Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Guess New Players Are Screwed Huh?

Lagoon7

Its a slippery slope though.  Just imagine if legendary weapons in WoW were only able to be obtained by the first 50 guilds that killed the boss.  That's it.  No one else.  That's essentially what this path is leading us to, and its a terrible implementation of a reward system.  All the vandal weapons out there that can't be received anymore.  At one time the Braton Vandal was considered the best weapon in the game.  Who says they don't do that again, and leave it that way?  Who says the next mod isn't a better version of Serration, and its only for the top 100 of some time-grindy event in the future.  So the game they are trying to make harder gets harder for everyone except people who get special perks for having zero life outside of Warframe. 

And a slippery slope is also a fallacy.

Read the whole post, maybe "slippery slope" is a bad phrase.  But by definition, there has to be no proof of it going in that direction.  There is plenty of proof.  Exclusive weapons, now mods, at one point a warframe (which was taken back, but still).  Overall, it is terrible game design.  Also, the Vandal weapons are far worse offenders than mods.  So the 'seemingly going that direction' logic, isn't completely off.  They keep making things exclusive like they have been since closed beta (first weapons, now mods).  Exclusivity on game changing items is always ALWAYS bad.  Especially in this case where a lot of the top 100 are like 'meh' because they don't use snipers.  It creates a system where one part community feels ripped off, and another part of the community feels ripped off.  And you have a small segment of people that don't care.  In game design, one of the core aspects is that a reward should FEEL REWARDING but not break the game.   Right now, I see very little people feeling rewarded.

Edited by Traithan

I really, really wish I could unleash my vocabulary on you publicly.

100 mod cards in a game that has 25k+ players online every day and youre sitting here moaning. Im playing since closed beta, do you see me whining? No, neither did I get the primed chamber mod and people that did had to play non-stop and grind for several (30+) hours to get it.

edit: My suggestion - do not bring it back in future events, leave it exclusive.

Edited by Qynchou

Read the whole post, maybe "slippery slope" is a bad phrase.  But by definition, there has to be no proof of it going in that direction.  There is plenty of proof.  Exclusive weapons, now mods, at one point a warframe (which was taken back, but still).  Overall, it is terrible game design.  Also, the Vandal weapons are far worse offenders than mods.  So the 'seemingly going that direction' logic, isn't completely off.  They keep making things exclusive like they have been since closed beta (first weapons, now mods).  Exclusivity on game changing items is always ALWAYS bad.  Especially in this case where a lot of the top 100 are like 'meh' because they don't use snipers.  It creates a system where one part community feels ripped off, and another part of the community feels ripped off.  And you have a small segment of people that don't care.  In game design, one of the core aspects is that a reward should FEEL REWARDING but not break the game.   Right now, I see very little people feeling rewarded.

It's hardly a game changing mod. Before I realised it couldn't be equipped on bows, it actually sounded like a decent mod, but as it's sniper rifle only, it's essentially a trophy item. Nothing like the Braton Vandal was back in the day. Considering all they're exclusive items are not massively game-changing, like legendary weapons are in WoW, I'd say, no, there's not enough evidence to say DE is on a slippery slope.

Also, which Warframe are you talking about, I don't remember any Warframe which was going to be exclusive? Unless you mean Frost Prime, but again, it's hardly game-changing, and "exclusive" was said off the cuff while Steve was slightly drunk. Should have been taken with a grain of salt by the community, but it wasn't unfortunately. I don't think it was ever intended to be truly exclusive.

Edited by Notso

I agree with OP and yes, I was too tired to read other comments.

EDIT: Read what DE_Rebecca wrote, this tone surely sets in a better light but it does not solve the issue. Can you please clarify how it will re-appear on future events? Will it work same way or be a reward from another event to those who completed the challenge? Is it only for top 100 again? What happens to charged chamber? Things need clear clarifications before they are going to be taken seriously.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

As long as these future events make it possible for every single player to earn it at once if all of them put in the required effort, I can live with this, but NO item in game should ever be PERMANENTLY limited in supply.

Edited by Callback

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

AH! But you didn't say it WASN'T exclusive until now, Muahahahah! This makes me happy :3