Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #97!

[DE]Rebecca

With all the changes made this update, I got a few questions I'd like to ask.

1. Will other melee weapons be duel-wielded with secondaries, like long swords, daggers, machetes or whips?

2. With the addition of punch through and damage falloff ranges now shown in a weapons stats, will other stats be shown, such as flight speed, pellet count or range on certain weapons like the Glaxion, Flux Rifle or Ignis?

3. With many secondaries getting buffed this update and several primaries buffed last update, will this continue to the melee weapons? Seeing some of the lesser used weapon types like Dual Daggers getting some extra love would be nice for diversity.

4. Just how many types of weapons do you have planned for us Tenno to create in the Plains of Eidolon? I know I've seen swords, staves, pole arms and even machetes forged, but is there others or is it just those four?

Question: Is DE planning on testing the Plains of Eidolon with Controllers on PC before releasing PoE to the wild?

Controllers have always been treated poorly by big new releases (see the lack of ability to use Transference via controller in The War Within's first 3 days of launch), so I'd like to know if there are actual plans on having the PoE be playtested with a controller before launch. A single dev on controller should have picked up the issues it had in TWW, and I'd like to make sure that we don't have more issues like this happeneing yet again.

I would like to see the outside of the Orbiter HAS PROMISSED BY REBECCA AT TENNOCON!

Also, I know Warframe is not "Raid Oriented", but because you did Raids yesterday I would like to know if you pretend to have some in-game information about them? Let me explain:

"Destiny" is comming at the end of his life with the introduction of "Destiny2" and I was reading some stastistics about it and noticed that only about HALF of all Destiny players actually play(ed) Raids. And the problems are the same has in Warframe: no information, no tutorial, have to relly on others for help/teach, need to search outside game, need a clan/group, etc. Altough Warframe (at least) has matchmaking, I was wondering how many players (number/percental) 'actually' play Raids in Warframe? And are you looking at ways to make it more 'welcoming'?

Any chance you'll add code or an option in settings to stop toasters and/or users with bad internet connections from being hosts? 

It really ruins the gaming experience when you get stuck with a host that has a ping of 1 second or in come cases 2 seconds, especially when you have your the min ping at 300ms in your settings.

Are you planning on reworking ember's world on fire (and to a lesser extent equinox maim) to 'reduce' the press 4 to win mentality?  The current way a majority of people play ember (and I have these builds available too) on the starmap is to build around world on fire and just run through most of the star map levels with world on fire doing it's autokill which basically makes the rest of squad pointless. 

Edited by LSG501

On 8/17/2017 at 7:07 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

It’s time for a classic Devstream!  

Join us this Friday August 18th for Devstream #97.

Who:  Rebecca and the crew (minus Geoff)! 

What:  As the Plains of Eidolon grow and form behind the scenes, we’re back on the couch to talk a bit about what’s brewing here at DE but also answer your current Warframe questions! We’ll talk about our goals with the Plains of Eidolon update, our plans for how current Warframe fits into them, and more! 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Oberon Prime Access! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, August 18th at 2 p.m ET!  

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on August 18th!   

k, got some suggestions and questions.

1: Can we have a larger and better simulacrum? Right now I have a lot of problems where enemies being pushed/fall off the edge. Would love a bigger area. Also, can you possibly add a UI/menu that allows you to stack and add-on different buffs from mods to Arcane's to abilities? I would love to play around with adding lots of different buffs even if some are impossible to get and stack (also allow us to edit the durations of these buffs)

2: Ok, I know this has been asked before, I've even asked this, but what can POSSIBLY come after PoE? Every time you release something amazing, I always ask myself: What could come next, there's nothing as amazing and fantastic as what we now have. And then you guys bring out an open world and as of right now, I cannot think past that. I cannot think of something bigger and better than that. What could you possibly bring to tennocon 2018 that is going to shock us so much because we didn't expect it?

3: This is more of a company question. Do you guys do international internships? I am currently doing a bachelor of computer and info sciences and majoring in software development and would absolutely love to do an internship in my last year (2 years from now), work with you guys and live in Canada but I am not from Canada, is DE willing to do an international internship with a die hard fan of DE?

Edited by Arniox

On 8/17/2017 at 7:13 AM, Aceofgods said:

Will there be any exchangeable rare items akin to Ayatans and Syndicate Medallions in the Plains? Checking obscure locations for something rare would add to the adventure aspect of the massive Landscape. (Not just Scan-and-Dones like Cephalon Fragments and Kurias!)

Would love if missions/secret hidden places also had exclusive skins and cosmetics. I really want stuff like kf2's weekly skins and cosmetics. I would love if there was some sort of weekly mission in the plains that gives exclusive skins (never a weapon, that just causes problems) but skins :P

On 8/17/2017 at 7:13 AM, Aceofgods said:

If Plains of Eidolon is still a ways away from release, can we get a sort of 'Progress Report' forum thread that details current issues, bugs and features that still need to be addressed?

would love if DE was more transparent with current updates and progress. Like AFTER they show off something (so there are no spoilers revealed) they start doing a progress report with notes added and bugs that are created and then fixed. I think it would be so awsome.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:15 AM, (PS4)Dethfuse said:

Questions for Dev Team

1.  At TennoCon 2017 I had asked Lucas and Sean at the Weapons Breakdown panel about the idea of Prime Noggles and they both liked the idea. Any updates on them for the future?

2.  What happened to the Nemesis system? Is it still coming out and if so can we get an eta? Also, will it integrate with Plains of Eidolon?

3.  Can we get the ability to buy our custom Clan and Alliance emblems as Glyphs? Also, would it be possible to be able to equip multiple Glyphs at once in your gear slots?

4.  Any chance we could get an option to set a Syndicate as your primary so when you get a Syndicate Medallion as a log in reward, it goes to the one that would benefit you the most?

5. Can we get the ability to customize the Archwing controls separately from the other types of control schemes. Also it would be great if there was a button to roll in Archwing.

6. Any chance we could ever get a catch-up mechanic for the daily login rewards? Even if it cost plat my buddy would gleefully pay since he couldn't play for a year and a half due to in real life complications.

Thanks for making the best game of all time! 

P.S. - You guys should definitely do an event in Pennsylvania sometime! 

or New Zealand. No one ever comes down here. It's always America or Europe or Asia, never New Zealand. Games even go to Australia, but does no one remember little old us? :P

Riven Mods

• Since you've implemented «Combo duration» and «Critical stats on Slide Attack» on melee rivens (which, in my opinion, was a mistake that makes situation around Meme Maiming Strike worse), do you plan to add stats like «Range» (beam weapons), «Corrupted faction damage», «Accuracy», «Firestorm / Fulmination», «Harkonar Scope», maybe even «Thunderbolt / Concealed Explosives»?

I assume if it works this way: Riven [ Bane of Grineer (addresses to 'Bane of Grineer' mod entry)  Fire Rate (addresses to 'Speed Trigger' mod entry)  ], then there's no need to create unique entries since the needed ones already exist.

• Will you address the lack of sub- types & classes (starter and continuous weapons disposition) for disposition? For example, Aklex Prime: the regular version suffered the dispo change due to its Prime version being superior and too powerful to get stronger disposition. It doesn't make sense. Why not make a "Prisma/Prime/Vandal/Wraith/Mara" sub-types instead with their own disposition?
  • Most of the issues are meant to be solved, but will Riven Capacity ones be adressed and, if so, in what way? One of official statements (before 60 capacity) said:
On 15.11.2016 at 2:04 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice.

But let's be honest, 15 mods capacity or 60 with nearly 300 weapons (and plus the new ones we're constantly keep getting), doesn't matter, because with the existence of any limitations you will aim for the best possible result (will I keep a Riven that allows to reach 100% Status chance on a shotgun as well as increasing the damage, or will I keep a Riven that increases ammo reserve and recoil?). Another example of «creavity and choice» and non-completed Riven system -- Tiberon. The weapon has 5% Critical chance and 2.5% Status chance, what choice can be made in this case, if the only acceptable riven stats would be: Damage, multishot, elemental damage and faction damage?

Continuous weapons

• When their state is going to be addressed and do you have any plans for continuous weapons overhaul? Do you consider moving back to original Damage 1.0 for continuous weapons aka damage per ammo consumed (it seems like Operator's Void Beam and Arc-traps working the old way), or making their own mods, because sharing the Rifle mods don't help that much. Firearms can deal status per bullet's hit while the continous weapons are limited to dealing both damage and status per second.

Slash procs ignoring Shield when it's not depleted.

• Another weakness of the Shield that currently makes them obsolete. The purpose of the Shield is, to absorb, redirect or deflect the shot stopping it from damaging your Health. But if we get hit while the Shield is not depleted, then our Shield doesn't do its job at all, does it? Will this awkward moment be addressed with or without Shield Gate update?

Pure Status mods

(15-30% Status mods like Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Sure Shot, Melee Prowess).

• Currently, the situation is way too similar to Damage 1.0 with its rainbow builds, the only difference now is, that in order to get high Status chance we have to put up to 4 dual stats mods for +240% Status-% ending up with up to 3 elemental combinations along with physical damage. There's no way it encourages modding, it's just another mandatory situation. And let's be honest the Riven system shouldn't be an excuse since it's been said the Rivens aren't must have and you can play without them just fine.

Will you increase them up to 90% at the increased energy cost to be elemental mods counterpart? 11 energy cost with 90% Status-% like any other 90% elemental mod, I mean, we do have 90% elementals and dual stat mods that cut these 90% to 60% so it would make sense if the pure status mods had 90%, too.

Gore, dismemberment and Damage 3.0

• Do you have any plans of implementing a local damage system for Damage 3.0 similar to Fallout series?

Crippling the head reduces enemy's accuracy.

Crippling the arms reduces enemy's melee damage and accuracy with a chance to drop the weapon (in WF they could use one-handed sidearm, unless both arms are crippled).

Crippling the torso reduces enemy's stagger resistance with a chance to get knocked down.

Crippling the legs reduces enemy's mobility and speed.

Now, many players think there's not enought gore or gore was nerfed, but seeing how you guys implemented a dual wield system, do you think you could also implement a live dismemberment system? No words can describe it, so here's a vid:

Spoiler

Individual extraction from Excavation and Survival missions

• Is it possible to implement it in the end? This is something the players were asking from the first days of Survival mission being added. There are many reasons why you can't just abort the mission or close the game via Alt-F4, or when something happens when you're on the mission. Two recent threads with points:

• Like 2