Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Support: Common Issues

[DE]Xander

I've been seeing a lot of worried players creating Support Tickets, not completely sure of what issues can be handled by our support staff. So, I'm creating this topic to give a (maybe not so) brief rundown of common problems that can be solved for you if you contact Support. Hopefully this will encourage more players to contact Support. At the risk of sounding dramatic, please don't suffer in silence.

This thread in particular focuses on inventory issues, but please don't hesitate to contact Support when you're experiencing problems; that's why we're here!

I've seen a few players worried that we perform a rollback on your account to solve your issues. We do not cause your account to lose any progress; we simply modify its current state to correct your problem (eg, we won't rollback your account to fix a sold item, we simply place it back into your inventory)

"I accidentally purchased the same item twice."
First things first, please choose which one you'd like to keep and start using it! Support tries to have as little impact on your playtime as possible; we're able to see which of the items you aren't using it and remove it from your inventory (even while you're logged in). Platinum refunds can usually be processed, as long as you submit the ticket including the name of the item within 24 hours of your purchase.

"I bought the wrong item."
A variation of the above problem, but the same applies. We're able to remove the item and refund your platinum fully. Please don't abuse this: we're able to track XP on items, and cannot perform refunds on "used/ranked up" items.

"I sold an item by mistake, is there any way I can have it back?"
Absolutely. Any item you've sold within the last 7 days (please contact us as soon as possible, preferably within 24-48 hours) can be restored back to it's original state. Please provide us with the name of the item you have sold as well as when you have sold it. One issue is that the reversal process will fail if there's not enough inventory space currently available; we'll let you know if you need to make room in your inventory. 

"I started building something in the Foundry that I didn't mean to."
If the item is finished, please don't claim it, and we will refund the full construction costs. We do not refund foundry items once they are claimed by the player.

"I built a skin, but I can't find it."
You can equip skins by customizing their respective item, such as a Warframe to switch your helmet. If you have trouble though, contact Support and we can verify you have the item, as well as help you get it equipped.

"My mod is missing" & "I dissolved a mod by accident!"

If you have accidentally dissolved a Mod you intended to keep, you must immediately contact us and we will assist you in reversing the process. Please include the name and level of the mod you lost as well as the time when you dissolved the mod.
Note: If you spend the Endo received from the mod in question it will be impossible to restore your dissolved mod.

"I accidentally put the wrong polarity on a weapon or Warframe!"

If you accidentally Forma'd a weapon or Warframe with a polarity you did not intend to apply, please file a support ticket immediately and refrain from using the item in question until we get back to you. While a Forma is non-removable once applied, we can modify one slots polarity as as a courtesy if reported immediately. Please make sure to include in the ticket all relevant details.

"I didn't receive any rewards from the event!."

Support issues for events are unfortunately time-sensitive. We can only investigate tickets created within 1 week of the event ending.
There's one last issue I want to cover here. It can be common since our game is still in Beta, but unfortunately it's one we can't offer much support for.

"My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."
This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

TL;DR: Contact Support! We can help you with a variety of problems you're having.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions about support, or if you're unsure support can help you. However, if your account needs to be modified to correct your issue, you'll still need to officially contact us and create a Support Ticket.

Edited by [DE]Sandra
updated
  • Like 16

Just a random question, but mastery tests seemed to be missing here and there. We arent going to get banned if we advance a level of mastery without taking the test are we? ;-;

Also, you have the best profile picture ever. do want.

Edited by Dtexas

Just a random question, but mastery tests seemed to be missing here and there. We arent going to get banned if we advance a level of mastery without taking the test are we? ;-;

Also, you have the best profile picture ever. do want.

There's some disinformation floating around about what will get you banned. Modifying your account or the Warframe Client with external tools will result in a ban. Bugs within the game will not flag your account to be banned, and if they somehow do, our support staff will manually investigate the issue on your behalf.

Thank you so much for making this.

I submitted a ticket for "I bought the wrong item."

But I have yet to hear back. This was over the weekend right after Update 9.

ticket #47787

Thanks again!

Well in truth I was clicking too fast and bought a 2nd set of Kunai while I was trying to quickly change my loadout for a void misison. I've had the Kunai already at lvl 30 for weeks before this happened so clearly I didn't need a new unleveled set.

Thanks again for letting us know about these. Just gotta wait to hear back from support now. I hope it's soon. That extra Kunai took up my last available weapons slot.

That extra Kunai took up my last available weapons slot.

I want to apologize here, but I'm a big stickler for the rules, and I don't think it's fair to other people to solve a ticket first because it was mentioned on the forums. I can assure you however that if you sell the extra Kunai to free up inventory space, we can still properly track it and refund your platinum when we finally do reach your ticket.

I want to apologize here, but I'm a big stickler for the rules, and I don't think it's fair to other people to solve a ticket first because it was mentioned on the forums. I can assure you however that if you sell the extra Kunai to free up inventory space, we can still properly track it and refund your platinum when we finally do reach your ticket.

Sweeeet. thank you kindly. I have ZERO issue waiting my turn in the que. But that is a sweet little nugget of a suggestion you gave there.

Much and many thanks!!

Some of the items in my inventory are missing such as my Phoenix Ember Helmet Blueprint and a Forma Blueprint.  

You'll want to create a support ticket and we'll be able to restore your items for you. Unfortunately there's currently a large number of support requests so it may be some time before your issue can be resolved.

"My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."

This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

I have run into this problem twice now (once for Reaper Prime Blade and once for Paris Prime Blueprint). It is insanely frustrating, as it has primarily popped up for tough to get items (void tier 3 with low drop chance). I understand that there isn't much you guys can do as support, but maybe you can put a bug in the devs' ear on this one. I assume they know what the cause of this is (some missing asset, if I remember the hotfix note correctly). An automated test that verifies the integrity of reward data would go a long ways toward preventing this issue from popping up a third time.

(note that my support cases for these two were resolved)

Hi,

Was directed here by DERebecca's link from this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/85093-unacceptable-game-support/page-7 I have 2 enquiries that I'll like to make:

Firstly, what's the DE policy when a player pick up an item but can't complete mission / force to abort due to bug? Most of the other game are simpler as normally any item pick up by player are consider theirs, But in Warframe, player must also successfully clear the mission to claim the item. I've send a ticket regarding this issue (force to give up the same item twice) with bugs detail with screen shots and ask if my item can be replace under this circumstance. I put it under bug report as I don't think it fit under missing item at that time. Unfortunately after 8 days of waiting, I only receive a message say that the DEV are aware of the bugs and thanks me for informing them. I've send a second ticket but put it under item missing this time hopefully to get a better answer. Since I don't how long I need to wait for the reply, I hope that at least I can hear it from you here. 

Secondly, it's about the game crashed during a mission and failed to save progress, data was not saved issue. I suffer from both issues before but fortunately didn't lost anything major (at least not something I'm aware of). Most of the time I'm not even aware that data was not saved until I realize the weapons I leveled during mission are revert back to the state before the mission. Are there anything for the players to do in these cases (ee.log?) or are there any plan for DE to improve upon it? Or are we really screwed when it happen?

Thanks for your time to read this.

Cheers

The red text problem or issue is the main problem for Warframe. Not only will it hang up but also will suck your internet dry (preferred to be called as 'Game Leech Bug'),

And I sent a ticket due to the fact that I built a nova chassis before but it was not in my inventory, then I build another one yesterday and still nothing. Can I get my Nova Chassis from the DE? I wasted mats and time to build it and just to get nothing by the time I claimed it.

There's one last issue I want to cover here. It can be common since our game is still in Beta, but unfortunately it's one we can't offer much support for.

Well it started occurring since the drone event.

Edited by War_Dancer

Haven't really used a forum for help before but I'm out of options and maybe support can help, even though I'm not sure. My problem is that I get really bad lag when I shouldn't, and I know this sounds like a common issue, but I tried everything.

My ports are correctly opened, I verified my game's cache through Steam, my internet is 80 download and 30 upload, I'm currently running a Haswell (Intel CPU) and there is nothing else running on my computer that would slow me down, and my ping settings are set low enough where the people I join a game with shouldn't be giving me lag issues.

Furthermore, I play with one of my friends from Canada a lot -and I know he has a good connection- but I get terrible lag to the point where I am invisible, can revive players from across the map, enemies don't die/glitch all over the screen, and items drop super slow or just hang in the air.

I have some of it recorded I think, any suggestions on things I missed while troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated, or if I need to be redirected to another part of the forums.

Thanks!

My apologies for not responding to all of you sooner, resulting in this Frankenstein post.

Firstly, what's the DE policy when a player pick up an item but can't complete mission / force to abort due to bug? Most of the other game are simpler as normally any item pick up by player are consider theirs, But in Warframe, player must also successfully clear the mission to claim the item. I've send a ticket regarding this issue (force to give up the same item twice) with bugs detail with screen shots and ask if my item can be replace under this circumstance. I put it under bug report as I don't think it fit under missing item at that time. Unfortunately after 8 days of waiting, I only receive a message say that the DEV are aware of the bugs and thanks me for informing them. I've send a second ticket but put it under item missing this time hopefully to get a better answer. Since I don't how long I need to wait for the reply, I hope that at least I can hear it from you here. 

Secondly, it's about the game crashed during a mission and failed to save progress, data was not saved issue. I suffer from both issues before but fortunately didn't lost anything major (at least not something I'm aware of). Most of the time I'm not even aware that data was not saved until I realize the weapons I leveled during mission are revert back to the state before the mission. Are there anything for the players to do in these cases (ee.log?) or are there any plan for DE to improve upon it? Or are we really screwed when it happen?

Thanks for your time to read this.

Cheers

Unfortunately, since the mission isn't completed, the items aren't sent to your inventory. When a bug or crash causes a mission to be incomplete, our priority is to solve the core issue, but usually we're unable to retroactively replace items lost once we've corrected it. Without mission completion, there's no record of the items ever being in your inventory, which gives us nothing to work with during an investigation to restore the items (since the item was never really "there" in the first place).

For your second question, If you find yourself the victim of a "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved.", the more information you can provide in your ticket the better. Screenshots, your log, and the names of the players you were with can all help corroborate your claim. However, there's still a good possibility we won't be able return lost goods when this problem occurs; it's very difficult to verify these claims and our policy isn't to automatically honour them, as it would quickly degrade into people just passing around screenshots of finding forma blueprints and saying it failed to save progress.

I'd like to point out though that this isn't an intended feature of our game. We're constantly trying to fix crashes and the dreaded "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved".

If I may ask, can you get refunds on items that you dont like? 

like  I bought a skin pack Fire~  I didn't like it, could I still ask for a refund?

Definitely open a Support Ticket and we can look into getting your purchase refunded.

And I sent a ticket due to the fact that I built a nova chassis before but it was not in my inventory, then I build another one yesterday and still nothing. Can I get my Nova Chassis from the DE? I wasted mats and time to build it and just to get nothing by the time I claimed it.

It may be a wait until support can process your request, but we'll add the Nova Chassis to your inventory.

Haven't really used a forum for help before but I'm out of options and maybe support can help, even though I'm not sure. My problem is that I get really bad lag when I shouldn't, and I know this sounds like a common issue, but I tried everything.

My ports are correctly opened, I verified my game's cache through Steam, my internet is 80 download and 30 upload, I'm currently running a Haswell (Intel CPU) and there is nothing else running on my computer that would slow me down, and my ping settings are set low enough where the people I join a game with shouldn't be giving me lag issues.

Furthermore, I play with one of my friends from Canada a lot -and I know he has a good connection- but I get terrible lag to the point where I am invisible, can revive players from across the map, enemies don't die/glitch all over the screen, and items drop super slow or just hang in the air.

I have some of it recorded I think, any suggestions on things I missed while troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated, or if I need to be redirected to another part of the forums.

Thanks!

You'll also want to contact Support, so we can assist you in troubleshooting your issues.

Are there any plans to integrate the first 3 common issues into the game itself?

A refund system may save a large chunk of time for both the Support team and the players.

Items bought & unused could be returned within a short amount of time, same for items that were sold recently.