Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screw Lunaro. [FanFiction based on real events]

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Goal, Moon!

Teshin's repetitive chant echoes through the Steel Meridian stadium as the Harrow gets yet another Lunaro into the goal. I had given up at this point. There was no use in trying to win back an unbalanced game. The score is 2 to 20, Moon, and there is three minutes left in the second half. My team and I are screwed by this point. The Harrow had been playing this game very unjustly, and would have won without the use of his teammates, who had also given up on doing anything useful. Harrow was a one-man team, after all.

With Harrow out of the Sun zone, the Lunaro is launched out of the hole in the middle. Before it could even reach its apex, Harrow springs into the Zone and dashes into the Lunaro, destabilizing it and propelling it into the goal, before exiting the zone once again. One point for goal, the other for an unstable Lunaro. 2 - 22.

Moon scores.

No communication, no coordination, no participation on either group's side. "An ancient team sport of the Orokin era" my ass.

The Lunaro pops out of the hole again. This time I grab it with my Arcata's vacuum, and try to find a teammate competent enough to throw it to. I see the Rhino on my right and throw it to him. He catches it, and is immediately pummeled by the Harrow. In an attempt to at least get the Lunaro out of his hands, I dash towards Harrow. I miss. He slides and curves the Lunaro into the zone, dashing into it when it was airborne and getting himself another unstable goal. 2 - 24.

Moon with the goal.

I could leave, but I have Weeklies and Dailies to fill in, the only reason I decided to come here in the first place. For those sweet, sweet weapon skins. Teshin had said that those who brave the thorn may eat the rare fruit, but I think Teshin was sugarcoating it at the time. He never mentioned a freaking priest whose only hobby includes exploiting a perfectly good game of Space Soccer.

One minute remains.

The Lunaro makes its way out of the hole. Harrow is ready to dash it into the goal. I catch the ball, jump and throw it into the midfield. Harrow, who was probably on speed or something, uses every maneuver possible to him in order to catch up with it. He was going faster than the Lunaro somehow and when he was at the apex of the Lunaro, the Harrow jumps elegantly into the air and catches it.

Thirty seconds remain.

I stand still, waiting for the inevitable to happen. With the Lunaro in hand, Harrow glides to the ground and slides just outside the edge of the zone, curving the Lunaro into the goal without hesitation. A truly beautiful display of skill. A truly horrible waste of my time.

With less than ten seconds remaining, the Harrow stares in my direction and peforms the Glissade Narta. How freaking adorable.

Moon's surging tide swallows Sun.

Screw Lunaro.

It's such a shame. Lunaro IS a fun game mode. but anytime PVP is attached to anything, the try-hards come out of the woodwork to train like their life depended on it and find all the broken mechanics that were never really intended so they can fill the dark void in their soul by diarrheaing all over everyone they come in contact with. Enemies and Teammates alike.

3 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

It's such a shame. Lunaro IS a fun game mode. but anytime PVP is attached to anything, the try-hards come out of the woodwork to train like their life depended on it and find all the broken mechanics that were never really intended so they can fill the dark void in their soul by diarrheaing all over everyone they come in contact with. Enemies and Teammates alike.

tumblr_n73ovzMOkq1smcbm7o1_250.gif

4 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

Eh Nova is still Good, Nidus is based? But probably the root of TennoScythe Technology.

PvP, if DE want to, but it not far too behind, Lunaro seem fun, but I do feel it kind of is a Orokin basic Sport, not much going.

I mean, Lunaro is fun for what it is, but I don't know what Nova and Nidus have to do with it.

Wait a second... you made the salt thread that got locked in feedback right? (no offence meant) Wanted to comment there but couldn't, so I guess here will do.

Lunaro is fine, it actually IS a teamsport, even at higher levels of play. Not even the fastest players can be in 2 places at once after all. The ball can be grabbed on spawn way before the enemy can get there, unless they're exploiting or you have a lot of lag, though zone-rushing is frowned upon by most good players.

There are a few exploits I feel the need to mention: instant unstables (either with a "super check" or using lag), not only are they instant from simply standing, they move far faster and have wonky hit detection and exploit zone-rushing (moving in before anyone else can, via means I will not disclose). Dunking is also somewhat unfair IF there is a goalie, because it completely ignores them.

Ignoring these minor flaws that most (but sadly not all) good players avoid using, lunaro is very balanced. Being unable to bullet jump with the ball forces dribbling, providing opportunities to steal the ball easily, unstables always require some kind of setup to be shot, which can be recognised for early warning to block it, or interrupted immediately, longer range shots provide loads more time to defend against, and ball respawn is fine as is. The only bad mechanic is ball-guard, since it can be used in a certain way with dribbling to prevent staggers too, making some quick breaks into shots unstoppable.

TL:DR: Lunaro is really balanced, but requires a few fixes here and there, and the removal of ball-guard. If you take a bit of time to learn proper movement (useful in PvE too) and just keep playing, then teamwork will really start to shine. Oh, the OP was nicely written too, gj on that, would read more if given.

Edited by --Q--DragonSkllzz

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 5:05 PM, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

Wait a second... you made the salt thread that got locked in feedback right? (no offence meant) Wanted to comment there but couldn't, so I guess here will do.

Lunaro is fine, it actually IS a teamsport, even at higher levels of play. Not even the fastest players can be in 2 places at once after all. The ball can be grabbed on spawn way before the enemy can get there, unless they're exploiting or you have a lot of lag, though zone-rushing is frowned upon by most good players.

There are a few exploits I feel the need to mention: instant unstables (either with a "super check" or using lag), not only are they instant from simply standing, they move far faster and have wonky hit detection and exploit zone-rushing (moving in before anyone else can, via means I will not disclose). Dunking is also somewhat unfair IF there is a goalie, because it completely ignores them.

Ignoring these minor flaws that most (but sadly not all) good players avoid using, lunaro is very balanced. Being unable to bullet jump with the ball forces dribbling, providing opportunities to steal the ball easily, unstables always require some kind of setup to be shot, which can be recognised for early warning to block it, or interrupted immediately, longer range shots provide loads more time to defend against, and ball respawn is fine as is. The only bad mechanic is ball-guard, since it can be used in a certain way with dribbling to prevent staggers too, making some quick breaks into shots unstoppable.

TL:DR: Lunaro is really balanced, but requires a few fixes here and there, and the removal of ball-guard. If you take a bit of time to learn proper movement (useful in PvE too) and just keep playing, then teamwork will really start to shine. Oh, the OP was nicely written too, gj on that, would read more if given.

Thanks. No offense taken, even I will admit that I just went a little too far into the salt banks with that post.

I have managed to "git gud" by a moderate amount, but there and again I'll get the one guy who can carry the team all by himself.