Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #97!

[DE]Rebecca

It’s time for a classic Devstream!  

Join us this Friday August 18th for Devstream #97.

Who:  Rebecca and the crew (minus Geoff)! 

What:  As the Plains of Eidolon grow and form behind the scenes, we’re back on the couch to talk a bit about what’s brewing here at DE but also answer your current Warframe questions! We’ll talk about our goals with the Plains of Eidolon update, our plans for how current Warframe fits into them, and more! 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, August 18th at 2 p.m ET!  

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on August 18th!   

• Like 18

Are these ever getting fixed?

Cycuta Prime sigil from Saryn Prime Access (and the Velorum Prime from Nova Prime Access, and even FOUNDER Sigils) still aren't properly metallic, contrary to Update 21 patch notes.

The textures on this cosmetic have been broken for almost a year AT LEAST.

v3JQ1ug.png

- Any chance for Hydroid to surf on the Kraken as his Tidal wave?
(more active role of the Kraken would also be nice, like dealing slash damage with its jaws if surfing the KRaken would be a thing, or munch an enemy from time to time during tentacle swarm, it could result in producing a health orb)

- Could it be possible for Hydroid Tentacle swarm to hold and squeeze in place enemies instead of flailing them around?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TheDarkStarChimaera said:

Are these ever getting fixed?

Cycuta Prime sigil from Saryn Prime Access (and the Velorum Prime from Nova Prime Access, and even FOUNDER Sigils) still aren't properly metallic, contrary to Update 21 patch notes.

The textures on this cosmetic have been broken for almost a year AT LEAST.

v3JQ1ug.png

This is currently being worked on, just no ETA on fix right now!

Ooooh, I always learn SO MUCH, from a live DEvstream. - DEvstream? No no no, that sounds... too mundane. This stream will be... enlightening. A QUIZSTREAM!

PLAINS OF EIDOLON HYPE IS GO!

Will there be Public Matchmaking for Plains of Eidolon, or will it be private all the time, like Derelicts?

Will old resources serve any purpose in Cetus? I know you guys want to move past players having all the necessary resources immediately when launching new items (Mirage, Javlok, Hema, Argon Crystal and Nitain Extract all enforce this) and I support new resources in the form of gathered materials.

How will gathering new resources and materials in a squad work? Marking something is useful in normal missions, but seeing my friend 2km away marking a resource is... not so helpful.

Will we be able to use our Titan/Distilling Extractors to any effect in Plains of Eidolon?

Will we be able to check our inventory in the field in Plains of Eidolon? While we don't need to know how many Latron Prime Stocks we have on Sorties, going on a gathering run in the Plains would involve too much note-taking, memory or guesswork without a way to track crafting materials.

Will there be a reason to or not to stay together when farming? My friends and I tend to explore our own paths until an objective requires all of our collective attention. (Boss fight hype!)

Will we get to see any Syndicate quests or interactions in Cetus or the Plains of Eidolon?

Will there be any friendly (not just non-hostile!) NPCs in the Plains of Eidolon? Getting quests in Cetus is cool, but randomly generated tasks in the Plains with minor rewards would be more functional, as I would imagine there's more fun to be had AWAY from town, rather than near it. Adventuring away from the gates should be rewarding, interactive and fun!

On the topic of Friendly units and quests, will the Morality System see a use in the Plains of Eidolon update?

Will many quests be repeatable? Please, I'd like to have repeatable quests that DO NOT have daily lockout timers. An hour or two cooldown for a quest should be plenty. Being a Veteran player with all available equipment maxed means I have little direction when I play.

Will trading be available to players in Cetus? If any of the new resources or materials can be traded, it would be better to localize trade than bogging down Trade Chat, or relying on third party sites like warframe.market to make frequent trades.

Will we be able to do Foundry crafting in Cetus? Going back to the ship to craft Fishing Spears and Archwing deployables could be quite tedious.

Will there be any exchangeable rare items akin to Ayatans and Syndicate Medallions in the Plains? Checking obscure locations for something rare would add to the adventure aspect of the massive Landscape. (Not just Scan-and-Dones like Cephalon Fragments and Kurias!)

Will we have any reason (outside quests) to raid Grineer outposts/fortifications?

Will there be any reason to use Stealth in the Plains of Eidolon?

We saw Archwings being used with normal weapons, (Love it!) but will there be a way to use normal Archwing Weapons higher into the Atmosphere, far enough to be ineffectual to units on the ground?

We saw Grineer leaving the Plains on a dropship looking vehicle. Can we sabotage these vehicles before nighttime, or destroy them to leave a group of Grineer stranded to fight the Sentients in a panic? I think it would add to the ambience of the Plains.

Will there be a tribute to Founders in Cetus, like there are in Relays? Or perhaps an easter egg/shrine discoverable in the Plains?

Is there anything more you can tell us about the Eidolon boss?

If Plains of Eidolon is still a ways away from release, can we get a sort of 'Progress Report' forum thread that details current issues, bugs and features that still need to be addressed?

FUTURE LANDSCAPES HYPE!

Earth is the first planet players play on, and so Plains of Eidolon is sort of Yin-and-Yang, trying to balance New Player Daytime, while also being the first Landscape and trying to appeal to Veteran player's Nighttime. This is a difficult balance, but necessary. Will future planet's Landscapes, such as Pluto or even as early as Mars or Ceres, be more difficult, catered to Veteran players?

After the work that has gone into Plains of Eidolon, do you think it will be easier, by comparison, to make future Landscapes?

Most planets are currently run by the Grineer, while the Corpus mostly control Gas Giants, and the infested seem to only hold Eris. Will there be another shift to the Starchart, or will these factions have much fewer Landscapes?

BONUS ROUND!

Care to tell us anything about the Set Mods? We've only seen Augur Message, but it's stirred quite the debate.

Will Rivens still only be available from Sorties in the forseeable future?

Where would you say Trials lie on the Development/Bugfixing Radar? On that same note, will Arcanes always remain Trials Exclusive?

When can we expect to see the next line of Warframe Ability Augments?

• Like 3

Is a new Dual Sword Stance planned?

The first weapon balancing was mostly primary, when will secondaries/melee be balanced?

Any news on the sentient carrier thingy you showed in a Devstream a while ago?

Any news on another deluxe skin?

Will there be more syndicate weapons?

Any news on the Orokin Razor Fan? http://i.imgur.com/dG2EIij.png

Any news on the Pump Action Shotguns? Tenno and Corpus?

Can Focus be added to the Arsenal?

Can Arcanes be added to the Arsenal instead of being forced on a syandana?

Any plans on allowing Archwing Mission to be fissures, so the entire planet of uranus can be used for fissure missions?

Are there any plans for a catch-up-system for login days, for example, login 10 consecutive days, get 1 day extra. Limit of days would be limit of days Warframe is live.

Will long endless run be more rewarding? e.g. the 2nd B Rotation reward rewards 2 B Rotation Reward, or the 3rd B Rotation, maybe that is more balanced?

Questions for Dev Team

1.  At TennoCon 2017 I had asked Lucas and Sean at the Weapons Breakdown panel about the idea of Prime Noggles and they both liked the idea. Any updates on them for the future?

2.  What happened to the Nemesis system? Is it still coming out and if so can we get an eta? Also, will it integrate with Plains of Eidolon?

3.  Can we get the ability to buy our custom Clan and Alliance emblems as Glyphs? Also, would it be possible to be able to equip multiple Glyphs at once in your gear slots?

4.  Any chance we could get an option to set a Syndicate as your primary so when you get a Syndicate Medallion as a log in reward, it goes to the one that would benefit you the most?

5. Can we get the ability to customize the Archwing controls separately from the other types of control schemes. Also it would be great if there was a button to roll in Archwing.

6. Any chance we could ever get a catch-up mechanic for the daily login rewards? Even if it cost plat my buddy would gleefully pay since he couldn't play for a year and a half due to in real life complications.

Thanks for making the best game of all time! 

P.S. - You guys should definitely do an event in Pennsylvania sometime! 

Edited by (PS4)Dethfuse
P.s.

1. There is a overall consensus among players that hydroid rework is not effective but showy. To get the same if not only similar effect before the rework Hydroid user have to charge the casted skills.(only underflow is there where is should be)

What other plans do you have to work over the rework of hydroid ?

2. Its lame that even Agents of mayhem have a Gatling gun while Warframe don't ;/

3. My settings are one of the lowest ... Why its so friking dark on earth ?!

1 hour ago, tocorro said:

- Any chance for Hydroid to surf on the Kraken as his Tidal wave?

You called, my friend ?!

Edited by Kracken

While Hydroid's latest rework has aimed to make him more 'fun' and 'exotic' by reviving interest in Undertow, it has done little to tackle many of his ongoing issues as a frame; most of his kit still lacks scaling without augments, his 4 still makes it difficult to target enemies, all four of his abilities use all three power stats, his 1 and 4 are both unreliable, and his passive is literally just a weaker clone of his ultimate.
While it would be premature to say you're ever "done", how much farther do you intend to take the Hydroid rework before Hydroid Prime's release?

Plains of Eidolon has a lot of players excited to use Sniper rifles again, but many of the underlying issues remain. The innate time limit on the current combo system encourages players to line up shots quickly rather than accurately, which works against the design of Sniper weapons. Likewise, the current accuracy penalties to hip-firing and "realistic" sway while aiming make them more painful to use than other rifles in all other tilesets. Will we see them reworked to accompany PoE, and how?

Energy drains are massively effective against players. However, because energy draining has no effect against enemies, Magnetic damage is considered to have the weakest status effect of all moddable damage types, while Red Veil Charger Eximus Specters (who can only be summoned as Parasites) provide no benefit to players. Might we be able to see an impact from draining an enemy's energy in the future, so as to make these effects as useful to players as they are against us?

The “Hold X to self-Revive” mechanic appeases players who wanted the ability to die without being saved, but the big text in the center of the screen fools new players into wasting their personal Revives by thinking they’re contributing to their own revival. Are more UI changes coming to emphasize that it’s not the intended use?

Imagine this everyday scenario for Tenno:
Your Sentinel is your only source of Vacuum; without it, you spend the entire mission staring at the floor. When your Sentinel dies, the only way to get it back is to die and spend a Revive.
As developers, how can you address this scenario?

The in-game descriptions for Oberon's abilities do not mention important facets of his kit like the interactions between Hallowed Ground and his other abilities, the bonus damage Reckoning receives from Radiation, the bleedout buff for Renewal, etc. As a result, many players are unaware of the full breadth of his abilities and must use out-of-game resources to inform themselves; his Warframe Profile video still hasn’t even been updated. Is there any concern that Oberon's execution may be too complex?

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

What exactly is the point of allowing Volt to pick up Electric Shield if it costs him extra energy to move while active? It directly penalizes the synergy it creates with Speed, and actively discourages charging his passive.
Simultaneously, do you have any plans to update Discharge? The damage cap on the ability means it can burn out almost as quickly as it is cast, especially in a large crowd or against armored targets. His lack of scaling means Volt still isn’t a “potent alternative to gunplay”.

In your last Reddit AMA about 2 years ago, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Players allied with New Loka/Perrin Sequence have no means to obtain the Large Shield Restore blueprint. Would there be a neutral way in the future to increase the availability of this Restore?

Akvasto Prime: When?

Edited by Archwizard
  • Like 1

Ember's Deluxe skin hasn't been mentioned since its reveal in December 2016. Unlike Mag's, it was never confirmed in a recent stream to be on the backburner, but will be worked on. Is it still planned to be released?

Edited by LazerSkink

DevStream Questions

1. What improvements are planned to retain veteransafter they've acquired all the loot they want? Gameplay needs more interactivity, less bullet sponge and knockdown spam. Getting loot shouldn't be the only reason to do anything (returning to reworked tilesets, it should just be fun to return, not arg I have to return because they put a piece of loot there but otherwise I wouldn't). I may be burning out again…
    2. Would it be possible to use a skin to customize a sword and shield's sword keeping the shield from the stock appearance or the shield from a sword and shield skin? I'd love it if I could use the Frysta sword skin with an Aegis Prime shield. 
    3. Like the DotD Silva & Aegis skin has the skull thing, would it be possible to apply a sigil or emblem to a sword and shield weapon?
    4. Would it be possible to apply sigils and emblems to our Archwings? Instead of front and back, sigils could be top of left and right wings.
    5. Original shoulder armor option on the rest of the primes that have shoulder armor? Primes of Banshee, Oberon, etc?   (Thanks for getting Volt!)
    6. No shoulder armor option for every original and Prime frame with shoulder armor? Or do they need a deluxe skin first?
        a. Original Oberon has had this since Feyarch
        b. Frost Prime has it as of Harka
        c. but NOT Banshee Prime with Soprano (last I checked anyway)
    7. Can there be a chance after an Earth mission for the rodent shown in Devstream 93 to hitchhike its way onto your orbiter and run around, make noises, get chased, played with, or eaten by your pet, and have Ordis complain about it? Could remove or prevent rodent infestation with a crafted trap or something.
    8. Will ancient and scorpion hooks ever be fixed? Currently they pull off a lot of impossible things. Hitting targets behind them, behind solid cover, targets that change direction after the throw animation, and can throw hooks at Tenno they have never been aware of while they are blinded.
    9. A new ingame way to get Dual Ether Daggers

• Like 2

hello!!!! Glad to have you guys back on the couch again.

1) Will we be able to get more appearance tabs? There's more tennogen content I'd like to purchase but with only three appearance tabs per frame, I have not bought anymore (tennogen) since I dont want to lose the current appearances I've set up for my frames. because #fashionframe.

2) How is shield-gating going? Can a simplified version of what it is and its progress be given?

3) How is the new frame going?

4) Are there any plans being worked on to diversify the ways of farming kuva?

Edited by Church002
clarity

Forgive the edit,wanted the spot :D

May I ask what happened to the so called "Nemesis-like clan kingpin"system that was in works?Have it been completely scrapped,or is it just one of the many increasing in number tasks ahead of DE?

...May we see some Operator love,such as handshakes and pet interactions with their "growth" in PoE?

...Also,bird companions,I believe that the answer was that it's "desired to happen"?Could you shed some light,if it's not too much of me to ask?

...We all love ya' DE!Go team!

Edited by UnknownCoffeeRebel

Been in love with warframe, been sinking my teeth into it, and they're still sinking in as I try to learn more and more. Beautiful work, you guys!

- Are still weapons coming out for this month while we wait for the PoE update?

- Once weapon crafting is released, will new releases start including weapon parts?

- Can we have a walking toggle of some kind? I wanna pull a terminator and just strut while waving the shotgun (pump-action ones too)

- What kind of boundaries will the Plains have? Will there be invisible walls, or will we just respawn nearby?

- You're gonna hide some creepy stuff in the plains, aren't you?

- Any chance of mounts (or maybe even other vehicles) coming with other open maps in the future?

- When will we be able to fully explore our Orbiter? I feel like it is so much bigger than our HUB makes it seem.

- Any chance we'd ever get to use a heavy shield like the shield lancers. Always been a fan of the Lance and Shield combo

Edited by RavingRoman

I got 3 questions.

1. Are trials like "The Law of Retribution" and "The Jordas Verdict" are going to be reworked with better visuals and with better level design (also with less bugs)?

2. What is the current progress of Mag, Ember and Zephyr Deluxe skins?

3. Is the new charged-throw melee system going to be expanded to melee only mode (equipping only the glaive while not carrying both secondary and primary weapons)?

Edited by Rob12772