Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva as a Sortie Reward

ZenDash

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I think you fully knew they meant rerolls at the capped amount. Which is mostly important because it's going to be very common to HAVE to reroll it more than 10 times to even get something usable. Sure, sometimes you'll get lucky and get something wonderful in less! But if you really care about the mod/weapon chances are you're going to have to roll it plenty of times past the capped value, so that's the expenditure per roll that people will be most concerned about.

A chance of getting some each day from sorties, even if it's a 5-10k chunk, is still not going to be enough to make kuva siphons lose value them to people who are actually invested into the whole riven thing. Because they're always going to need more and you can get quite a lot in a day if you're willing to plant your face into the tedium.

Honestly I've gotten so few rivens as sortie rewards it's laughable, but one I got I instantly melted for endo (friggin Deth Machine Rifle mod ffs) and the other, for the Tib didn't need a reroll, has a massive damage boost, substantial additional boost vs corpus, and then a large zoom boost, right from the start, each time I've tried to reroll it for better it actually gets worse, so no, not exactly sure what you mean by needing to spam reroll for good rivens.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Because it would be a chance to get It? Why have weekly ayatan missions when you can get them as a sortie reward or find them randomly in missions?

The problem with that is (the argument about the statues) is multi fold.

1. Statues are decorations you can place in your orbiter
  2. Statues can occasionally be found on missions (particularly if you use Thief's Wit)
  3. Statues process into endo which is a resource that you NEED for ALL MOD UPGRADES in VERY large quantities

Kuva however only has two uses

1. Re-rolling Rivens (which are a gamble, and while useful are not a guarantee for anything)
  2. Crafting a handful of recipes

The big problem of why some people are suffering from 'Kuva Deficiency' issues is that, instead of taking rivens as the gamble they are and that for the most used weapons in the game they'll be complete and utter bullocks, they instead decide 'Oh well I should keep re-rolling it till I get better' instead of scrapping that riven and then waiting till they get another.

If some one can unveil a Riven for Sentinel weapons under properly usable weapon groups and that's considered 'okay' and 'part of the risk' so to is that re-rolling isn't a guarantee to get good stats for a Riven.  If people want to waste dozens of re-rolls trying to get an upgrade, that's on them, but that doesn't mean that the resource consumed to get the re-roll should be made easier to get as that's like saying, in Las Vegas, should you be on a loosing street at the slots, or the roulette tables, that your employer should suddenly pay you more money, which is the resource used to play more slots/roulette, aka, to gamble.

28 minutes ago, Mizque said:

The problem with that is (the argument about the statues) is multi fold.

1. Statues are decorations you can place in your orbiter
  2. Statues can occasionally be found on missions (particularly if you use Thief's Wit)
  3. Statues process into endo which is a resource that you NEED for ALL MOD UPGRADES in VERY large quantities

Kuva however only has two uses

1. Re-rolling Rivens (which are a gamble, and while useful are not a guarantee for anything)
  2. Crafting a handful of recipes

The big problem of why some people are suffering from 'Kuva Deficiency' issues is that, instead of taking rivens as the gamble they are and that for the most used weapons in the game they'll be complete and utter bullocks, they instead decide 'Oh well I should keep re-rolling it till I get better' instead of scrapping that riven and then waiting till they get another.

If some one can unveil a Riven for Sentinel weapons under properly usable weapon groups and that's considered 'okay' and 'part of the risk' so to is that re-rolling isn't a guarantee to get good stats for a Riven.  If people want to waste dozens of re-rolls trying to get an upgrade, that's on them, but that doesn't mean that the resource consumed to get the re-roll should be made easier to get as that's like saying, in Las Vegas, should you be on a loosing street at the slots, or the roulette tables, that your employer should suddenly pay you more money, which is the resource used to play more slots/roulette, aka, to gamble.

Ata certain point endo becomes useless. I have about 50k endo just sitting around doing nothing besides being used to level rivens. You must not be a long time player if endo is still a concern more than kuva.

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Ata certain point endo becomes useless. I have about 50k endo just sitting around doing nothing besides being used to level rivens. You must not be a long time player if endo is still a concern more than kuva.

I've likely been playing longer than you have, I still remember when stamina bars where a thing, when wall running was actually wall running and not this weird, clunky hop it is now, and when loki, volt, and excal were the starting trio.  Hell I remember when you could buy a 'founders pack' and get Excal Prime (which was the only way to get him).  So no, your wrong, I've been playing a long time.  The thing is, primed mods will always be added, as will no mods/augments as time goes on.  Rivens are just a gamble, and your only addressing the 'endo' bit, not even mentioning the fact that statues are also decorations, nor the other bits of my points, that's some high quality cherry picking right there!

Heck, I also remember when sorties were the only way to get parts for Nezha, that was a fun time

Edited by Mizque

That's not actually contributing anything of any value to the discussion, infact it's just a, pitiful, attempt at trolling.  I was not, and am not, 'mad' as you so put it, I was pointing out the flaw in your 'logic' of assuming that some one who still goes though large amounts of endo was a new player.  Also: have fun with the report, and hopefully this thread doesn't get locked as a result of your actions, have a nice day :)

This, like so very many QoL fixes in this game, for some reason draws detractors who want methods for obtaining certain resources/fixes to be passed by in favor of more of the same. Farming Kuva isn't fun, and getting endo, and statues, and lenses from schools that aren't worth leveling isn't either. Adding another method of Kuva obtainment as well as diluting the chances for endo and other less valuable rewards would incentivize doing Sorties more and would take away from the monotony of siphon farming. At least there's a choice of mission types to do things like farming Argon crystals and such, and at least for things like cryotic the scenery and factions get mixed up doing it, on top of not having a buggy mechanic that can get thrown off by the atmosphere of the location. Kuva is a pain, so what is the harm in making it less painful to obtain, and still be based on RNG at that?