Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea 4 Nyx

WaterWarrior

Nyx is one of the warframes I had an idea how it would be but wasn't what I expected. I must thank the warframe creators for making Nyx, she's beautiful and has an amazing potential.Here are my ideas that have as a goal to take advantage of the potential of this psychic space-ninja. Sorry for my English.

Passive "Mastermind": Nyx is undetectable to those enemies being affected by her abilities.

MindControl: It's the same but controlled target must have an innate increased dmg without augment. Dmg increase is affected by power strength.

Psychic Bolts: It's the same but has a synergy with 'Absorb'. Pressing the ability while 'Absorb' is active will make Nyx stop channelling 'Absorb', it doesn't explode and the dmg absorbed is stored as extra dmg to 'Psychic Bolts' in the next cast.This action will take permanently a percentage of Nyx's modified base shields until next cast(doesn't apply to overshields), overshields can be added to the shields left."Shield taking" % depends on the channelling-time spent [e.g:('Absorb' has a duration of 10sec) if 'Psychic Bolts' was cast in the 6th second then 60% of shields are taken.Dmg is divided between the number of current bolts. Add dmg bonuses(e.g. via strength mods) only apply to the base dmg of 'Psychic B.' Nyx can't cast 'Absorb' until the dmg is released.

Chaos: It's the same but enemies affected have their dmg reduced.Dmg reduction is affected by power strength and might be capped at. Visually the enemies have the symbol of the ability or the warframe/tenno symbol over their heads or faces instead of the hologram of Nyx in front of them.

Absorb: Nyx absorb a percentage of all incoming dmg without any restrictions for a limited time Meanwhile energy is drained from Nyx.[ my idea: 50% dmg absorption for 15sec at max lvl]. Dmg absorption works as armour(if a bullet deals 120 dmg 'Absorb' takes up 60 dmg if the dmg absorption is 50%). Energy drain is not increased by the incoming dmg but increases as the time goes by. 'Absorb' can be deactivated casting it again. Duration of the ability can be increased by power duration and the energy drain is affected by efficiency. All other characteristics of the ability are the same including the thread lvl raising. Dmg is evenly spread with distance  Increasing the range of the ability will reduce the dmg 'Absorb' deals(modifications will be shown on the ability information..All dmg 'Absorbs' inflicts is similar to Psychic Bolts(All absorbed dmg is dealt as raw dmg with a 10% of being slash on impact and 50% status chance of proc radiation on the enemy per enemy).Enemies affected by the explosion are released from the effects of Nyx's other abilities. The percentage of dmg absorption is affected by power strength and cannot exceed 100%(adding more dmg boost only help to the more range less dmg condition).

yes now it's time to kill

Trying to turn Nyx into more of a damage Frame seems like the wrong path to me, TBH.

Her abilities not really needing any Power Strength is a good thing, it makes her easier to Mod as you like.

Giving Chaos'd enemies decreased damage makes it harder for them to kill each other / fuel Absorb.

Making Absorb not the 100% damage block it currently is, but retaining the increased aggro,
would make her immensely more squishy be a death sentence in many missions.

And wait, you actually think it's a good idea to give an ability that drains Energy per second
a duration limit on top, like World On Fire had back then and Renewal finally, FINALLY got rid of?
No. Just ... no.

FWIW, my thoughts on / random ideas for Nyx from previous topics:

Mind Control - make it permanent, no duration, hold button to release.
MC'd enemies that have stored up lethal damage count as dead for Defense / Exterminate / whatnot and drop their loot.
Fix it so that truly all enemy-spawned units will be allies, and permanently.

Psychic Bolts - enemies affected (for X duration) find themselves unable to attack Nyx and her allies,
even stray bullets and AoE stuff won't affect your Squad.

Chaos - pretty much fine as-is, add synergy in that MC'd and PB'd enemies get a damage boost against Chaos'd ones.
Remove the shrinkage from the Augment.

Absorb - remove the additional Energy drain for every 1k damage (e.g. Maim doesn't have that)
as well as the Range penalty from the Augment, the snail movement is limitation enough.

Passive - removing it entirely would be better than what we have now
as I actually kind of want Chaos'd enemies to shoot each other (and my Absorb bubble),
plus e.g. doing a Chaos stun -> Mind Control combo only to end up MC-ing a disarmed Bombard ... yeah thanks.

So, dunno what to replace it with, maybe ...

- lowering enemy accuracy / giving Nyx & allies increased evasion within Affinity Range
(could be explained by both her telekinetic as well as telepathic powers)

- enemies within Affinity Range that are about to attack Nyx / allies
have a small chance to get Chaos'd (including the stun even if they're already Chaos'd)

- something much better :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

I really think she is fine where she is at right now, her 1 scales with the game, her 2 which can apply radiation proc is quite nice for melee that have condition overload, her 3 is just as useful as ever and last but not least her 4. I hardly use her 4 if i don't have the Augment for it on my build since the idea of staying put in a game like warframe already screams dead to me. I would love to see something like a stun or a more reliable knockdown when releasing her 4 so i would not die immediately when i run out of either energy or wish to end the ability myself.