Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva as a Sortie Reward

ZenDash

The reward could be 5k-10k mby, something to spice up the common drops besides your regular pineapple statue with 4k endo

lemme know whether you think this should be a thing, or am I a complete moron for thinking this because this might potentially kill kuva siphon missions or w/e

3 minutes ago, Mizque said:

That'd be alot of Kuva for a 'daily' potential reward, considering the Kuva syphon missions, I'd personally much rather see oxium in those amounts as a sorty reward instead of kuva, but that's just me.

well after like 10 rolls or so on a Riven, it gets expensive, like 3,5k kuva a roll and i've seen quite a bunch of people taking it as far as 100 rolls already

and it doesn't exactly have to be a common drop somewhere in the middle for eg. idk it's really up to DE if they actually take this idea for granted

Edited by ZenDash

16 minutes ago, Mizque said:

That'd be alot of Kuva for a 'daily' potential reward, considering the Kuva syphon missions, I'd personally much rather see oxium in those amounts as a sorty reward instead of kuva, but that's just me.

Yeah, that's just you. Most of us "end game" players don't really need those normal resources. Just kuva, really. Maybe mutagen for those who haven't grinded for the hema yet, but that's not really worth changing sortie rewards for. 

Although I agree that amount is kinda high. 

4 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Yeah, that's just you. Most of us "end game" players don't really need those normal resources. Just kuva, really. Maybe mutagen for those who haven't grinded for the hema yet, but that's not really worth changing sortie rewards for. 

Although I agree that amount is kinda high. 

Vauban P would have a word with you lol

5-10k is nothing when you reach the 3.5k cap, should be way higher for a 1 time per day reward otherwise it would be even worse then endo. But yeah, would be nice to get 20k+ kuva instead of 4k endo, would actually be something to look forward to. And it should switch the drop rate with the sculpture.

It feels like yet another thing that's more about taking a hard line than listening to the community. Endo is a sortie reward, but there are plenty of players who still do that Ayatan weekly. On top of that, people are only ready to turn away from Kuva Siphons because they aren't enjoyable in the least. Make the mechanics fun as well as adding Kuva to the actual fortress and people wouldn't have issue with it.

(EXTRA) Random SUPER Common: A-NASA Sculpture (replace 4,000 Edo), Random SUPER Uncommon:  Forma BP

Common:

Built Forma 5%

Melee Riven 1%

Uncommon:

Lense 10%

Potatos 5%

Booster 15%

Rare:

14,999 Kuva    .01 x 10-9%

Legendary Core   .01x10-99%

----------------------------------------------

Nerf Anyo: "Make the Void be raining you SALTS, Tennos".

Edited by DesFrSpace
12,500 was too low for Rare.

2 hours ago, Mizque said:

Dude, no.  Soon enough you will have oxium running out of your Easter bunny ears.  I have 70k right now and I haven't farmed in two years.

Kuva, on the other hand, is a resource that is always in need.

Thinking about it even more, something like 5k kuva would be nice.

Edited by Troll_Logic

49 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

(EXTRA) Random SUPER Common: A-NASA Sculpture (replace 4,000 Edo), Random SUPER Uncommon:  Forma BP

Common:

Built Forma 5%

Melee Riven 1%

Uncommon:

Lense 10%

Potatos 5%

Booster 15%

Rare:

14,999 Kuva    .01 x 10-9%

Legendary Core   .01x10-99%

----------------------------------------------

Nerf Anyo: "Make the Void be raining you SALTS, Tennos".

No.  That's ridiculous.  If you're going to put kuva as a reward, then have it as a reward.  Putting it up there with a legendary core means it isn't being added.

5k, as a common reward, would be nice.  That about 1 & a half rolls.

2 hours ago, Mizque said:

Even so, it'd devalue the daily Kuva missions, and also further water down the loot tables....speaking of...DE y u no let us choose the type of booster we get if we roll that XD

Adding something of value doesn't "devalue" the loot tables.  Anything that lowers the chances of a normal lens is a benefit. 

14 hours ago, Mizque said:

Even so, it'd devalue the daily Kuva missions, and also further water down the loot tables....speaking of...DE y u no let us choose the type of booster we get if we roll that XD

haHAA, you clearly don't farm kuva to say something like this. 10k kuva is a pittance, not even 3 rerolls. You need millions of kuva to roll perfect stats.

16 hours ago, Mizque said:

Why have kuva missions when it'd be added as a sortie reward

Honestly I think it's reasonable. Chances are you aren't going to be getting that 5-10k Kuva every day, and the regular Siphon/Flood missions still serve as a consistent source of Kuva so players will still be doing them.

2 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

haHAA, you clearly don't farm kuva to say something like this. 10k kuva is a pittance, not even 3 rerolls. You need millions of kuva to roll perfect stats.

first reroll: 900 kuva

second reroll: 1000 kuva

third reroll: 1100 kuva

Total Kuva spent on 3 rerolls: 3000.

For Everything else, there's master card, and a math book.

17 hours ago, ZenDash said:

The reward could be 5k-10k mby, something to spice up the common drops besides your regular pineapple statue with 4k endo

lemme know whether you think this should be a thing, or am I a complete moron for thinking this because this might potentially kill kuva siphon missions or w/e

If it's less than 10K I see it as a punishment because I can get more than that in less time it takes to do a sortie. That's why Endo is such a bad reward, you can often get as much or more in less time. Except when you're doing the sortie you're not doing it because you need endo, you go get endo when you need endo.

8 hours ago, Mizque said:

first reroll: 900 kuva

second reroll: 1000 kuva

third reroll: 1100 kuva

I think you fully knew they meant rerolls at the capped amount. Which is mostly important because it's going to be very common to HAVE to reroll it more than 10 times to even get something usable. Sure, sometimes you'll get lucky and get something wonderful in less! But if you really care about the mod/weapon chances are you're going to have to roll it plenty of times past the capped value, so that's the expenditure per roll that people will be most concerned about.

A chance of getting some each day from sorties, even if it's a 5-10k chunk, is still not going to be enough to make kuva siphons lose value them to people who are actually invested into the whole riven thing. Because they're always going to need more and you can get quite a lot in a day if you're willing to plant your face into the tedium.

Edited by OvisCaedo