Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissure/Endless Mission Types Suggestion

SpoonyBrad

I highly doubt that I'm the first one to offer this idea, but for endless mission types (like Survival), and especially when they occur on void fissures, there really needs to be an option to extract even if the rest of the team doesn't want to. I was recently in a Survival game where, upon using my last relic up, I indicated to my team mates that I would like to extract. Problem: they ignored me (public games are, well, hit or miss). After multiple restatements of this, and sitting on the extraction point, alone, for two more waves (i.e. fighting non-stop so that the infested wouldn't eat me for 10 minutes, alone), I finally hit the "screw this" button and aborted the mission. Result: I got nothing in terms of loot, including the contents of the relics I'd brought along, which were still consumed. (And then I got whispered by one of the players asking why I left)

Not letting individual players extract unless at least one other also goes to the extraction point simply doesn't make sense for a mission type that could potentially be played for hours, and where aborting will cost every reward you've gotten. Either allowing single players to extract, or allowing players to abort and at least keep void relic drops, would go a long way towards fixing this, and this is something where the operative word is very definitely "fix" (the former approach seems a much, much better solution; obviously, it's a hassle if the lone player who chooses to extract is the host, but the game already has systems in place for host migration, so I can't imagine that this would be all that much of a stretch to implement, technically).