Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Understanding Loki.

Kvzakau

Not sure why people called him op. After those nerfs, his decoy barely pulls aggro (Mine is rank 3, and yes my Loki is fully modded...) I just don't see what his straights are, i only seem to see his weaknesses. Does  anyone else not understand Loki, hes like a weaker/squishier version of Ashe imo.

Not sure why people called him op. After those nerfs, his decoy barely pulls aggro (Mine is rank 3, and yes my Loki is fully modded...) I just don't see what his straights are, i only seem to see his weaknesses. Does  anyone else not understand Loki, hes like a weaker/squishier version of Ashe imo.

Only times I heard loki being OP is when someone makes a satirical joke about it. Never heard anyone seriously say hes OP.

Flexible and reliable with a smart user who can make quick decisions but not OP.

I mean hes actually pretty squishy if not used properly.

Edited by Palkora

His decoy+switch teleport lets you maneuver any where around the map(with a floor where the decoy can stand), His invis lasts longer and scales better crit damage than ash's smokescreen, His radial disarm is amazing for end game purposes(corpus/grineer). When you have multiple heavies or MOA's and then suddenly you disarm them, it makes it so much easier. He's also the fastest frame.(Rush mod ftw). Oh and 450 energy(2nd highest in the game next to ember phoenix helmet at 487)

But other than that, he's squishy as hell, decoy isn't as amazing for the aggro anymore, and radial disarm isn't amazing against infested.

So loki is great for melee users who like to invis and just slash everything or snipers who like to teleport themselves to high places using decoy+switch tp and helping their team from far away.

Hope this helps.

When I was farming for Nova parts, I HAD to have a Loki so that we could switch teleport the Raptor inside a building. This made it so that the loot didn't go flying off somewhere when it died.

How about they just get rid out Switch teleport, wait i mean "Troll teleport" and replace it with something useful????????????

Because it is useful. I use it to help my teammates reach areas faster. If they're downed, I can switch tp them somewhere safe and run back and help them.

There's also endless combos you can do. Like going invis, finding a good spot within the enemies and then teleporting a nyx, mag, ember, into a large group of enemies and letting them use their ultimate.

Loki, like a lot of frames, require some good teamwork and skill to really bring out his potential. Just because none of his moves do any damage doesn't make him a bad frame, but neither does it make him OP.

His decoy+switch teleport lets you maneuver any where around the map(with a floor where the decoy can stand), His invis lasts longer and scales better crit damage than ash's smokescreen, His radial disarm is amazing for end game purposes(corpus/grineer). When you have multiple heavies or MOA's and then suddenly you disarm them, it makes it so much easier. He's also the fastest frame.(Rush mod ftw). Oh and 450 energy(2nd highest in the game next to ember phoenix helmet at 487)

But other than that, he's squishy as hell, decoy isn't as amazing for the aggro anymore, and radial disarm isn't amazing against infested.

So loki is great for melee users who like to invis and just slash everything or snipers who like to teleport themselves to high places using decoy+switch tp and helping their team from far away.

Hope this helps.

1. The Invis damage is NOT crit damage.

2. Loki's Invis damage and Ash's are the same.

but otherwise yea. End game / higher level enemies and radial disarm is useful, however unlike other ultimates, it doesn't kill and the radius is much smaller than most.

but otherwise yea. End game / higher level enemies and radial disarm is useful, however unlike other ultimates, it doesn't kill and the radius is much smaller than most.

I'm quite positive that Loki's melee damage while invis is greater than Ash's by a good amount. 100% for normal melee attacks on Loki and 50% for ash. Charge is 200/100 Loki to Ash. The reason why I would say that Ash doesn't do that kind of damage is because all of his abilities except teleport are damaging, as well as the fact that smokescreen cloaks sentinels.

I love Loki, but I don't play it much -- merely because I'm spending time leveling other frames in the meantime, and I never seem to get anyone interested in actual co-op. It's like everyone thinks it's a death match or something. Annoying. Oh well. C'est la vie

Edited by Lividia

1. The Invis damage is NOT crit damage.

You're right, it's technically not criticals, but they show up yellow and so a lot of people call it that. Sorry if I offended you.

Invis does however = melee damage amp

Ash - Melee attacks hit for 50% extra damage while invisible (yellow numbers) and charge attacks for 100% extra damage. These attacks can critically hit (red numbers). However, Organ Shatter does not affect yellow hits, only red critical hits.

Loki - While invisible your melee attacks deal 150% damage with normal attacks and 200% damage with charged attacks (yellow numbers). Critical strikes also receive this bonus (red numbers). Take note that this ability doesn't make you deal constant critical strikes, just boosts your damage.

(taken off the wiki)

Sorry, but Loki's does more damage than Ash's.

You're right, it's technically not criticals, but they show up yellow and so a lot of people call it that. Sorry if I offended you.

Invis does however = melee damage amp

Ash - Melee attacks hit for 50% extra damage while invisible (yellow numbers) and charge attacks for 100% extra damage. These attacks can critically hit (red numbers). However, Organ Shatter does not affect yellow hits, only red critical hits.

Loki - While invisible your melee attacks deal 150% damage with normal attacks and 200% damage with charged attacks (yellow numbers). Critical strikes also receive this bonus (red numbers). Take note that this ability doesn't make you deal constant critical strikes, just boosts your damage.

(taken off the wiki)

Sorry, but Loki's does more damage than Ash's.

What you just quoted from the wiki says you're wrong.  Notice the "50% extra damage" and "100% extra damage", while the loki part is just 150% and 200%, not extra damage.

Edit: I forgot the time on here is in a different time zone than I am.  I thought this post was 10 minutes ago, not an hour and 10 minutes ago.

Edited by Damah

Loki is far from OP; instead it might be one of the most well designed warframe we have at the moment.

Because all its abilities scale really well with enemies' levels.

That very first mission with Loki(no mod point for ability) is really painful though. I think since the aura system is introduced, the game might as well give players a aura that is suitable for their starting frame so they get to at least try out one ability or two in the first mission, especially how you're introduced to using ability in the tutorial.

Sorry Clessiah, but I have to disagree with you: Only 2 of his skill scales with enemies level:
1. Invis because-duh, it's invis! It doesn't directly does dam, it just buff your weapon base dam!
2. Switch teleport, because it's an utility ability and it depends on the user skill. (Which mean a dumb player/troll can ruin your day to Neverland if he so-so wished)
Decoy? Enemies tend to destroy my decoy in about...eh, 2 sec? Not to mention that now enemies don't focus on my decoy as much as before.
Radical Disarm? Yes, it was pretty much balanced before update 9...but then, Grinner engineers and level spike show up and ruin our days.