Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Guess New Players Are Screwed Huh?

Lagoon7

It's sniper specific, which makes it pretty meh overall. It's really nice for people who do want to use sniper weapons but isn't going to be of much use at all to the general populace who avoid them.

I do wish the energy costs were brought into line. Charged should either cost less because it's weaker, or cost the same. Costing more for less than half the benefit is kind of painful.

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

Buff the Paris by making it Bow compatible too pls :(

Define "worked their butt off"

Sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours, contributing nothing into society or their family?

Instead of spending time with their loved ones they are tapping and clicking away in front of a screen?

For those of you who think this way, please click on your profile in game and take a look at 'Time Played". This is the time you "contributing nothing into society or their family". Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

/shrug

I hope people like the OP realize that the Snipetron Vandal "affects gameplay" far more than the Primed Chamber mod. Any new player (like the ones from the steam 75% off sale the other day and the many that will undoubtedly come from the PS4 launch) is at a severe disadvantage when it comes to sniping because the only sniper available to them (currently) is a pile of junk. That is, until they can/if get the Lanka. Where the rage at on that?

People also seem to think the mod is over powered. Its double damage on the first shot in the clip and only the first shot, not all 6. To even put the mod on in the first place you have to give up 90% electric or fire damage. If you want to put on maxed fast hands you then have to sacrifice the other or crit dmg. Is it worth? You'd have to do the math but its not going to be anywhere near as good as most people make it out to be. We didn't magically get a 9th mod slot with it. 

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

Thats good news for those that fell short in this past event and want to try it earn it again and what I expected from reading Ceds post in the other thread. 

Exclusive but not one time only. A trophy mod. 

People also seem to think the mod is over powered. Its double damage on the first shot in the clip and only the first shot, not all 6. To even put the mod on in the first place you have to give up 90% electric or fire damage. If you want to put on maxed fast hands you then have to sacrifice the other or crit dmg. Is it worth? You'd have to do the math but its not going to be anywhere near as good as most people make it out to be. We didn't magically get a 9th mod slot with it.

Good to see someone agree with me. Default trinity avatars unite.

I hope people like the OP realize that the Snipetron Vandal "affects gameplay" far more than the Primed Chamber mod. Any new player (like the ones from the steam 75% off sale the other day and the many that will undoubtedly come from the PS4 launch) is at a severe disadvantage when it comes to sniping because the only sniper available to them (currently) is a pile of junk. That is, until they can/if get the Lanka. Where the rage at on that?

Sniper weapons in this game are basically pointless vanity pieces that you use because you feel like it. Once you get to the point where you can mod them out to there maximum potential, you could still do more DPS with a higher ROF weapon with the same mods. I like them, have always liked sniper weapons, but they just aren't very important in this game.

edited for something wonky with the quoting

Edited by RedDirtTrooper

Sniper weapons in this game are basically pointless vanity pieces that you use because you feel like it. Once you get to the point where you can mod them out to there maximum potential, you could still do more DPS with a higher ROF weapon with the same mods. I like them, have always liked sniper weapons, but they just aren't very important in this game.

edited for something wonky with the quoting

I'm confused as to why you replied to me with this? 

I'm confused as to why you replied to me with this? 

You asked where the rage was from new players not having the vandaltron. I was just saying that there's no rage because it's not a needed or important gun, and the only real complaint they'll have is later on when they wish they had access to the mastery points from it. Not because it isn't a great sniper rifle, but just because by this games nature, sniper rifles aren't terribly useful.

You asked where the rage was from new players not having the vandaltron. I was just saying that there's no rage because it's not a needed or important gun, and the only real complaint they'll have is later on when they wish they had access to the mastery points from it. Not because it isn't a great sniper rifle, but just because by this games nature, sniper rifles aren't terribly useful.

You didn't quite get the post.

Everyone raging at the top 100 getting a mod isn't also raging at the fact that they have one of the best snipers that is exclusive. New players won't be able to get it, thus it being "unfair". 

You're also more than capable of using a Sandal or Lanka for everything in the game, aside from high level defense and maybe some bosses. As for sniping in general not being all that important, agree but because of the Sandal its more viable. 

And the fact the mod is sniper only, sniping being unimportant to the game, makes this even less of a problem then its made out to be. 

But how effective sniping is in this game is completely beside the point. 

My point still stands, Sandal has more of an impact then the mod. Yet its perfectly fine. 

Edited by iTzLazer

Define "worked their butt off"

Sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours, contributing nothing into society or their family?

Instead of spending time with their loved ones they are tapping and clicking away in front of a screen?

I imagine you carefully planned those evenings how you could make most out of your time to contribute to society with planning how to reduce unemployment, fight global warming, donated money to people who really needed it, etc, etc...

The things is; competitions in games aren't about those things unless otherwise mentioned and since games are usually made so that people play them and spend money on them instead of running out to help old people over the walkway or to do similar activities.

Are you angry at people because they chose to grind trough the event while you killed couple of drones(silly assumption, correct me if I'm wrong) and hoped to get full rewards nevertheless?

The winners do deserve the exclusive mods because they indeed "worked their butt off", gave up on their normal social activities and such just to have uncertain chance at winning the rewards which after all weren't that exclusive(since most people seemed to get the SnipeV) and many of the winners were let down because they expected something much greater than just the they got in the end.

But how effective sniping is in this game is completely beside the point. 

My point still stands, Sandal has more of an impact then the mod. Yet its perfectly fine. 

Yep, I pretty much agree with everything you said. Anyway, my response was really just directed at that comment, not the total sum of your argument.

It's nice to know you still check up on the forums even when you're off duty, says a lot about how much you love this game :)

It only applies damage for the first shot.

So if you got a SV with max split chamber.

You are only essentially shooting 12 bullets + 1 extra bullet.

Hardly a difference imo.

The extra damage does not carry over to the multi-cast round, so it doesn't tip balance severely.

So you are saying that the people in the top 100 should only get things that you can get at a later date?

Thats seems pretty stupid tbh, These people farmed those balloons and grinded away and you are saying that all their time and effort should be for naught?

I'm sorry but i cannot agree with this one bit, they earned the ranks and they earned that mod, when it comes up at a later date, You can earn it the same way they did.

might i add that without their efforts, you might not have a Snipetron Vandal in the first place.

Oh and i couldn't participate in the event on this account, so i made another F2P account and killed them on that. 

Get over it and be grateful DE added a similar mod to the pool.

Thank you very much for the clarification! I've been itching to hear an official statement from a DE Member. It is relieving that it possibly will be an event item in the future. Here's to hoping that future isn't far off -wink wink nudge nudge-.

Could someone please upload footage of the Primed Chamber (the event mod) in action.

if possible:

-Try to play it like a WW2 bolt-action rifle. 

-- Shoot, reload. Shoot, reload. Shoot, reload. etc.

if not possible:

then I'd just like to hear and see it work.

I'll be paying attention to reload animations, muzzle flash, projectile, sounds, etc.

Edited by hunterframe

So you are saying that the people in the top 100 should only get things that you can get at a later date?

Literally no one said this. People are saying that DE shouldn't make things that affect gameplay into super limited rewards. But I guess reading a three page topic is hard...

Rebecca already stated it may possibly be available in future events. It took quite a bit for a statement on Primed Chamber to be released, and I'm sure it was after a lot of talk between everyone at DE. Everyone should drop the topic.

Rebecca already stated it may possibly be available in future events. It took quite a bit for a statement on Primed Chamber to be released, and I'm sure it was after a lot of talk between everyone at DE. Everyone should drop the topic.

Or it was just a quick post to appease the angry community because I'm sure we all know DE would totally have put thunderbolt and other mods in the drop pool if the dataminers hadn't called them on their S#&$.