Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The network connection has been lost... when my internet it fine.

(XBOX)Galactic Bacara

I've been getting NETWORK NOT RESPONDING errors ever since the Beasts of the Sanctuary update.  Nothing changed about my system.  I've lost so much loot.  I'm surprised that there's been no official response to this thread, but then DE seems only to consider the problem being someone else's:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/223304468-Network-not-responding

For those that don’t already know, these disconnects happen exactly half an hour apart. I’ve had it since I started playing the game a few weeks ago, and while it’s far from ideal you can literally set your watch to it which helps when planning your next mission - five minutes before your next disconnect? No problem, just hang around on the ship for a while and go into a mission once the half an hour has passed.

It’s now been happening for over a month and has ruined the game. I lost days of boosters (bought with Plat I paid real world cash for) because I couldn’t play properly so gave up.

Does seem to be tied with Sanctuary update as everything was fine before. I raised ticket with DE, did everything asked in terms of changing network settings (even though nothing had changed my end and all other games function without issue), and after weeks of back and forth and no improvement - ticket is set to SOLVED, because there is nothing more they can do.

This is not the definition of solved, far from it. Something is wrong in the net code which causes this, I can accept the odd reset may occur but not every single time and as others have said like clock work.

There is definitely a regularity to the disconnects I'm seeing. Whilst it doesn't always disconnect me every half hour, when a disconnect occurs it is at the appropriate time.

Last nights disconnects (all times British Summer Time)

7:57pm, 10:57pm, 11:27pm, 11:57pm, 12:27pm

Previous nights disconnects

10:53pm, 11:53pm, 1:23am

Just checked the new ticket I raised after first was closed - response was:

“We apologize for the troubles you're experiencing. Due to the nature of consoles, there are no other steps to be taken. From the looks of your last ticket this issue is with Sanctuary Onslaught.”

Firstly, why can no further steps be taken - surely this can be investigated with Microsoft, surely there are certain conditions where this error message is generated - what are those conditions and has each one been investigated fully, is it impossible to generate logging from a console game? Basically they’ve said because your network seems ok after changing everything - meh, don’t know what to do so ‘solved’

Secondly, this person clearly did not go through the original thread fully as it was clear this was all content, but the problem started (for me at least) following the sanctuary release.

C’mon DE - why is it your game has this issue but others don’t? Given the reset will trigger every 30 mins, what processes are running on servers that could cause this - are we being hit with some form of deadlock condition in a database and that’s resulting in our connection resetting?

Its your code, so you must know what circumstances will generate this error and the network reset

This is happening to me every 30 mins, 18 past the hour and 48 to the hour, it must be something serverside.

now when im playing i have to kep an eye on the clock :(.

also i dont get kicked from the game as a whole just from the instance im running and it does not matter what im running its the same.

17 hours ago, (XB1)AlexFi1978 said:

Just checked the new ticket I raised after first was closed - response was:

“We apologize for the troubles you're experiencing. Due to the nature of consoles, there are no other steps to be taken. From the looks of your last ticket this issue is with Sanctuary Onslaught.”

Firstly, why can no further steps be taken - surely this can be investigated with Microsoft, surely there are certain conditions where this error message is generated - what are those conditions and has each one been investigated fully, is it impossible to generate logging from a console game? Basically they’ve said because your network seems ok after changing everything - meh, don’t know what to do so ‘solved’

Secondly, this person clearly did not go through the original thread fully as it was clear this was all content, but the problem started (for me at least) following the sanctuary release.

C’mon DE - why is it your game has this issue but others don’t? Given the reset will trigger every 30 mins, what processes are running on servers that could cause this - are we being hit with some form of deadlock condition in a database and that’s resulting in our connection resetting?

Its your code, so you must know what circumstances will generate this error and the network reset

I have an open ticket, I got the generic reset console, router, etc. I tried that and waiting for a reply. If DE cannot sort this out, I'm going after Microsoft for refunds of all my platinum purchased to date, the game is not fully playable with these disconnects. I don't want to go down the refund route, but I will if I have to. Microsoft have the clout we don't, hopefully they will get involved if enough of us get onto them about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I stop playing 4 months ago because of these issues and decided to try again. For 8 days now i cant connect, get kicked froze etc. Its crazy. Ive been on for 1 hour now completed 1 exterminate and been kicked 9 times having to restart the game. Its just warframe too. No other issues with any other games. Thos is ridiculous 

Pretty sure this same reason is why i stopped playing a year ago.  Im not just having "Period Disconnects" My game literally freezes on mission loads, mission ending (Returning to orbit) middle of missions anything and none of it is spaced equally.  Mission will freeze, I can quit the game reload, launch the same mission and in seconds its frozen again.  I have to quit and reload.  Earlier none of the textures were loading on Mars. The entire map was Grey and doors wouldnt open; then i got booted out and disconnected, meanwhile all of my teammates are running around killing things fine. Quit the game multiple times and couldnt rejoin mission.  Getting booted out due to host migration loading into missions. Ive hard reset Xbox, changed from wireless to Hard wired, set all graphic options to lowest settings,  reset router and modem, and cleared out cached files - thinking that one of these may help.  Nothing works.  Not even solo play! 

Running on Xbox One X currently - had same issues a year or two ago on a different console. 

I'm also getting this issue. I got back into Warframe a couple weeks after Sanctuary dropped after a 2-3 month break and have had consistent disconnects. I do not have this issue with any other game and it's really beginning to bug me because if I try to do something like crack open relics with friends and I lose connection I don't get my loot and the game takes the relic anyway.
My only solution is to play Solo even though I want to play with friends but the problem doesn't stop there since I can occasionally get booted back to my ship and lose any progress and I'm missing out on extra stuff by not playing Publicly.

I love Warframe but I can't enjoy the game when I feel stressed out playing because of the unpredictability of the game booting me and my effort being for nothing. :c

I’ve been having this problem of “Network connection has been lost to the host, you’ll be returned to the main menu” Ever since that damn Sanctuary update came out don’t get me wrong, I love it but as a veteran player I’m wanting to do long survivals like the kuva survivals for hours on end but end up getting disconnected around the 45 minute mark, I’ve seen a YouTuber also complain about getting disconnected around 45 minutes aswell meaning this isn’t a problem with our internet or Xbox, it’s a server side issue either with DE or Xbox, this is one if not my most favourite game of all time and I’m not wanting it to become ruined by a dumb server side issue making it so I’m not able to play anymore.

Edited by (XB1)iTz Zebruhh
I had an extra point I wanted to put across

Are any of you in this thread Sky customers using the Sky Q hub ? 

If so, it could be the router, I'm a Sky customer and switched back to my old router, the Sky SR102 model. I was having the constant every 30 minute issue with the Sky Q router, switched to my old router and the problem is gone.

Touch wood.

Edited by (XB1)eviltedi

Just started having these connection problems once The Sacrifice came out I had network problems on my orbiter prior but they didn't bother me but now I cant even be in a game with my friends or load into a solo plains. I've restarted my router over 3 times hard reset the console and reinstalled warframe nothing worked wtf is even going on

21 hours ago, (XB1)eviltedi said:

Are any of you in this thread Sky customers using the Sky Q hub ? 

If so, it could be the router, I'm a Sky customer and switched back to my old router, the Sky SR102 model. I was having the constant every 30 minute issue with the Sky Q router, switched to my old router and the problem is gone.

Touch wood.

I want to die, I'm using Sky Q for godsake

I had mine saying "Unable to connect. Please try again" since last night after tennocon. Before it was with my character showing in screen but kept saying that i need a warframe account to connect. But after i restarted it just stuck at first screen, "Unable to connect. Please try again". Installed on a whole different ps4. Different account. Same situation. My network is fine and it has no problem with anything else

4 hours ago, (XB1)iTz Zebruhh said:

I want to die, I'm using Sky Q for godsake

Yeah, I felt the same, fortunately I had my old router, check the link below, I put a fairly long reply about this, I think you should check it out. I'm hoping to hear from Sky this coming week, I'll post back when I do. I'm hoping to get my Sky Q hub replaced with a new one, I believe my Q router might not be updating properly.

Linked thread.