Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Xenotype I skin and helmet

yoschi

Hi everyone.

Not to many nekros skins out there so i prepared one with a horrorish style fitting the halloween theme i hope :) It's a little bit inspired by Gigers work. It's not as polished and detailed as awesome Yatus skins but bear in mind that it's my first work that scale in blender :P

5BF387BBE51827F62E962DF0686C36E6292F576E

6121A8F49F41F1CC862C421E51E30AD90E823836

58F78D040DB28874F3E8ABE25426F6A989EBE0D4

hope you enjoy

Edited by yoschi
Update
  • Like 3

@yoschi

I don't know how to put it to you. Yes I am familiar to the Aliens Series.

You can do "inspired" work, Good Job, but so saying. DO NOT want a lawsuit over this (since Alien is copyrighted last I check, right?)

You might want to remove or "smooth edges" some thing fitting and give the Extra Terrestrial vibe,. since the Nekros Appearances are still left.

Good Luck, and Thank for Contribution.

35 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

@yoschi

I don't know how to put it to you. Yes I am familiar to the Aliens Series.

You can do "inspired" work, Good Job, but so saying. DO NOT want a lawsuit over this (since Alien is copyrighted last I check, right?)

You might want to remove or "smooth edges" some thing fitting and give the Extra Terrestrial vibe,. since the Nekros Appearances are still left.

Good Luck, and Thank for Contribution.

Yeah you're probably right. It may be too close to alien. Maybe a helmet with a completely different direction would be nice. I'm not satisfied with this one anyway :)

tnx :)

Hey! I love that skin but according to the rules, you can't reference stuff directly from pop culture but Sentient's colonies are a lot similar to what we saw in Scorn. They are very HR Giger-y. So you might wanna make some amends. 

On a side note, would love to see more bio-mechanical aesthetic like a Xenomorph. 10/10 would buy :P

6 hours ago, Shadilay said:

Hey! I love that skin but according to the rules, you can't reference stuff directly from pop culture but Sentient's colonies are a lot similar to what we saw in Scorn. They are very HR Giger-y. So you might wanna make some amends. 

On a side note, would love to see more bio-mechanical aesthetic like a Xenomorph. 10/10 would buy :P

Hmm... that's a great idea – sentient's style.

We live in a culure of mix. Nothing is original from the core as says Lev Manovich and Lawrance Lassig. Xenomorph was a suitable base for remaking the nekros skin (btw. his model is a pain in the &#! :P). My mistake was not thinking out of the box enough like @DesFrSpace noticed. I would love to see more bio-mechanical aesthetic like Xenomorph too even though i love the style DE is using in warframe :D

I think i can make something cool. All i need is time. Maybe not in this round of tennogen, but for the next one i will be prepared. Still I will use the frase RUN DIE OBEY, cause i think it really suits nekros :D

Edited by yoschi

Sick as, mate! My only suggestion is to put some ribbed tubing along the sides of his legs, arms, and neck. Nothing too fancy, just one or two tubing lines similar to this website: http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienWarrior.htm

The little tubing sections down the appendages, not the large ribbed parts. It would be perfect after that! Great job, yoschi! 

Happy Space Labor Day, Tenno! 

• 4 weeks later...

Outstanding work my guy, wish it would of made it into round 10. But I hope you don't mind if i give you my opinion on what you could possibly do different for the next round. 

I think you could probably do more polishing around the head, and chest areas, maybe make them look more polished and sleek and instead of just having a solid color to it. See, if you look at the preview for the skin on steam, when the helmet and chest areas are colored white, it just does't look quite right (imo) in comparison with the rest of the skin. 

@(Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 I strongly agree that adding some small tubing sections on the skin would be a fairly interesting touch. Maybe you could have the tubing start at the upper abdominal area, and have them curve and course up along the sides into the back. 

But again, I truly love this skin and the concept behind, it really does stick out (in a good way :satisfied:), and I'm really look forward to seeing more of your work, and what else you have in store for this skin. So, I wish you the best of luck to you, and hopefully we'll here more from you soon! :highfive:

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

Soft upper part of the helmet could use a little more work maybe like Lazarus helmet. The eye and glowing chest are great. I give you a 8/10.  Good luck with future works. 

you might want to check the threads date. its been dead for 5 years lol

• Like 1