Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.5.0

[DE]Megan

Just now, Xgomme said:

" Hydroids role is to be a fun and active"

How on earth that change is made to make him active ?? All I see is a change to make people afk in puddle mode while the team will shoot at the water, so much gameplay.

If at least you want this for your lazy playerbase, can we have something really active on the side ?

I suggest a small melee buff for some seconds when you go out of puddle, so active players will have something as a reward and it will fit with the addition of Hydroid P + Nami Skila P (weapon you should think as hybrid machete/double blade though)

Yea, honestly, with the recent reworks and frames from the mind of Pablo, it's weird to see such a sedentary kit. The only thing in his kit that promotes activity is the Tidal Wave, and that thing is honestly one of the most unengaging CC abilities in the game. 

Tempest Barrage is a solid 1 Ability. Weird little technical issues occasionally, but alright aside from that.

Tidal Surge is just too boring. It's a less engaging version of Rhino Charge and Slash Dash with negligible, low area cc.

Undertow is too sedentary. It takes too much time and energy to move anywhere. These changes made it better, but the ability honestly just needs to be rebuilt with activity in mind.

Tentacle Swarm is underwhelming. It just feels like a normal whatever CC ability. Honestly, Undertow does a better job now. 

7 minutes ago, Xandarius said:

How is Sentinel abilities are now disabled while in Undertow. This fixes vacuumed items blocking your view and you from pulling in enemies a nerf to Hydroid, it doesn't even directly affect him. It affects sentinels. 

This is clearly a massive QoL nerf to anyone using Hydroid with a sentinel because now you have to backtrack for all your loot.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Tempest Barrage now has a charging sound to indicate when the ability is being charged.
  • Allies can shoot their weapons into Hydroid's Undertow to transfer half of their damage and distribute it among all enemies in the puddle

UI Addition Needed

Some way for allies to tell when you have one (or more) enemies trapped in your puddle. I've had people just randomly shooting my puddle with nothing in it. Not that I mind, it's kinda funny. But this is more UI work that needs to be done for the Hydroid. Currently, the only way they can really tell is if they get damage number pop-ups when they shoot an Undertow puddle.

The sound of Tempest Barrage is an okay start, but it needs a HUD element. During really heavy combat I can't even hear the charging up sound.

Edited by Brasten

1 minute ago, Xandarius said:

You're invulnerable in the puddle so the shields will recharge and if you didn't have a sentinel you wouldn't be making use of getting health anyways.

"Because I dont run a sentinel that recharges my health I'm okay with disabling it for everyone that may want it."

It made it worse for shield and health recharge, which is, by definition, a nerf.

all updates I liked or did not care, so far. 
But this one I loathed. 
Because it's INFIURIATING doing JV, being kicked while loading the 3rd mission and being unable to rejoin the crew because update. Broke the raid for 25% of the people of the raid.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hydroid has received the PBR treatment! 

• Hydroid’s base Energy has been increased from 150 to 188.
  • Sentinel abilities are now disabled while in Undertow. This fixes vacuumed items blocking your view and you from pulling in enemies.
  • snip

PBR is good, base energy increase is a little random in terms of value but more energy is welcome, still feel it should maybe be a little higher though but I suppose that will come with the prime version (which should imo be as much as saryn/volt prime as they're fellow 'casters'). 

Why did you disable sentinel rather than just allowing us to pick up stuff while in undertow....yes I know it could cause us to stay in the puddle for ages but honestly any energy we'd pick up is just as easily picked up by two quick taps of the 3 button.

Bit disappointed there's no damage buff for tentacle swarm or any increase in the rate of charge up for it, that charge up period can be pretty bad health wise especially on higher levels.

In all seriousness, I know you guys say that you don't do stealth nerfs, but that's what this is. You have given Undertow scaling damage, which is great, and you have simultaneously removed its finisher damage (which bypassed armour and shields), thus completely and totally negating the effect of making the damage scale in the first place. The big problem with high levels is the massive scaling of the Effective Hitpoints on high level enemies. The point of finisher damage is to bypass that damage reduction. You have given Hydroid scaling damage and at the same time, made that scaling damage subject to the insane scaling rates of enemy EHP thanks to damage reduction, and then you presented it as a buff.

Lads. Lads, what the hell.

If you didn't want Hydroid to have scaling damage, just don't give it to him in the first place.

1 minute ago, Xandarius said:

Also Curative Undertow can heal hydroid so why sentinel?

Which required devoting a Mod Slot to it. Instead of it being on your companion.

My personal impulse would be to disable the Object Mesh of objects being pulled/held along by Vaccume. Just make those objects functionally Invisible. Unless the visual Mesh is to integrate into other systems like collisions (pickup) detection. 

That would solve all kinds of Vaccumed objects blocking Screen things that happen.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.5.0
Hydroid Changes & Fixes

As mentioned in Hotfix 21.4.2 on Friday, we continued reading feedback and testing Hydroid changes up until todays Update. 1 week into Hydroid Revisited and more than a handful of changes from constructive feedback have been implemented! 

The changes below cover a number of ideas about making Hydroid's simply feel better to use, particularly for teams. In the scheme of our 33 current Warframes, Hydroids role is to be a fun and active way to use the power of water and swashbuckling themes to take on enemies. 

• Hydroid has received the PBR treatment! 
  • Hydroid’s base Energy has been increased from 150 to 188.
  • Tempest Barrage now has a charging sound to indicate when the ability is being charged.
  • Allies can shoot their weapons into Hydroid's Undertow to transfer half of their damage and distribute it among all enemies in the puddle.
  • Undertow damage per second is now a % of the target's max Health.
  • Undertow damage per second now scales with the amount of enemies in the pool - more submerged enemies, more damage! 
  • Undertow now deals Impact damage towards submerged enemies.
  • Tentacle Swarm’s tentacles now move at a slower rate when enemies are captured in their grasp to improve issues with hard to shoot flailing enemies.
  • Improved Tentacle Swarm’s cast sound to sound more aquatic and powerful when charging up.
  • Improved Tentacle Swarm when cast on walls/odd surfaces.
  • Improved the performance of Tentacle Swarm.
  • Sentinel abilities are now disabled while in Undertow. This fixes vacuumed items blocking your view and you from pulling in enemies.
  • Fixed being able to Transference to your Operator when in Undertow. 
  • Fixed Undertow’s Energy drain when moving applying to elevators.
  • Fixed certain enemies not working properly with Undertow FX (Nox for instance).

This gets me soo Hyped. Thank you for this buff to one of my Favorite frames.

One Fear, maybe unfounded but I need to say this for my peace of mind...

I'm not trying to burst anyone bubble and im not making an accusation of any sort but,

Please don't make Hydroid better just to build hype to get Tenno to buy Prime Access then Nerf him later.

Give him love and make him even better with prime release. 

@[DE]Megan

While hydroid is in undertow it seems that now using tidal surge drains extra energy to move while previously it would only drain the modded cost of the ability itself while using it in undertow to move. Was this intended or unintentional?

Edit: It seems to drain energy for any extra movement that includes; being completely submerged in undertow before even touching ground, using tidal surge while in undertow, getting pushed around by kuva guardians while in undertow (if victim happens to be in line of the heavy hits).

Edited by Corial