Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WUKONG ABILITIES NEED MAKEOVER

(PSN)TomRed20019

Iron Jab - I think Iron Jab need to have longer blade when jabbing enemies.

Defy- When using this ability don't see it actually working to escape death unless have to die first in order for the ability to work.

Cloud Walker- Wukong using cloud walker should be able to go through things, objects, Enemies.

Primal Fury- I think when using primal fury there should be earth Quake, explosive, and enemies should be throw up in the air when getting hit by the iron staff hit the ground.

I don't see Tennos playing Wukong. I am just using Wukong to up rank points to get to next mastery rank test.

Just my suggestions...

Iron Jab: Increase the range and width of the ability. For a staff that's supposed to have infinite range, it's fairly short...

Augment: Instead of launching Wukong into the air, the staff extends upwards and creates a tall tower that Wukong can infinitely Wall Cling onto. Jumping off of the staff will cause it to disappear, and if Wukong uses a ground slam he gains increased range and damage on that single ground slam.

Defy: I can already see this getting some nerf in the future... When Wukong "dies" while Defy is active, he now will become invisible and will spawn a specter of himself that taunts enemies. While invisible, Defy is toggled off and Wukong is vulnerable to damage. Once the Invisibility is over, Defy is automatically turned back on

Keeps his immortality by removing enemy aggro completely when he "dies", but makes it more fair by making is possible for him to still receive damage if he stands in an AoE blast, or in front of a shooting enemy

Augment: On death or timeout, Defy's specter will violently explode to damage enemies.

Cloudwalker: Increase movement speed. Procs Radiation on enemies that walk through the cloud. Allies are cloaked only while inside the cloud

Augment: StormWalker: Can now fire lightning bolts that damage and proc shock. Enemies walking through the cloud now also get lightning procs and damage

Primal Fury: Honestly just needs some QoL and range increase. Combos are hard to pull off, and his easiest combo to use does more CC than damage.

I play a lot of Wukong - his 2 doesn't need any changes and his 4 just needs some minor change.

His 2 is probably the best invulnerability in the game in that it is the most balanced.  It's not perfect invulnerability like a lot of frames have.  You can be killed if you're just hit hard enough or often enough without time to refresh it.  It gives just the right amount of safety and tension, especially in higher level missions.  

His 4 needs better combos ... I hate the pogo-stick stuff

His 1 is awful ... rarely use it except to take out the occasional camera.  I guess it scales with your weapon now? Still don't use it.  It's so short range and weak, it's just better to pull the trigger of my gun or just hit them with my melee.  The mod for it was interesting until I found out that you literally had to look at your feet to use it.

His 3 is so inconsistent that it's often worthless to use.

I'd honestly like to see them remove Iron Jab entirely and convert it into the charge attack for Primal Fury, and give us something a bit more useful for his 1. I have some ideas, but none of them are super well fleshed out. I do think having some form of riding on a small cloud or just a better staff based attack than iron Jab would be welcome here.

Defy I absolutely love. Please don't change this. It requires a lot of effort and expensive mods/space to maximize, and more and more frames are gaining abilities/buffs that simply make them very difficult to kill while having significantly more useful movesets. Ruining this would take away what almost everyone I know that loves the frame loves ABOUT the frame. 

Primal Fury... I wouldn't mind seeing new combos that feel a bit smoother, but it's fine the way it is minus the lack of a good charge attack.

Cloudwalker I also think is fine the way it is, but in light of Undertow's rework, I do think it'd be really cool if it had an augment that let us target enemies and shoot lightning at them for damage/stun at the cost of extra energy... Maybe casting his 1 while in the cloud? Sun Wukong did have abilities that controlled wind/storms, so it isn't too far fetched.

Cloud walker is great for opening tougher, armoured enemies up to finishers for your primal Fury. Just pop in and out real quick. All iron jab needs is a range/width increase for more reliable crowd control, it's augment is useless though compared to bullet jumping, maybe in parkour 1.0 it would have been moderately useful...

Played him exclusively this week...here are my observations:

- His 1 is imo FINE. It does decent damage compared to other first abilities and the CC scales nicely. Is it the best first ability in game? No...but good enough.

- His 2 is godly and the main reason to get the frame imo. You sacrifice AOE/CC and a strong ult and in return, you can't die unless you fall asleep. This makes Wukong a great frame to revive allies.

- His 3 is FINE. It's a great "get away" ability, even if you normally don't kneed it. However, the stun allows you to use finishers. You can fit a dagger with covert lethality and that scales infinitely. If you have a high status weapon and hit enemies before using his 3, those status procs benefit from finisher damage bonuses! So not only is it a decent CC ability, it also boosts your damage. It also briefly opens up a larger mob to finisher damage for your allies.

- His 4 is a disappointment. Damage isn't horrible, but nothing to write home about. The range gain isn't enough for me to really use it a lot. 

Fit whatever primary/secondary you like. For melee, I like daggers (Karyst can use covert lethality and has good status damage), Atterax (slash procs!!) and my current favorite, the Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz. Imo the Jat Kittag is what Wukong's 4 should have been! It scales with enemy health and is therefore pretty great for high level enemies...

I use his 1 against nullifiers and stronger single target enemies. His 2 ensures I can't die no matter what. His 3 boosts my damage and instead of his 4, I just use the Jat Kittag. 

With Rage, energy's not a problem. I run at 153 duration, 175 efficiency, 150 range and 40 strength. I just use his 1 for single target CC and don't use his 4, so no need to boost strength. I can keep defy running constantly and spam his 3 as much as I want. Your 3 also allows you to reset your 2 safely. 

Just like Ivara, it feels almost like cheating playing Wukong. You can't die and if you take advantage of his 3 and pick a decent melee weapon like the Jat Kittag or a CL dagger, he does great damage too going around shields/armor thanks to finisher damage. 

Objectively, his damage is a bit worse than Excal, but not by much...and he's definitely less squishy. He has 1 godly, 1 good, 1 decent and 1 horrible ability. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

Just mine opinion)

Iron jab - want to upgrade a little. For holding skill button to launch 2nd attack with bigger radius and dmg, with animation of his staff sudden growth. Maybe with effect of launching Wukong backwards into air. 

Defy - already nice, next... 

Cloud walker - needs speed buff. I also like stunning effect, but it's not working properly for now - stuns not everyone,  only once. Could be fixed for CC and finishers. Also, maybe as augment, want to fly ON the cloud, while been able to fly so, shoot and melee. 

Primal fury - good at core, just needs easier to use combos. 

His cloning technique not represented here (maybe as Defy, but too shallow). Some augment with that could be good. 

Edited by RubAxy

I main Wukong and i think he works perfectly fine?

Using the standard with Rage mod for Defy ( 2 ) and be able to keep up Primal Fury ( 4 ) longer, the range on Primal Fury is quite insane since it gets buffed by Range Mods and also the meele hit range on the meele weapon, it also gets a longer range the more combo you got going. Currently using a primed range meele mod along with Galatine Prime and the damage is melting low level targets but around level 80 or so its starts dipping down til i get the corrosive debuff going on Grineer units. I also found that using the meele channel ability with Primal Fury adds some nice bonus damage along to it aswell and Rage mod fillin up my energy bar nicely to be able to channel and swing the staff like the mad monkey he is (i turn off channel when its time to use Defy)

also note that Defy can only save you two times (in my opinon), it gives less effect each time it occurs, so let it pop twice, take it off and re-apply the buff and you are now a immortal god.

Not too happy about Iron Jab ( 1 ) tho, i barely use it and dont get me wrong, its helpful when it comes to knock down a bombard to save your butt in the last second, but it feels a bit "meh".

Would be cool if Wukong went more along with the Sun Wukong legend of being able to create copies of himself as a diversion or for some tiny extra damage, the copies dsnt have to be doing 100% of your damage, it can be minor 10 or 20 % or so, but they attract enemy attention for example.

really?  R u complaining wukong's ablitites?  Listen to me my good sir, hadn't no one told you the story wukong mean or either his story how he became well known his style?

I'll tell you the story of wukong the "Monkey King" for reason why he is the monkey king is he travel with companions (which he was stuck with mortal human priest/buddist, 1 pig and 1 some sort kapaa or was it a goat) anyway, he is well known as great trickster and short temper, but what make him the best and better then the rest is his pole stick that extend and de-xtend his pole, where he was able get the pole from under the sea from sea emperor which he sort of jack that from him because its the only thing that was holding up his kingdom (yea wukong was kind of jerk, but he is very smart monkey), reason why watch out his temper is because he like to beat the daylight out someone (like big masscure killing yes), but he do this on demons alot and rare on other human being.  His iron staff gave him most fearful name because he really did defeat the great demon king's army and himself which is impressive to other who see why.

Wukong isn't a blader at all, he was stright up pole staff user who is like loki accept he is comboler and great beater guy who shouldn't question his ablitlties.

Iron jab is a sad excuse for an ability. Poking people is nothing to be proud of. The poke should happen when casting primal fury, during the stance, an immediate ground slam upon decasting primal fury.

first ability should be an actual ability. It should do something worthwile. People make good suggestions all the time. I think a parkour ability would be nice. A first ability that drains over time or has a duration and makes wukong more nimble, allowing him specifically to parkour off enemies, run up walls and side run like parkour 1, roll and dodge more nimble, and work with his other abilities by increasing their mobility/ effectiveness...

Or just increase the amount of enemies it can knock down. Whatever floats the boat.

I think his 1 and 2 are perfectly fine for what they are.  I use jab to mainly tell HVT's to basically screw off while I deal with the riff raff.

His 3 I wish moved just a teensy bit faster in.  maybe a sprint function in it.

his 4 just needs better combos and a slightly higher max range for how far it can extend.

• 2 weeks later...