Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.5.0

[DE]Megan

• Undertow damage per second is now a % of the target's max Health.

Good! He can scale his damage now!

• Undertow damage per second now scales with the amount of enemies in the pool - more submerged enemies, more damage! 

Good! This encourages scooping enemies up!

• Undertow now deals Impact damage towards submerged enemies.

Now could you stop nerfing him in compensation? That would be great...

Also Enemies are still able to escape the puddle if you move too far away from them. Please tell me this is a bug, because it's very counter intuitive if it isn't

Edited by FreezerFlare

I start to think that you don't really care about Hydroid, don't take him seriously.

Do you want him to be some kind of inside joke or something? Because it seems like it.

Hope you'll do proper rework when prime gets released, not some puddle buffs (the most useless ability of his whole unreliable kit).

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Limbo’s Catacylsm not putting Defense objectives into the rift.

I had assume that the point of Limbo was largely being able to have an undamagable defense objective.  He certainly doesn't make killing enemies easier.  I foresee a lot of Limbo players not knowing there was a change.

" Hydroids role is to be a fun and active"

How on earth that change is made to make him active ?? All I see is a change to make people afk in puddle mode while the team will shoot at the water, so much gameplay.

If at least you want this for your lazy playerbase, can we have something really active on the side ?

I suggest a small melee buff for some seconds when you go out of puddle, so active players will have something as a reward and it will fit with the addition of Hydroid P + Nami Skila P (weapon you should think as hybrid machete/double blade though)

So I guess the javlok is staying where it is? No one uses it now, things haven't really changed except those of us who used to like it got screwed and no one cares. 

Please just let the throw cancel the reload.

DE PLZ. For real though, this could make Hydroid uniquely badass with effective cc, and potential synergy between his Undertow and Tentacle Swarm if one is cast on the other. I realize you're likely content with his current state but at the very least do consider what could be a fantastic change of pace for the waterboy of warframe.

Since Hydroids charge costs more than other characters charging attacks like Slash Dash, Rhino Charge, Tail Wind & Landslide, would you consider making Hydroids Tidal Surge be able to open enemies to finishers when struck by the Wavebreak?
Being able to cancel TIdal Surge prematurely without losing the slash proc and paying extra energy would be a really good addition too. I don't think it makes sense to pay more energy for less damage, less status & less movement. I think clicking 2 again should cancel it early.

Unsure why the staple ability of Hydroid is his puddle. If you could literally just cast the puddle as you would his tentacles I could see it, the fact that hydroid himself has to be the puddle, and thus the anchor ability of his entire kit is extremely underwhelming.

Whoa, whoa, hang on a second there.

You've made Hydroid's Undertow deal scaling damage, which is nice, but you've changed it to Impact damage?

Hang on a second there, is that the same thing as Undertow no longer dealing finisher damage, as in, the damage will no longer bypass shields and armour?

Guys. Guys, for the love of God, you have got to let go of this bizarre Zero Sum Game as balance mentality, where for every improvement you have to give a slap. Sometimes, a 'frame literally just needs a buff, instead of giving with one hand but taking away with the other.

3 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

I had assume that the point of Limbo was largely being able to have an undamagable defense objective.  He certainly doesn't make killing enemies easier.  I foresee a lot of Limbo players not knowing there was a change.

Dude, as a ,imbo main, weve been used to an empty kit for a LONG time. its fine. This is how it used to be too btw all the objects come into the rift.... except the control panels.. no one knows why....

lmfao undertow was dealing FINISHER damage which ignored armor and now we get Impact Dmg which is the crapp_iest kind of damage after magnetic ?

this is so NOT an improvement, nobody in their mental sanity will ever trade finisher dmg even with scaling impact dmg that gets nullified by extreme armor..

The sentinel nerf while in undertow no comment, it was a quick way to escape a virtual rape and let mediray do something while being in puddle form

TB is still S#&$, charge time is abysmal, no homing in on enemies, RNG unreliable CC

let alone the rest that has been left unchanged.

PBR is surely gonna do a hell of a job for enemy annihilation, they'll stare to our new shiny skin get stunned while we blow their heads up, sure

You keep adding perks to his lame 3, encouraging even more a static/camp style when his other 3 abilities need to be burned into ashes and reforged into something efficient, not RNG based and overall more useful

Edited by arm4geddon-117

slowing Tentacle animation is a good way to improve his CC compatibility. The only thing tentacle still hold corpses as if enemy still alive. its really misleading.

I also think that if letting tempest barrage stun enemy, not knockout will gradually help hydroid.

still think that not letting hydroid do something while in undertow)except walking) really hurts him.

And many people agree, that it would be better if hydroid will stop tidal surge by pressing 2 again, not by entering\escaping undertow.

Overall great direction. Keep it that way DE )

Edited by ZonePL
forget to add "CC" in "improve his CC compatibility"

1 minute ago, Xandarius said:

How is Sentinel abilities are now disabled while in Undertow. This fixes vacuumed items blocking your view and you from pulling in enemies a nerf to Hydroid, it doesn't even directly affect him. It affects sentinels. 

How is not receiving health and shield recharge from medi-ray and shield charger anything but a nerf.

5 minutes ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

DE PLZ. For real though, this could make Hydroid uniquely badass with effective cc, and potential synergy between his Undertow and Tentacle Swarm if one is cast on the other. I realize you're likely content with his current state but at the very least do consider what could be a fantastic change of pace for the waterboy of warframe.

PLZ this