Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.3.0 + Hydroid Prime!

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hydroid Revisited

The sea has a revamped fear creeping in the depth, and his name is Hydroid.

With Hydroid Prime emerging to the surface soon, the team took another glance at Hydroids powers and what we could do in order to achieve ability synergy. Hydroid now brings barrages, surges, puddles, and tentacles into a deadly oceanic horror. 

Feedback appreciated here: 

General Hydroid Changes:

• Hydroid’s base Shield and Armor has received a buff! 
    • Shield is now 375 from 345. 
    • Armor is now 200 from 65.

Tempest Barrage:

• Tempest Barrage can be cast while in Undertow and will now hit enemies submerged in Undertow.
  • Tempest Barrage can now be charged for longer Duration (more explosions) and more Damage for more Energy.

Tidal Surge:

• Tidal Surge can be used to move around without cancelling Undertow (note that Tidal Surge speed - and hence distance - is halved when used in Undertow).
  • Tidal Surge will now pull enemies along for the ride.
  • Tidal Surge can be interrupted at any point by casting Undertow to go into your puddle, sinking enemies being pulled along.

Undertow:

• Hydroid can pull enemies into Undertow by aiming and clicking on them.
  • Undertow can be cast while in air.
  • Jump and roll will break Hydroid out of Undertow.
  • Hydroid can now move while in Undertow at the expense of Energy.
  • Submerged enemies in Undertow receive Damage Per Second, increasing every second they are submerged.
  • Enemies that die will be released from Undertow instead of dragging their dead bodies along for the ride.

Tentacle Swarm:

• Hold onto your ships, Tentacle Swarm has received a new look straight from the depths of the sea! Can you summon the Kraken?
  • Tentacle Swarm can be charged to get more tentacles over a larger area for more Energy.
  • Hydroid tentacles will now seek out nearby enemies and attempt to slam on top of them rather than just always flailing randomly and hoping they hit something.
  • Tentacle Swarm will protrude from Hydroid’s Undertow if active when cast. 

Looks like Hydroid Revisited sneakingly surged his way into this Update!

Enjoy his revisited abilities :community:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)bourbonblackout said:

Update froze midway through. Upon reload, it hangs at Checking For Updates. Looking at twitter, I'm not the only one this happened to. Any ideas?

Edited to add: quit/relaunch and reboot didn't help. Verified internet service is fine, verified xbox connectivity is fine, warframe is not. 

I hate to say it, but my best next guess would be reinstall the game to hope it works out fine. 

Hey DE Megan, i wanted to voice opinion on the rework... Honestly you guys had a good idea but didn't execute correctly at all. I feel you took advice from tenno that doesn't like Hydriod in the first place and wanted complete change. All he needed was a stat buff 

I understand you was trying to make puddle relevant, and what you did is awesome, but in the same time you destroyed his 1+4. Theres no longer any floerty in his abilities as faar as casting them. How can i synergize if theres a big delay in initial casting? Compared to before it takes way longer, at least 2-3 secs added. Its too clunky. Besides that you guy say charging it adds range and dmg but a real Hydroid player know that is false... You guys nerfed power and range to force us to charge ability to get back to original range... And even charged , range is still lower than before. enemies within 10m behind me don't get affected.. its tooooo precise..

ty for reading i have more to say but i gtg... Hydroid is still my most used frame , please make him great again