Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did you get into Warframe?

BrokenBullet

Hey everyone, ever since Skill Up has made a review on Warframe and so that brought lots of new players into the game. So I wanted to ask this question, especially to the veterans: What got you into Warframe? Did a friend recommend it to you? Did you find it out by yourself? Was it because it was Free2Play?

My story:

I first saw Warframe by the Youtuber called "Kuledud3" when he started playing it. So I joined in at around May 2013 (Update 7). After playing it for a bit, I pretty much lost all motivation to play the game because of the lack of tutorials and I didn't know anything at all. So I stopped playing entirely for more than a year. But then got back at around December 2014, which is somewhere around the time Nova Prime was released. I got into Warframe by seeing a friend play the game on Steam. So I wanted to check it out after a long break to see how everything was changed. We had a ship to walk around in, a new starchart, different bosses and new   Warframes! And that is where my journey "officially" begun. Now at Mastery rank 21 and played it every day ever since.

Here's the video that got me into Warframe:

Spoiler

Tell us how you got into Warframe down below!

Thanks for reading

A friend caught wind of the game before closed beta and i sighned up. i remember as i was looking at the first wallpaper i thought, Oi wait a second....i know that art style? it was from a game called Darksector [whom i liked for the glaive and "virus" mutations appearence]

I got really mad because i thought it was some other company stealing a pretty cool look and remaking it, but then i noticed it was the same people and thought...oh S#&$ is this a sequeul of some sorts or some spiritual succesor?

Eventually i got really into the game and bought the second highest founder pack, then eventualy after the extension i bought the final pack.

I was sort of thinking wow i hope this game never goes away anytime soon.  Well fast forward 4 years and heh still here and 4 times as big and its for free [farming just like any other mmo/ect game] 

I was just sitting around one weekend in a skype call, and I saw one of my friends on steam start up a game called "Warframe". I had seen people play it before, but I was unsure, so I asked him "What is this warframe thing?" He explained it to me, and I inquired "I get to run around like an idiot and hit things with a sword? I'm in." At first I was unsure, because I somehow accidentally skipped the intro cutscene, but I got my Lato, Braton, and Skana, and I was sold. Especially after I shot someone in half with the Lato.

I was playing Vindictus when my then guild master asked if I had heard of game called Warframe. I looked it up and thought it was awesome. That was back in April of 2013. I started with a Hunter founder pack and then moved to Grand Master.

So the story goes like so many others on console, I was playing Destiny and was having a lot of fun. Then I hit a brick wall, then the dlc thing. At about the same time a friend was telling me about this free game with a huge learning curve. So after I did the usual thing u do on Destiny..raid, weekly, daily nightfall, I downloaded it right when Volt was Primed. The next day Destiny got sold and I've been playing WF ever since. 

I found the game as a free to play on my old Toshiba quite a few years back, when it first came out of closed beta. I was really young then and the hardware wasn't good enough so I dropped it. 

Then, when I got my PS4, it was the first game that I saw in the store. I vaguely remembered it and picked it up and played. 

And played and played and played... 

First three years ago I was captured by warframe style and parkour. I think it look quite similar to mass effect and I was looking for fast paced combat game. But the ui, limited revives(past system) and no sense of progression turn me down, love the gameplay though it is something that I can go back to just to kill some times.

Then a year ago while browsing utube I saw I think first total biscuits playing warframe then angry Joe and wow so many had changed so I revisited the game again. 

Edited by Avynire

i saw it from youtube someone recommended me watching it so i decide to play since it look nice gameplay and many warframe/weapon you can play/try each one to see what is fun or not.

My brother picked it up and eagerly played one day, and seeing the gameplay and aesthetic made me interested. After a little research and planning I made my own account. Now he already dropped it (he said he had his fun), and I'm still ongoing.

I first tried it way back in 2014 when a friend recommended me to try out Warframe. 

I tried it out and I got to enjoy it at first but I could not get a grip of it because I felt no sense of progression and it didn't get really get me hooked. I even assumed it would be just another one of those average MMO's where the best stuff is locked behind a pay wall. I them stopped after a while since my old college laptop couldn't keep up and my friend and I were too busy with college work. 

2 years later I totally forgot about the game, until I found a YouTube video (I forgot from who it was from) talking about Warframe and I surprised to that the game still existed but I was also curious to see the game was. 

Now that I had a PS4, I downloaded Warframe and was surprised with a lot of new things. Although at first I was playing a dumb rock overwhelmed by stuff like mods or how to even find Plastids to craft a Latron, but I have a new found love for the game because of how it rewards your time and effort spent, all the insane customizations possible that I thought no game could achieve, a fun way to blow things up when I discovered about blast damage procs and it made me wish I kept playing years ago. 

I even got my friend to play again... And he is also hooked in a similar way. 

My brother told me about Warframe when I had an old potato that barely ran it, in November 2013.

Sap story below if you need to know more...

Spoiler

Said potato died somewhere in 2014, and it wasn't 'til over a year later or so, that I could afford to build a new rig able to barely play Fallout 4, that also gave me a chance to get back into Warframe. So my problem was that I completely forgot what that first account was and simply made a new one (SATA / IDE, new Mobo issue). Had my Xbox stuff to hold me over as I saved money.

Hmm, maybe that old info is on that old IDE HD lying about? I've recently moved and saw an old HD I've kept for some reason. I still have a mess on my hands, so someday I might be able to dig that thing out of my mess and then afford the cable thingy to see what I have on it.

One can dream right?

I've seen it first time back when it was released, somewhere in 2013 when Loki was a starter. It was promoted a lot around my friends but never got myself to play it. As someone who's more of an open world RPG person myself, a lobby room game was a no go. During the time between when I first discovered it and now I have seen people mentioning this game often, I was always too lazy to look it up.

Until PoE is announced, along with someone posting Inaros 'Artorias cosplay' fanart in Dark Souls group. I've finally decided to try, and wow, it actually goes well with my taste in art designs and lore department. Open World or not, Warframe as of 2017 seems to break the genre of lobby game and blend RPG aspects into itself so well. :D

Edited by CenturionChild

Back in 2013 i was watching youtube and bored to hek until i saw an ad banner pop up called "Warframe" so i thought maybe this game will entertain me for a couple hours till the crappy cash grab is forcegame me.

2017 and over 2000 hours on it later.... 

It is an okay game.

The grinding in Destiny was starting to bore me and my brother recommended Warframe. Plat being accessible without actual money purchases was far better than Destiny's Silver currency. Unfortunately, I didn't know anyone else that played, so I uninstalled a day or so after starting.

A couple of months later, some twitch streamers I played Destiny with started streaming Warframe, so I redownloaded to play with them. Unfortunately, between my router dropping the ps4 and the ps4's horrible download speeds, I took about 3 days to download (about 14 hours total to complete the download). By then, the streamer stopped playing and uninstalled.

Stuck around cause I didn't have any better games to play. I'm not into CoD or any pvp games, but I really enjoy Shoot and Loot games like Destiny, Borderlands, and the ilk. I haven't played a different game in going on 3 months. Still don't have anyone to play with on the regular though, so between random "Hosting [this]." posts in guild or alliance chat, I don't play with much more than randoms.