Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BEST REWORK FOR RHINO HANDS DOWN!!!

Dohako

Armor:

Rhino 190 to 200, Rhino Prime 275 to 300

Passive:

Upon receiving damage to health Rhino has a 10% chance to be invulnerable for a 3 seconds.

Rhino Charge:

Damage nerf from 650 to 500. Change Impact Damage into Blast Damage.

Ironclad Charge:

+10 combo window and status duration.

Reason:

Impact proc is for knockbacks with a short stagger effect. Blast proc is for knockdowns while opening enemies up for ground finishers and stealth damage.

Ironskin:

Toggle on/off energy drain. Initial cost 50 and 5/s energy drain both effected by power efficiency. Doesn't scale off armor or effected by power strength.

Ironshrapnel:

Toggle ironskin ON 12m radial blast proc. Toggle ironskin OFF 12m radial blast proc. Receiving X amount of damage while ironskin is active 12m radial blast proc.

Reason:

Achieving the defensive qualities of ironskin in a much simplified and controlled way.

Roar:

Change 50% bonus damage to ADDITIVE 20% crit chance and 20% status chance effected by power strength but capped at 25% crit/status.

E.G. nukor 1% crit/20% status + roar 20% crit/status = nukor 26% crit/40% status and then multiplied by mods.

Terrifying Roar:

Enemies affected by roar have a viral proc and get sent into a state of panic for the entire duration of roar.

Reason:

This change would be more beneficial in the long run/late game. The augment is more CC while reducing enemies' health.

Rhino Stomp:

Damage Nerf 800 to 500. Enemies affected by stomp should have the movement speed and fire/attack speed reduce PERMANENTLY by 50%/?/?75%.

Dismantling Stomp:

70% armor reduction for enemies affected by rhino stomp while in stasis ONLY. Armor reduction effected by power strength.

Reason:

Damage falls off really quick so no one should be bothered by that. The CC from permanent movement and fire/attack speed would be more beneficial in the long run/late game.

The augment is really self-explanatory.

Final Thoughts:

These rework suggestions is mainly to make rhino a more versatile tank with more CC and utility with his abilities. 

Edited by Dohako

Rhino is pretty much one of my top 2 most played frames, but I don't really approve of giving him more power that it needs. Little tweaks here and there should be perfect, like giving him a better passive or the ability to recast the Iron Skin without an augment.

More than that, and it will become too powerful, even with little investment. Even now, when I have a lot of investment in it, Sortie levels or above are nothing much. They can't cut through a buffed up Iron Skin and neither is their HP significant enough if I buff myself with Roar.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

27 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Not bad, rhino definitely needs Something. Iron skin is crap currently

>->;; Power strength, armor, use Roar first, hit at least five enemies with Iron Clad Charge. Throw on Growing Power if you're feeling even more crazy. You'll shrug off a level 300 Corrupted Crewman's shotgun without even breaking the Iron Skin.

2 hours ago, AtoKitsune said:

>->;; Power strength, armor, use Roar first, hit at least five enemies with Iron Clad Charge. Throw on Growing Power if you're feeling even more crazy. You'll shrug off a level 300 Corrupted Crewman's shotgun without even breaking the Iron Skin.

You "have" to use the augment for him to survive endgame. I dont want to have to use the Augment... He needs to scale bettr or his iron skin needs to be stackable like snow globe.

9 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Rhino is pretty much one of my top 2 most played frames, but I don't really approve of giving him more power that it needs. Little tweaks here and there should be perfect, like giving him a better passive or the ability to recast the Iron Skin without an augment.

More than that, and it will become too powerful, even with little investment. Even now, when I have a lot of investment in it, Sortie levels or above are nothing much. They can't cut through a buffed up Iron Skin and neither is their HP significant enough if I buff myself with Roar.

9 hours ago, Varacal said:

ehhhh.... no

8 hours ago, Xyhon said:

Yeah, and lets give him even more power than he has now. Really, he is total badass now, nowhere near in need of rework.

to Xyhon and N7-Leonhart how are these rework suggestions giving him more power? And all of you guys sound like you don't like change but don't have a valid reason "WHY."

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I think the old ironskin back when rhino was first release. but instead of duration make it energy drain like how I suggest.

This will free up the other abilities along with their augments to be more unique.

52 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

i would rather not have to use augments to make him effective but other wise he is fine as he is.

I completely agree. Augments should be optional instead of a forced method to make a warframe effective.

11 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I am just gonna assume this is sarcasm.

Rhino is a great spot right now. He can tank, he can buff, he can lock down with hard cc. Only thing he can't really do with his powers is deal damage but if he can do the other three, he really doesn't need to do damage.

As for Iron Skin being duration based... I can say this as a Chroma player, refreshing Vex Armor and Elemental Ward every 30 or 40 seconds gets really annoying and you have to give up a lot of range for that duration.

Let's dissect what issues are here.

11 hours ago, Dohako said:

Armor:

Rhino 190 to 200, Rhino Prime 275 to 300

Armor increase is ok, the normal is a mild 10 and the prime is an ok 25, so there isn't much issue here and I am in agreement with a tiny bolster to his EHP. Not a problem.

11 hours ago, Dohako said:

Passive:

Upon receiving damage to health Rhino has a 10% chance to be invulnerable for a 3 seconds.

Red flag immediately, invulnerability is finicky and we have several frames that do this, Rhino is _included_ in this pool. His Iron skin negates all damage to a separate pool which, if you look at his health bar upon cast, is grayed in the invincibility period, just like harrow's 4. 
alternatively his passive needs to be altered from what it is right now (which is just heavy impact) to one I call "Rhino's stampede"
When rhino sprints he slowly ramps up sprint speed to an additional .50 to sprint speed, stomping firmly and after 5 consecutive seconds he is unable to be knocked up or down from his charge.
This makes sense thematically and also ability wise, as rhinos are not known to jump and fall to make an impact, he also looks and physically acts like an american football player.

12 hours ago, Dohako said:

Rhino Charge:

Damage buff from 650 to 1000. Change Impact Damage into Blast Damage.

Too large of a buff. Much too large. 350 damage is far _far_ too much in terms of %strength scaling on a first ability, especially one so quick and easily spammable. Blast is not needed, he knocks down enemies super hard with his charge in a ragdoll.

Ironclad Charge:

+10 combo window and status duration.

While I don't have an issue with his current combo window, they should increase it marginally, about two seconds longer. Not ten, if anything needs ten more seconds to its combo duration, that would be snipers.

Ironskin:

Toggle on/off energy drain. Initial cost 50 and 5/s energy drain both effected by power efficiency. Doesn't scale off armor or effected by power strength.

Toggle on/off is very _very_ bad for endgame. While rhino cannot hold super well with iron skin alone against high &#! levels, not many can as it is. Quick thinking exists for the same purpose listed.

Roar:

50% bonus damage to ADDITIVE 20% crit chance and 20% status chance effected by power strength but capped at 25% crit/status.

No additonal stats should be added to roar. It is a massive strength buff as it is, and power strength is great on any frame to have. (Loki minorly excluded) His roar has no problems and need no additional buffs.Additive crit and status is broken as hell.

Terrifying Roar:

Enemies affected by roar have a viral proc and get sent into a state of panic for the entire duration of roar.

Viral proc makes no sense for a roar. Roar can last a long &#! time, panic for that duration on rhino with STOMP is absurd.

Rhino Stomp:

Damage Nerf 800 to 500. Enemies affected by stomp should have the movement speed and fire/attack speed reduce PERMANENTLY by 80%/90%/95%/97.5%.

No no no no thousand times no. permanent decrease to fire rate, attack speed AND movement speed by nearly 100% is like a a frost bubble that is 890% range.

Dismantling Stomp:

70% armor reduction for enemies affected by rhino stomp while in stasis ONLY. Armor reduction effected by power strength.

This would become an essential mod when combined with CP. one CP and this augment means nobody else needs CP in raids (aside JV) and makes sorties even EASIER. Endless would be a joke.

In conclusion, I appreciate your thoughts on rhino, but honestly the only change he needs is thematic matching on his passive, otherwise these are all way WAY too strong for a frame such as rhino, which can carry all of the star chart for a new player who only needs to fight the first starmap boss of the progressive game.

Since he the really first tank in the game, i think he deserve a little review. Nothing big, but a little more than a simply buff. Like:

Rhino ChargeHe a Rhino right? That shouln't be just a motivation step. I think it should be a CHARGE, that never stop til hard colision or CC "If Iron Skin not casted" or by your own decision. I take example of Sion's Ult in League of Legend. The ability would work with Power Strengh and Power Efficiency. The spell could make raisonable damage with a 100% knockdown proc.

Iron Skin: Almost nothing to say... Almost. The only thing i have to say is that for a tank frame, it is sad to see how quick he becoming a easy target for higher enemies level. The spells should give a % damage reduction bonus that last longer than the "shield" or give it when the shield break for a short period of time.

And finally his passive... Plz... On top of everything... That god **** passive... I mean the passive so useless and weak, that a mod already exist to make that exact same job! At least buff it to replicate his 4, on a smaller area and that Power duration don't affect it. Basically, when Rhino land from high jump, his passive would be like his 4, for a really short time like 1/2 second on a shorter scale like 8meter around him

6 hours ago, Dohako said:

to Xyhon and N7-Leonhart how are these rework suggestions giving him more power? And all of you guys sound like you don't like change but don't have a valid reason "WHY."

Especially the Roar part. That sounds like Harrow's ulti, but better :crylaugh:

14 hours ago, RikerWatts said:

Let's dissect what issues are here.

Armor increase is ok, the normal is a mild 10 and the prime is an ok 25, so there isn't much issue here and I am in agreement with a tiny bolster to his EHP. Not a problem.

Red flag immediately, invulnerability is finicky and we have several frames that do this, Rhino is _included_ in this pool. His Iron skin negates all damage to a separate pool which, if you look at his health bar upon cast, is grayed in the invincibility period, just like harrow's 4. 
alternatively his passive needs to be altered from what it is right now (which is just heavy impact) to one I call "Rhino's stampede"
When rhino sprints he slowly ramps up sprint speed to an additional .50 to sprint speed, stomping firmly and after 5 consecutive seconds he is unable to be knocked up or down from his charge.
This makes sense thematically and also ability wise, as rhinos are not known to jump and fall to make an impact, he also looks and physically acts like an american football player.

Too large of a buff. Much too large. 350 damage is far _far_ too much in terms of %strength scaling on a first ability, especially one so quick and easily spammable. Blast is not needed, he knocks down enemies super hard with his charge in a ragdoll.

While I don't have an issue with his current combo window, they should increase it marginally, about two seconds longer. Not ten, if anything needs ten more seconds to its combo duration, that would be snipers.

Toggle on/off is very _very_ bad for endgame. While rhino cannot hold super well with iron skin alone against high &#! levels, not many can as it is. Quick thinking exists for the same purpose listed.

No additonal stats should be added to roar. It is a massive strength buff as it is, and power strength is great on any frame to have. (Loki minorly excluded) His roar has no problems and need no additional buffs.Additive crit and status is broken as hell.

Viral proc makes no sense for a roar. Roar can last a long &#! time, panic for that duration on rhino with STOMP is absurd.

No no no no thousand times no. permanent decrease to fire rate, attack speed AND movement speed by nearly 100% is like a a frost bubble that is 890% range.

This would become an essential mod when combined with CP. one CP and this augment means nobody else needs CP in raids (aside JV) and makes sorties even EASIER. Endless would be a joke.

In conclusion, I appreciate your thoughts on rhino, but honestly the only change he needs is thematic matching on his passive, otherwise these are all way WAY too strong for a frame such as rhino, which can carry all of the star chart for a new player who only needs to fight the first starmap boss of the progressive game.

You sound like someone that already have a specific build for rhino and you gotten used to it and is afraid of change. 

Edited by Dohako

10 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Especially the Roar part. That sounds like Harrow's ulti, but better :crylaugh:

How is it better? Because it would last longer? 50% damage bonus changed into 20% crit and 20% status and capped at 25% for both???

Harrow 50% additive crit and 200% additive crit for headshots.

it may last longer on rhino but enemies die much quicker with harrow.

17 minutes ago, Dohako said:

You sound like someone that already have a specific build for rhino and you gotten used to it and is afraid of change. 

Excuse you?
Did you even READ everything I typed?
If this were to be implemented, my rhino build would be ASTRONOMICALLY BETTER.
A PERMANENT 97.5% SLOW ON ENEMIES? WHO WOULD NEED TO PLAY NOVA?
20% ADDITIVE CRIT CHANCE ON WEAPONS LIKE LENZ, SOMA, DREAD?

20 minutes ago, Dohako said:

How is it better? Because it would last longer? 50% damage bonus changed into 20% crit and 20% status and capped at 25% for both???

Harrow 50% additive crit and 200% additive crit for headshots.

it may last longer on rhino but enemies die much quicker with harrow.

Rhino's roar augment is piercing roar, that's already armor shredding enough- and Harrow is a tactical support for gunplay, rhino is a hyper offensive CC. 20% crit and status is not needed to make his roar better whatsoever. This is incredibly busted because nobody would play anything BUT harrow and rhino duos.

20 minutes ago, Dohako said:

You didn't state nothing but disagreement, but no explanation why.

He really doesn't need to state anything more. Rhino is perfectly fine where he is. The only conflict he has is his passive not exactly making sense on him. Otherwise he is 100% fine exactly where he is. All his abilities are used very VERY often.