Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did you get into Warframe?

BrokenBullet

When the game was in Closed Beta I stumbled across it while searching the keyword "Crysis", because Crysis is one of those games I easily sunk a bunch of hours into as I liked the concept of being in control of a powered suit and being the most badass individual ever.

With that mindset, one would assume my first warframe was Rhino, but it was actually Volt. I've always loved the concept of being able to harness electricity and Volt was ideal for that. I then got introduced to Ember shortly after and had abandoned Volt as my main because I liked her appearance and her abilities were fun as hell to use.

Edited by Trowicia

I got into it for a pretty simple reason. My friend told me that you played as Ninja's in space and that it was free.

For me I joined around August 2013, but I while I loved the game I didn't have enough time to commit to playing it that much. Skill Up's review has really made me want to play it more though. 

started playing the game dragged a friend to play with me got super far ahead and he quit after like a day then someone gave me a credit booster because i needed credits when i started so i farmed for credits a bunch because i didnt want to waste the time on the booster.

It was late 2013, and the game was one of the only Games on the PSN store. I tried the game for 20 minuets. And i can say i didn't have the best experience. The game on PS4 was very laggy, buggy, and it kept crashing. I played it for about 3 hours. Trying to figure out what im trying to accomplish, and go ahead to look for. I uninstalled the game. And (I hate to say this) But i went back to destiny and kept playing for about two more years. 

My story is rather simple. And a fun fact, today is my one year anniversary of playing Warframe! That and it's my birthday... So... Did this eclipse define my destiny or something? 

Last year, good old 2016, the middle of summer. I went over to a friend's house for the evening one Sunday after church. He told me about this game and asked his sister if I could use her account. She agreed. He got me set up even though I resisted quite a bit. I resisted, that is, until his sister said it was like ninjas in space. That got me interested quite a bit. 

We played for a bit and I sucked so bad. My friend revived me about 10 times per mission. That should give you some idea. Anyway, I got home and asked my dad what he thought. He looked at it for a while and said no.

I was depressed. The loss of playing this game was saddening. One night I was playing on Steam and my dad told me to get off for a minute while he used the computer. I was confused, but complied. I got on again and he'd closed Steam. I opened it back up and I noticed something downloading. I was overjoyed when I read that it said "Warframe".

So I asked my dad if I could play, but he said not until my birthday. So I waited until the following Sunday before getting started on my epic journey. 

My boyfriend in 2013 got it on Steam and spent £17 on something.

I laughed at him for 'spending money on a FTP game and buying colour palettes'

He put it down for 1.5years and then picked it up again and I did too....

A few Prime Access Packs later he now laughs at the above comment I made :cool:

Back before Destiny or The Division was even a thing, a gaming website had my attention and they brought up an article about the games beta opening on PC, so I checked it out with my PC account, but haven't really played for long, since there was too little to hold me. Then I saw Warframe being a launch title on PS4, and started playing the game again for 2 years. I had few long breaks here and there after the 2 years, but overall I've over 2000+ hours into the game and I'm really glad that I discovered this game long time ago and saw all the changes it has gone through. Not only the game, but also it's community has changed alot. Warframe don't appeals to all people and there are many that talk bad about the game outside of it. I can understand their perspective, but for me Warframe is alot more than what they see. The game goes constantly through huge changes, which I like and is the reason why I still play Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)InstantParty_030

bought PS4 in February 2014 and went to PSstore found it n become tenno around The Cicero Crisis event time but unfortunately didn't know there was event running.  I really didn't like the game at the first 50-150H or so but somehow I continued until this day and I'm da happy for it. Took some months off but I kept myself updated about the game and I'm still playing without stopping and all this because of the PS4 had no interesting games at the time for me and I'm thankful for it. 

Edited by (PS4)RedForce02

I was bored and looking for a new game when my friend showed me the Warframe, in the first month I took time to enjoy the game, playing sometimes, it's been a year and I don't know what it's to stay one day without playing .

Thank you so much Digital Extremes. and my friend

Dragged in March 2016 by friends because the game I was starting to get into - Firefall - was failing. (WTB Plains of Eidolon type areas that are properly multiplayer open world to get some of that FF feeling). Had a bad first impression but was prodded into sticking with it.

Here I still am, almost mr 24 (albeit taking regular breaks), having overtaken nearly all the folks in that friends group :p

friend of mine was in closed beta but said to stay away from it due to micro transactions. I was at pax east like 5 years ago and got handed a 75 plat coupon so I checked it out. started playing during the first Easter and got hooked. 2k houers on, and its still fun even if i hate myself.

Saw a couple of friends playing it on steam so I decided to check out its steam page. Was quickly discouraged because of all the guns (I'm more of an "old school bow and arrow" type of guy and it seemed like the guns would severely outclassed) so I decided that I won't be playing it at all.

Fast forward to like the middle of June 2015 when I saw a post on imgur with recommendations for F2P games and Warframe was on that list. Now the guy had used Frost P's image with the reaper prime and I thought to myself "Is that a scythe???". A quick wiki dig and I got on my way to grinding for all scythes in the game and a Nekros.

I believe it was way back when that I got a new laptop after my Xbox 360 kicked the bucket, I was still hyped up on hack and slash games like Metal Gear Rising and Killer is Dead. I was browsing Steam when they finally opened up the F2P section and had Warframe listed, I thought "This game looks too much for my laptop but Ill give it a swing." Soon, I was blown outta my mind to see what it was and never let go. Soon learning about how the devs were so devoted on working on the game and introducing new things (Yes, I like Archwing, gets my blood pumping when you get the right butt rock playing) I hoped my friends would try it back when it released on Xbox One but... Destiny came.

My girlfriend had broken up with me and I was having a lot of personal issues at the time. I needed something to occupy my time so I searched for time consuming games and found one. Fell in love almost instantly.

Edited by Nidus_

I got into Warframe twice actually. Once when I got my first gaming PC and decided to join Steam. I saw it was a Free To Play and the tag line "NINJAS PLAY FREE" was amusing. I played as MAG and started running around E.Prime, I think it was... when it was a Ship tile set not a jungle. It was fun, but I realise I didn't like PC gaming after all.

When I got a PS4 I saw Warframe was on there too, I played around 100 hours as Saryn (purchased with platinum) then just played other things. But the Second time I got into it was more recently, they said that Playstation Plus subscriptions were going up in price and for a while I was butthurt about it. So in protest I turned to the games that don't require a subscription to play them on PS4. DCUniverse Online and Warframe were the ones I knew of. Upon returning to Warframe I saw it was really updated from the days where I'd spam General Vor over and over for a Seer's Pistol, thinking it was brilliant.

Anyway, now I'm mastery level 8, when before I didn't know how to even fill the bar. I'm having fun... and to think this game was here all along on PS4 ¬_¬