Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BEST REWORK FOR RHINO HANDS DOWN!!!

Dohako

On 8/15/2017 at 4:57 PM, RikerWatts said:

Here you go

Find me one person in this thread who vehemently agrees with what you said for the rhino rework before your edits.

I'm a hypocrite now??? I thought you were smarter than this, I guess I thought wrong then... smh. You are far worse than fake news or media. You took all those things I said to make me look like a bad guy knowing damn well what I meant by saying those things. But you had to go out of your way to take all of that out of context. And you have a whole cheerleading squad with you to like and upvote your comments. Just stop please.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:19 PM, Azamagon said:

Because he doesn't need a rework. Few tiny tweaks maybe, as many others have said, but not a total rework.

A very complete frame without requiring a total rework. Only a few tweakes were needed. This is what people have been trying to tell you.

If people would look at the rework. It's not a whole lot that is being change by rhino. Just small tweaks.

On 8/16/2017 at 1:02 PM, xS0nico said:

I don't really understand why Rhino needs a rework, honestly.
The only thing that i agree is the Roar Augment replacement. But the rest...is quite overexagerated, to be honest. 

I just suggested small tweaks but from what I'm noticing from people feedback or comments they are getting bent out of shape of the word rework.

On 8/16/2017 at 1:50 PM, (PS4)theelix said:

trash.jpg?w=840 this is your rework. 

Consists of nothing but random buffs that... have no reason real to be implemented and random nerfs that make even less sense. Passive to randomly give you iron skin's three seconds of invincibility at higher rates because...? That has too much gameplay value to be a passive. Iron skin being Valkyr's ult without the restriction to melee because...? Roar just turning Rhino into the crit/status buff tank because...? 

There's no reason for any of it. We'd be better without it. 

You must work for DE?

On 8/16/2017 at 3:57 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Nekros Creeping Terrify is capped at 75% slow just like Nova and Valkyr.

Frost and Limbo can slow to 100%

Yes I know you were not talking to me. I however am addressing what was said in the thread of this forum(medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged),as it was not a private message.

I'm not going to target you fellow player. The other player was being rude and doesn't want to acknowledge it. Thank you for the info by the way I was currently unaware.

You know, I dont normally comment on forum posts, but 

12 hours ago, Dohako said:

You must work for DE?

thats just @(*()$ disrespectful and rude to someone that was asking questions.

12 hours ago, Dohako said:

I just suggested small tweaks but from what I'm noticing from people feedback or comments they are getting bent out of shape of the word rework.

"small tweaks"

I @(*()$ fell off my chair laughing. Read your own damn "rework". Its @(*()$ garbage. You want to make RHINO, who can shrug off a lvl 250+ heavy gunner, EVEN STRONGER? What is wrong with you? Rhino is already extremely good for endurance runs, assassinations, (to an extent) defenses, mobile defenses, whatever. Rhino works really well at his current state, and at the moment the only thing that I would change would be his passive. 

Please, dont suggest broken reworks that dont matter? Thanks. I think we need reworks on Hydroid, Wukong, and Zephyr more than Rhino.

On 8/18/2017 at 0:58 PM, Quedion said:

You know, I dont normally comment on forum posts, but 

thats just @(*()$ disrespectful and rude to someone that was asking questions.

"small tweaks"

I @(*()$ fell off my chair laughing. Read your own damn "rework". Its @(*()$ garbage. You want to make RHINO, who can shrug off a lvl 250+ heavy gunner, EVEN STRONGER? What is wrong with you? Rhino is already extremely good for endurance runs, assassinations, (to an extent) defenses, mobile defenses, whatever. Rhino works really well at his current state, and at the moment the only thing that I would change would be his passive. 

Please, dont suggest broken reworks that dont matter? Thanks. I think we need reworks on Hydroid, Wukong, and Zephyr more than Rhino.

He wasn't asking any questions that required me to respond to. Is called being rhetorical. Anybody can suggest what they want. And at his current state his majority of kit works for his one ability which is ironskin. And that's not a problem? OK.

On 8/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

Rhino is pretty much one of my top 2 most played frames, but I don't really approve of giving him more power that it needs. Little tweaks here and there should be perfect, like giving him a better passive or the ability to recast the Iron Skin without an augment.

More than that, and it will become too powerful, even with little investment. Even now, when I have a lot of investment in it, Sortie levels or above are nothing much. They can't cut through a buffed up Iron Skin and neither is their HP significant enough if I buff myself with Roar.

You're simply relying on Iron Skin itself. I personally don't want to have to mod for one specific skill, limiting all the others to be weaker. They are still useable, of course. But in high-level sorties I dont want to have to mod for Iron Skin just to survive.

2 hours ago, Insidiatorii said:

You're simply relying on Iron Skin itself. I personally don't want to have to mod for one specific skill, limiting all the others to be weaker. They are still useable, of course. But in high-level sorties I dont want to have to mod for Iron Skin just to survive.

I am also relying on Roar, so 2 and 3 are activated pretty much all the time. And for the Iron Skin to be truly powerful, I also need to use 1 with the Ironclad Charge augment. Therefore, I constantly use 3 of his abilities, so you can't say I only mod for one specific skill. 4 is not particularly weak, but I can use it only when I have leftover energy.

1 hour ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I am also relying on Roar, so 2 and 3 are activated pretty much all the time. And for the Iron Skin to be truly powerful, I also need to use 1 with the Ironclad Charge augment. Therefore, I constantly use 3 of his abilities, so you can't say I only mod for one specific skill. 4 is not particularly weak, but I can use it only when I have leftover energy.

There are better ways to make a class of abilites flow.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:12 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

That explanation right there shows a huge problem with rhino. I'm left speechless to the point that all I can say is thank you. Absolutely no sarcasm intended.

On 8/20/2017 at 9:03 PM, Insidiatorii said:

I'm glad that another player agrees with me on how Rhino needs a rework. I like most of your ideas listed, although maybe you could take a look at mine as well. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/833784-rhino-rhino-rhino-edit-13-misc/

The link is stating the content is no longer available fellow player.

Edited by Dohako

On 8/20/2017 at 9:01 PM, Insidiatorii said:

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Dohako said:

That explanation right there shows a huge problem with rhino. I'm left speechless to the point that all I can say is thank you. Absolutely no sarcasm intended.

It's all subjective. This 'problem' of yours that you see (whatever it is) is actually my most used build for Rhino for a long time now, as is massively effective across all mission types and level ranges.

Or you mean to say that it should be this powerful without even needing to use the X or Y mods, right? :crylaugh:

13 hours ago, DeadScream said:

I want free-target rhino charge with a heavy impact effect when you hit the ground or a wall with it. 

And a good passive.

That's all, Rhino is on a pretty good spot without the need of any major rework

I say the same thing about Rhino Charge in my rework here -> 

On 8/20/2017 at 11:12 PM, -N7-Leonhart said:

That right there what I made bold from your comment is the problem. You are using an ability's augment to boost another ability. And that clearly shows forced synergy. Anyone with a brain can clearly see that DE set it up that way for Ironclad to support IS but not benefit Rhino Charge at all. We both know that  Reinforcing Stomp doesn't even need to be mentioned. In your previous statement you said that you would like to be able use IS freely without a augment(Not your words exactly but I'm paraphrasing). I'm not doubting your build for rhino isn't good. My question to you is, can it be done easier? 

22 minutes ago, Insidiatorii said:

That should work

Ok now I saw your suggestions for rhino. First, I don't agree with the slowing down of rhino in a couple of the abilities, because warframe is a fast-paced game and rhino is the fastest frame in game after the helm and mods of course. Players have their rhino already build around his ironskin and fashionframe that means no room for helm or speed boost mods. Second, Are your suggestions suppose to benefit for the most part Ironskin alone and not benefit each ability? If so I wouldn't recommend those suggestions because that's the problem we have now with players building to have a decent Ironskin and ok everything else. I would suggests for rhino good abilities with some synergy but not forced synergy. E.G. players have to use ironclad charge to get a good buff on IS, players have to use iron shrapnel to control IS and players have to use Reinforcing Stomp to keep IS up for a decent bit longer. All these are signs showing forced synergy and players who come on forums saying "rhino is in a good spot right now and doesn't need a rework" 11 times out of 10 they have a build with at least 2 out of 3 of these mods to have a decent IS value and they don't see a problem. My theory is that their scared of change which is completely understandable because DE is known for taking away fun stuff and they've gotten use to their rhino builds so changing rhino at any point in time may cause more mayhem amongst the player-base so I get it My answer to all that is DE has nerf things in the past without explanations to the player-base or have allowed things to go unchecked which cause players to get stuck in the meta or cheese which ever you prefer and the whole community goes up in arms about it.

13 minutes ago, Dohako said:

Ok now I saw your suggestions for rhino. First, I don't agree with the slowing down of rhino in a couple of the abilities, because warframe is a fast-paced game and rhino is the fastest frame in game after the helm and mods of course. Players have their rhino already build around his ironskin and fashionframe that means no room for helm or speed boost mods. Second, Are your suggestions suppose to benefit for the most part Ironskin alone and not benefit each ability? If so I wouldn't recommend those suggestions because that's the problem we have now with players building to have a decent Ironskin and ok everything else. I would suggests for rhino good abilities with some synergy but not forced synergy. E.G. players have to use ironclad charge to get a good buff on IS, players have to use iron shrapnel to control IS and players have to use Reinforcing Stomp to keep IS up for a decent bit longer. All these are signs showing forced synergy and players who come on forums saying "rhino is in a good spot right now and doesn't need a rework" 11 times out of 10 they have a build with at least 2 out of 3 of these mods to have a decent IS value and they don't see a problem. My theory is that their scared of change which is completely understandable because DE is known for taking away fun stuff and they've gotten use to their rhino builds so changing rhino at any point in time may cause more mayhem amongst the player-base so I get it My answer to all that is DE has nerf things in the past without explanations to the player-base or have allowed things to go unchecked which cause players to get stuck in the meta or cheese which ever you prefer and the whole community goes up in arms about it.

For one, they do benefit each ability, at least i think they do. And how would I be slowing down his abilities exactly? 

8 hours ago, Insidiatorii said:

I say the same thing about Rhino Charge in my rework here -> 

Ehh I don't think a "running" charge would be good, even though it may be fun to use. 

I'm more talking about keeping Rhino Charge as it is, but you can aim it downwards (not upwards contrary to Zephyr's Tailwind) and trigger blast effects when you hit a surface. 

I kind of like your rework idea, but I disagree with some points that have been discussed by other users :) 

Rhino is fine.  And he doesn't need to use his augments to perform just fine inside relevant content.  80+ enemies are pushing it where specific builds/weapon combinations are going to be required.  And wanting to be able to walk in that kind of content without having to do that just means the enemies would have to become even stronger which we don't need more of.

A better passive would be nice and being able to recast iron skin without the augment would be great.  But those could really only be the things i'd be fine with.

Also "relying on iron skin" is a piss poor argument.  He's a tank frame.  All frames that have the capability of taking punishment rely on some fashion to midigate damage taken.  To think that's a balance problem or a problem of the frame is just hilarious.  Not to mention false.  You need to use his 4 in order to CC so you're not taking buckets of damage constantly.  You need roar to keep your teams damage output up with the enemies that are continuing to scale.  And his charge is cheap CC as is that can be even better for him if using an augment.

I'm not going to even touch on your attitude.  So instead i'll say this.  You have an issue with him relying on iron skin? Don't use it.  you can freely use a stomp focused build on level 50 enemies and below to live just as well.  You can also make a roar focused build which lets you kill things faster so you don't take damage as much.  Or you can use an even build that lets you use all powers effectively but not to their fullest potential.

If you want to use him in content that has 80+ leveled enemies grab his augments.  He doesn't need to be reworked because of your stubborn attitude or fake problems.