Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons Getting Non-Prime as Skin

Sushiblade99

So something I've wished for a while is that, as far as skins go, weapons would work the same as warframes. When you get a prime warframe, you also get the skin and helmet of the non-prime warframe as skins and helmets for cosmetic use. But when you get a prime weapon, you get no skin. I think a pretty cool addition to the game would be the ability to get the non-prime version our of primed weaps as skins. I would LOVE to use the normal Paris skin on my Paris Prime, among other weapons. I know it's minor, but it's something I think a lot of players would appreciate.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, Condeangel said:

Yeah. Paris, Burston, etc. There are some weapons that look better vanilla than primed. And i think warframes can equip normal skins (at least the helmets. Skins should be added if they are not available yet), so why not for weapons too?

And some vanilla skins look better primed without the extra stuff.

How about you get the Non-Primed skin from having Mastered the Non-Primed version of the weapon?

That way there's some extra motivation (Besides Mastery Rank points) to going out and building the base variant if you manage to snag the Prime version first; and you don't just automatically get it - there's (some) 'unlock' work involved.

This could be expanded to include any 'lesser' version of the weapon - say, Basic < Dex < Prime or whatever variants are available.