Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro lessons / short clips (Advanced)

Funki0

Question

Before you start inspecting these lessons, make sure to check out the easier lessons first. They are not just easier, but also necessary for everything you will see in these lessons.

Otherwise if you just want to look at this, go ahead and enjoy.

Good day everyone. I have decided to expand my lessons from the Fundamentals and the Basics to the Advanced actions and moves.

The following lessons are all based on my Fundamentals and Basics, which means they are essential to complete these lessons.

First of all, thank you for all the support I got and special thanks to @sd92 for helping for some of these lessons. Credit belongs where credit is due.

Before you attempt any of these actions, please make sure to be confident doing the easier ones, if not mastering them before you start with the more advanced ones. I highly recommend to read carefully to undestand how everything works, so you are able to practice and use what I will show you.

So these are the advanced lessons. Here you will find the more difficult actions.
A lot of these are set up as "packs", which you need to look for. I will put similar or identical actions in one pack, since it is most likely either just the same kind of action from a different perspective or just another variation of the whole action.

• Please remember what I said on my first lessons and try to follow what I am trying to tell you.
  • Still will contain chains. Chains are pretty much basic actions, which you chain together to create a large variation of moves you use in matches. This can range from chain dribbling, up to chain dribbling with wall jumps and unstables.
  • For a lot of these lessons, you will need to know the physics of the ball. If you haven't already learned how the ball behaves, I highly suggest you to do so. If not, you may not be able to perform certain actions in these lessons.

Unstable deflect:

Spoiler

(Your perspective)

Spoiler

-Unstable deflect

1. Aim for the ball
  2. Unstable it away from your goal

(From outside)

Spoiler

(Just the perspective from outside)

• You need the Unstable deflect to play against people who are using unstables themselves. Otherwise the unstable will always go through you, scoring points for your opponent.

Chains:

Spoiler

(Chain dribble)

Spoiler

-Chain dribble

1. (default) Space>W>LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap)
  2. (default) LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap)
  3. Repeat step 2 (indefinitely)

(Chain dribble into unstable)

Spoiler

-Chain dribble into unstable

1. (default) Space>W>LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap)
  2. (default) LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap)
  3. Repeat step 2 (indefinitely)
  4. (default) LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap)>E (Or just E if you want)

(Chain dribble(optimized))

Spoiler
  • This is just a demonstration of the chain dribbling after optimizing it. It is merely a demonstration to show you that you can aim towards dribbling faster than the chain dribble I showed you.
  • The standart chain dribble is slow to show you how exactly it is done.
  • This can get even slower if you practice and optimize it enough.

• Chains are used to transport the ball, unstable or or doing other things with it.
  • You can perform unstables, passes, wall jumps, backwards throws and more with it.

Unstables:

Spoiler

(3pt Unstable)

Spoiler

-Unstable (3pt)
(default) (long range) Space>LMB>W+ctrl+Space>(Space)>(RMB)>E (basically just an unstable from long range)

(Unstable (slap))

Spoiler

-Unstable (slap)
(default) Space>LMB>W+ctrl+Space>(Space)>(RMB)>LMB (An unstable, but with a slap instead of a check)

Rebound:

Spoiler

Variation 1 (normal)

Spoiler

-Rebound (normal)

1. Predict the ball's movement
  2. Pick it up
  3. Properly throw it into the goal

Variation 2 (unstable)

Spoiler

-Rebound (unstable)

1. Predict the ball's movement
  2. Unstable it into the goal

• A good rebound helps you recovering a missed throw or helps outplaying your opponents.

These are the advanced lessons I have prepared for you (for now). I hope it was helpful.

As always, I appreciate any kind of feedback and I am always open for questions if there are any.

Good luck practicing and have fun playing.

2 answers to this question

Hmm, any tips on how to counter the chain dribble in particular? That has been a pain in the neck to me. I can't seem to get close enough to check or by the time I do, I'm already trying to desperately keep my goal from being violated. 

Edited by Lakais

3 hours ago, Lakais said:

Hmm, any tips on how to counter the chain dribble in particular? That has been a pain in the neck to me. I can't seem to get close enough to check or by the time I do, I'm already trying to desperately keep my goal from being violated. 

Thanks for the feedback/suggestion.
I can try to put in some kind of information into my original post, but that should be about everything (for now). How you can counter cribble chains depends on the player dribbling and a good way to deal with it is having patience, experience with it and timing. I myself are not all that great on the defense, but focussed on offense/utility, which makes me not use those hard defensive tactics, but I rather just intercept their throws or deflect their unstables before they get near my goal.
That is basically one of many ways of how to deal with dribbling. You should be able to see when your opponent will be going for points.
Good luck, I hope this was helpful.