Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.3.0 + Hydroid Prime!

[DE]Danielle

Not trying to complain, just some questions...

Why was the damage increase given to Undertow and not Tentacle Swarm? I may be wrong, but I don't think players are looking to remain in puddle to kill enemies - at least I am not. I want them to die by my tentacles so I can pilfer them (with augment).

If the tentacles are moving slower, does this lower their DPS? I thought it was the slaming the enemies around that generates the damage. Or is it purely visual? Also, does this slow the tentacles' ability to pick up additional enemies if they are moving slower and do not react fast enough? Or is this where extra tentacles + range of cast come into play?

On 8/17/2017 at 3:37 PM, (PS4)redmanuelsXe said:

Nice, Downgrade is gone. Thank You DE :inlove:
Now we have another issue (I guess)
Here the video. When i cast tempest barrage, works very well, but when i cast the same ability and then jump into puddle, it stops working.
Is this intentional?

Not only is barrage cancelled when activating undertow but if you cast barrage while in undertow only the first second produces any missles. After that the timer stops as though the skill is paused but there is no visual effect and no damage (using corrosive barrage augment) even after cancelling undertow. Timer remains stuck where ever it was when enemy entered the pool

Edit: This is only occurring for me when enemies are in the puddle with or without the augment. 

On 8/17/2017 at 7:01 PM, (PS4)azul86sapphire said:

Not trying to complain, just some questions...

Why was the damage increase given to Undertow and not Tentacle Swarm? I may be wrong, but I don't think players are looking to remain in puddle to kill enemies - at least I am not. I want them to die by my tentacles so I can pilfer them (with augment).

If the tentacles are moving slower, does this lower their DPS? I thought it was the slaming the enemies around that generates the damage. Or is it purely visual? Also, does this slow the tentacles' ability to pick up additional enemies if they are moving slower and do not react fast enough? Or is this where extra tentacles + range of cast come into play?

As long as enemies are in the tentacle effect of Tentacle Swarm, Pilfering Swarm's increased drop chance is in effect regardless of whether the ability makes a kill or not.

I realize I worded my concern poorly. I am aware that enemies don't have to be killed by the tentacles to get the extra loot drop, merely attached to it. But my point is still the same. Why buff the damage to Undertow and not Tentacle Swarm?

By buffing Undertow damage, it encourages puddle-camping. Just sitting there pulling enemies in, with none of the enemies offering additional loot when killed. It supports the AFK concern, instead of discouraging it. You cannot cast Tentacle Swarm, then Undertow damage-buff-kill enemies to get the loot. Even adding a damage buff to Tempest Barrage would be better, because then you could Tentacle Swarm + Tempest Barrage for damage and kills.

Don't get me wrong. I like pulling enemies into my Undertow so I can collect them for my other abilities.  But it feels silly to me that killing them is quicker if I just sit in the puddle instead of using my other abilities/weapons.

3 hours ago, (PS4)lord_salith said:

so I had to log completely out of my PSN and back in only to find that the mag size is still at 80, Hydroid's fix seems have worked though.

Hey! Checking into the missing changes to Tenora! Thanks for reporting :)

Tenora is one of my favorite guns in the game, pretty fun to play around with, I think you research it in the tenno labs.

May not be amazing, or best at end game, not exactly sure as I don't play the game seeking only the best of the best of the best. It is however fun to use, has good crit when modded, with the new mag size it's even more of a joy to use :-D

Also I dropped alot of forma into it to make it work so theres that lol.Testing out some builds :-)DIlHtqnV4AAYFEY.jpg

Archived