challenge might be interesting. I wonder, what it's going to be. 

From what I've heard, a lot of ppl. play solo, so there might be a problem for them to find a group to do that, but on the other hand... 
People willing to do your next challenge, could make a group here, on the forums, and then invite each other in-game. It could work. 

(You mention 8 classes, so a Law of Retribution is a possibility, with a group being able to only have one of each class...
I hope someone will make a challenge on Jordas Verdict one day, because I avoid that one like Sentient' "DiscBalls", and with no real reason to go there - I wont). 

I plan to allow people to form their teams in the topic post just to make things easier, and also let them use my discord server too. The challenge wont be one of the trials since they are not endless, and the 8 classes is to help each team have a different combination, just to make things interesting.

14 hours ago, DerMetzgermeister said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do love these challenges! They remind me of old Tactical Alerts, but I guess a lot of people hated the weapon-specific ones... This one was a bit difficult because I'm not used to this weapon combo at all, but I found some tricks to keep me alive and succeed (I also ended up killing a lot more crewmen than needed because they wouldn't stop rushing in when I was trying to capture Bursa after downing him).

Only reason I haven't done this sooner was because I didn't have any of the pistols allowed (I used my Lex to craft an Aklex...), so it took me a while to recraft something good. Luckily the Lex Prime is already pretty strong even with few mods on.

Hide contents

2iSIXSc.jpg 

I'd like the Arca armor set, please.

Thanks again Thunder for this series, it's been a fun run!

Lex Prime is a powerful weapon, I think it maybe the most powerful pistol in the game. I'll get your prize to you soon.

14 prizes left.

3 hours ago, Fox7000 said:

Tip to other participants: Don't play with charged throw afret finishing objective. You may repeat mission when you lose all revieves.

gSaAvgI.jpg

I don't really need anything now so i guess i will take 5 Catalysts.

Nicely done. I'll get your prize to you soon.

1 hour ago, ShadowXD002V said:

Did I do this right?

VYDZ5Wl.jpg

You have done it correctly ^-^ I just need to know what you would like for a prize now.

12 prizes left.

aUvP8pM.jpg

the challenge is new and interesting , it´s been some time since i have had problem doing a mission, i fractured my hand so it was a litte harder for me :P, but I still had fun doing the challenge. I´ll want the mydin kavat armor :D

Edited by powerdaal
english is not my mother language sooo... ;--;

15 hours ago, powerdaal said:

aUvP8pM.jpg

the challenge is new and interesting , it´s been some time since i have had problem doing a mission, i fractured my hand so it was a litte harder for me :P, but I still had fun doing the challenge. I´ll want the mydin kavat armor :D

I'm glad you had fun with it ^-^ and I hope your hand gets better soon. I'll send your prize to you soon.

10 prizes left.