Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #97!

[DE]Rebecca

If questions can be asked, here are a few i had for a while.

1. While it seems you are taking big steps in terms of lore with Plains of Eidolon, will that also including expanding the presentation of the Tenno as a faction?

Currently we only have a kind of tunnel vision when it comes to the Tenno, since all we can see is "The hero" from the quests, Ordis and our mission givers. In terms of story we have very little info on how Tenno interact, are organized or even if they are all on the same page.

2. Are permanent Tenno NPCs (as in actual Ten Zero kids) possible or will the Lotus remain the only leader character for them in foreseable future?

3. During the cinematic quests, the "Hero" Tenno is having quite an impact on the Warframe universe. Will we ever learn how the "common" Tenno experienced these events like The Second Dream or The War Within?

4. After Plains of Eidolon or maybe even before it. Are there currently any plans for new Tilset for old planets like Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Sedna or Pluto?

5. While exotic or weird weapons are always welcome. Are there any more old fashioned or archaic weapons (ranged or melee) that we can look forward to. Besides the pump action shotgun.

6. Any chance you could do a "making of" kind of page, showing how Warframe evolved since alpha? Or at least add a bit more concept art to the codex?

Edited by Othergrunty

Is there any thoughts of looking into void trace rewards from picking up reactant. In the current system it's required to pick up 10 items but you can rewarded with as little as 6. Can there be a slight change either drop the reactant required to 5 or increase the minimum trace reward to 10 as it is slightly demoralizing to get less rewarded than you had to pick up 

Any updates on how you are going to approach enemy levels so that new and old players can both enjoy PoE. Having night time be for the veterans is an awesome design, but it would be awesome if there was some higher level content for veterans during the day. 

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we’re back on the couch to talk a bit about what’s brewing here at DE but also answer your current Warframe questions! We’ll talk about our goals with the Plains of Eidolon update, our plans for how current Warframe fits into them, and more!

PoE or aka Open-World with large scale map, so as a recent Hydroid revisited you guys force us to works around his puddle with turtle moving speed (or combined with Tidal Surge with 50 cost but half range and speed) how do Hydroid will fit into PoE then?

Hydroid is one of my favorite warframes thematically but is one of my least favorite to play (even after this 'Revisit'), and a lot of other people feel the same way. Can there seriously be an ability overhaul on Hydroid instead of putting 'band aids' on his current abilities. Most of the people who have played Hydroid think his 3 is the worst ability in his kit (its been a meme since he was created), yet it was decided to make the rest of his kit synergize around this not-so-useful ability. Is there any plans to remove this ability, because now it just makes him a shepherd of enemies which doesnt seem like a lot of fun in a very fast paced shooting game.

Can we separate arcanes from cosmetics? It is a bit of extra steps to have to distill an arcane and then reinstall them everytime I want to change syandana or helmets. Perhaps a slot on the upgrade menu (not tied to mod capacity) that can take the place of this. Similar to wearing rings in the inventory menu of the Diablo series.

5 questions. 

1. What is the status on the return of the Braton and Lato Vandal?  

2. What are your plans so far for crewed ships that you demoed so far back Steve?  

3. How long will it be before you go back and smooth over the lore in between the major and minor quests and make Teshin play a more central role earlier on, possibly by making him give the rankup tests?

4. How long before you redo the current relic and vault system and the current kuva siphon system, as the number of vaulted relics is greater than the number of obtainable ones, and the kuva siphon system is very clunky? 

5. What landscape do you think you will do next, provided the Plains of Eidolon pan out properly?

Edited by WarOverlord

Wait, so you're not showing off more PoE (is that what "behind the scenes" implies)? Pity, if so. Are you guys going to at least answer some more substantive questions about Plains of Eidolon this time, instead of ignoring most PoE questions? Because I'd like to know how much substance there will be to Plains of Eidolon. And I'd like to know if we'll have things to do in the Plains beyond just completing Ostron quests, fishing, weapon crafting, and fighting Eidolons.

Here were my questions from the last devstream that I hope you'll answer this time:

Will there be roving Grineer foot and air patrols (Dargyns and Ogmas)?

Will there be Grineer convoys moving around the Plains that serve as dynamic side missions?

Will there be Ostron settlers in the Plains doing things like fishing and hunting?

Will there be different-sized Grineer military bases in the Plains (combat outposts, forward operating bases, and forts)?

Will there be a friendly oppositional force to the Grineer (such as Steel Meridian and New Loka) fighting them in the Plains?

Will there be any kind of reinforcements system in the Plains (where Grineer will call for foot and air reinforcements to assist them)

Will there be any kind of alert/notoriety system in the Plains (such as the notoriety system in the AC games or the Unidad alert system in Ghost Recon Wildlands)?

Will there be non-archwing vehicles (Dargyns and Ogmas to start) that we can hop into and pilot in the Plains?

Will there be whole weapons and weapon parts that we can find in the environment?

Will there be a rarity tier to weapon parts that we find in the environment (e.g. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary)?

Will contract and side missions be multi-objective?

Will we be able to use our sentinels, and possibly even kubrows/kavats, as reconnaissance drones to recon an area?

Will we be able to use our scanners as binoculars to identify capture/assassination targets?

Will we be seeing an improvement to base movement animations (motion capture to make them smoother and more realistic) in order to improve the feel of free roam before or with PoE's launch?

Will we see any expansion of base gameplay mechanics (such as going prone, having night vision, and using grenades)?

What open world games have you drawn inspiration from when it comes to designing Plains of Eidolon? Have you considered drawing inspiration from games such as Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid V, and/or Ghost Recon Wildlands? I think these games (especially GRW and MGSV) have features that would be good for Plains of Eidolon and future open landscapes.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

also, on the hydroid rework, as it seems to be a hot topic, please do not remove puddle, just make it go much faster and carry enemies with it at a capped amount. It adds a great "Oh crap" button that could save his life. And also, please increase the casting speed of all of his abilities. I know you guys have been getting a lot of crap about his revisit, but I think it did one of the most important things a rework does: Make him relevant.

How do the developers deal with dilution of drops in the long run? Two quick examples:

1. On the official drop table page (link) there are many items with "Beyond Legendary (Under Review)" drop rates. What does the review entail?
2. When looking at the 3 available Trial missions, it's easy to see that The Law of Retribution (Normal) is heavily diluted compared to the others. What prompts the devs to revist drop tables like these?

Heyyy DE : what about STEALTH ?!! Will you please, PLEASE, take a look at the state of Stealth (actual Stealth, not "press a key to be invisible") in your Space ninja game? Especially when we know that Plains of Eidolon might benefit from it? (Night gameplay etc)

• Mirage's Eclipse works & proves that a light/shadow mechanic exists ingame, right? Why don't you make us able to use it to our advantage? Basically,Enemies vision cones are reduced when looking towards darkness. (By half or something, so it'll make Stealth way more intuitive & immersive)
  • In addition to a light/shadow mechanic that is already present , it'd be awesome if we were able to shoot/destroy the lights. That'd make stealth even more relevant & lights breaking suddenly would be a good way to distract enemies that witness it! :)
  • Gunblades are currently the only weapons we can't silence(even ruking SHOTGUNS can be silenced). Will you do something about it, like adding a Hush mode for gunblades?
  • The Stealth multiplier needs a bit of work too : it takes extreme patience to land a fully stealthy mission, and it's not a racing experience.( not every stealth player is an everytime-invisible-Loki) Could it be possible to increase the timer's duration or something that rewards the fact of being quiet, instead of the fact of speedrunning "quietly"?  
  • Talking about rewards : a stealthy run takes about twice the time of a normal mission, yet after 20 minutes of avoiding visual contact & alarms, all we get is a pat on the back. Will you address this to give more incentive for being actual space ninja? (example : rare items in containers or reinforced storage that remains unlocked if no alarm is raised, an achievement for the amount of missions completed without raising alarms)
  • Moar Spy rooms plz? 

This is the first video that comes up on Youtube when you type "Warframe Stealth". I'd be dreaming with my eyes wide open if it was an efficient & rewarding gameplay. I hope you'll understand the feeling of the tenno who enjoy your game like this.

Older stuff that could be interesting in your game :

I've been playing 4 long years to be a space ninja. I hope we'll see that clearly represented in Warframe.

Edited by unknow99

While we wait for Warframe Revisits, what are the chances of getting smaller tweaks here and there for other frames? There are a number of abilities that only need some small QoL buffs, or maybe even number tweaks to put them in a more comfortable spot. It's frustrating having to wait for their revisit to come around for them to get any changes. 

For example, the community unanimously agrees on certain issues with Titania; such as her energy pool is too low. Or with Wukong, his Iron Jab's range and width being too short. Nezha's Blazing Chakram heal range having too small of a radius. 

Please, can we try doing some balance passes on frames more often, rather than just nerfing a huge exploit, or waiting until a frame's revisit

General Questions:

• With Plains of Eidolon arriving, are you planning to rework the tutorial and introduction? It's convoluted as is and hard to get into. See TeftyTeft/Skill Up/iFlynn.
  • Is there a general consensus at DE against a full (Excalibur scale) rework for Hydroid? Why or why not?

Eons ago, players asked for a way to craft rare resources.
These were eventually implemented, sold for 100p each, and added as a possible reward for LoR nm.
And there was much rejoicing.
Until the players saw the crafting costs.

Inquisitive minds want to know:
How many rare resources have actually been crafted using the Blueprints, since they were implemented?

1) Are Eximus Strongpoints still in the works, or are we seeing locational damage reduction, as with Ambulas, Nox?
How is this different from the mechanic of headshots/critical volumes, aside from the soft-nerfing of player damage?
If it's not different, why wasn't that mechanic re-looked at?
(Weak points is a misnomer. You hit a thing somewhere, and something happens. You hit a weak point and something catastrophic happens.
Compare and contrast with a strongpoint (fortification) - until you deal with it, you can't advance, a.k.a.nothing happens.)

2) Can Stealth finishers get a QoL/Ease of use- pass?
* Controls for repeated Stealth finishers are clunky and leave you fully visible while removing player control.
* The animations that exist are vulnerability/visibility-inducing due to teleportation and superfulous flourishes. Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
* Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and swathes of creatures don't even have animations or code hooks for them.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

2b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee?
Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

3) How do you feel about the various frame reworks? Are they all in a good place? Do some still need some (fine-)tuning?

3b) Speaking of frame reworks... Has Hydroid been given any thought yet? There've been a bunch of 'Post Oberon, Hydroid's coming!' feedback threads here and on Reddit.

4) Has Steve given any further thought/reconsideration to disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay?
If not, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

4b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?
After all, it is a part of your loadout.

5) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)
5b) Also, Why don't Excavators eHP scale? Is there a technical issue forcing Excavators this? or some other consideration?

6) Given that the Knell exists, what's your stance on letting the Dual Toxocyst's buff refresh while active?

7) Any thoughts on the current state of weapon and Warframe augments?
7b) Is the fact that no changes were made to the batch of weapon augments which previewed with Ambulas Reborn an intentional decision, or a product of work going elsewhere in support of your 'new stuff new stuff!' work philosophy - and they'll be "gotten to Soon™"?

8) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?
8b) Actually, backtrack a bit: What do you consider to be 'bandaid's?

9) Could we hear a few words on why someone decided that snipers need sway and - much more importantly - a noscope accuracy penalty? They already don't benefit from the scope bonus.

Further, any chance that the scope bonus could not scale with zoom level? I've literally had enemies spawn in at 10m away, which makes trying to use x5 - let alone x12 - zoom absolutely ridiculous.

Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  shortening the transition delay so quickscoping is possible?

10) With the implementation of Dual Wielding for thrown melee, should we expect melee-mode thrown melee mechanics to also get some updating work?
10b) When Dual Wield was being previewed on Devstream, Rebecca showed pistol+machete.
Is the fact that only solo secondary + Thrown had been implemented indicative of a staged rollout, or has the philosophy changed?

10c) Speaking of Dual Wielding: According to my profile, Glaive Prime is my 2nd most used melee, at 11.8% usage and 58.7m exp (12k kills).
I've tried many mod setups, combat situations, etc. and in all that time I could swear I've seen bounces actually hit something in less than a dozen instances.
Are the bounces working? And as intended? Could it possibly be looked at?
Please? :kubroweyes:

11) Since Damage 3.0 / Mods 2.5 isn't happening - what's to be of the pure (OG) status mods? Sure Shot, Shotgun Savvy, Stunning Speed, etc.

12) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

12b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

13) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter, or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

14) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

15) The Silver Grove update brought a new batch of auras, the first ever additions.
Do you feel they're serving their purpose? And the Aura 'system' as a whole?
Is anything planned for it?

16) Pablo: Any chance of a 'clipboard' (as in 'copy to/from clipboard') for colors?
Copy Warframe colors is good, but sometimes I (for instance) want to fit the frame to something else. Or I change my look, don't like it and want to change back.

Edited by Chroia

Will there be any comment on the sudden undocumented "cooldown" period for getting stealth melee multipliers from invisibility that started happening in-game about a month ago? I'd honestly understand some sort of nerf given how silly Naramon is, but this doesn't do much to stop all of the sliding one-shots anyhow, and HAS meant I cannot even get the damage multiplier on both hits of a dagger charge attack without sleeping the target first.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

You've stated numerous times that if Plains of Eidolon is successfull, you wish to eventually get an open-world area like it for every planet. Have you given any thought to how these open areas will connect to the rest of the planet, and their place in the player's progression through the game?

More broadly speaking, what place do you intend for the open world areas to have in the game as a whole?

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:

Zs1N6oJ.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox