Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Update 21.5.0

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Undertow is being affected by an undocumented range multiplier. 190% range should be 7.6 meters, 138% range is 5.51 meters. Meaning range is being negatively impacted by a ~42% multiplier. 

9dJr5us.png

Can we get stats to correctly modify their attributes without hidden multipliers going on behind the scenes? (i.e. Heavy Caliber reducing accuracy on Ogris by 98%!!!) 

The radius is multiplied by the square root of power range. In other words, Undertow's area increases linearly with power range. Getting +90% range gives you +90% area.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Undertow damage per second is now a % of the target's max Health.
  • Undertow damage per second now scales with the amount of enemies in the pool - more submerged enemies, more damage! 
  • Undertow now deals Impact damage towards submerged enemies.

k, was about to say. This was so gonna be nerfed if this was armor ignoring damage. I'm ok with this.

Reverted a performance improvement that unintentionally made it easier to walk and stand on smaller enemies. This was causing unintentional difficulty when meleeing smaller enemies. 

plz find another way to increase performance. Performance gains are always appreciated :)

2 minutes ago, Xyhon said:

That is all fine and dandy, until you get yourself few Ancients in your range. Also, killing anything still takes forever. Impact is resisted by all, really, makes working with that a choir.

That part with impact is being resisted by high level armored units is excatly my point. On top of that I presume that his puddle will outperform his 4th ability. I am going to check in the simulcarum.

I think DE wants us to use several instances of "corroding barrage" and than finish enemies of with puddle-impact damage.

1 hour ago, Xandarius said:

Once you get out of puddle you can pick it all back up pretty easily.

Also Curative Undertow can heal hydroid so why sentinel?

Do you understand that QoL means Quality of Life? It's a nerf because we now have to do something we didn't have to do before: manually pick up loot, which is obnoxious and tedious in a fast paced game like Warframe. Also, I'm not willing to sacrifice a mod slot for a mediocre augment. It's fine if you like the augment or if you don't mind picking up loot, but there's no way to argue that it ISN'T a nerf purely because it doesn't bother you.

3 minutes ago, Arniox said:

k, was about to say. This was so gonna be nerfed if this was armor ignoring damage. I'm ok with this.

I would have prefered if they kept a scalable finisher-damage but as a tradeoff made the power-consumption for doing so scalable as well. The ability as it is now, takes too long to kill something.

Can i just take a moment to say

• Allies can shoot their weapons into Hydroid's Undertow to transfer half of their damage and distribute it among all enemies in the puddle.
  • Undertow damage per second is now a % of the target's max Health.
  • Undertow damage per second now scales with the amount of enemies in the pool - more submerged enemies, more damage! 
  • Undertow now deals Impact damage towards submerged enemies.

Great changes, really something that undertow needed; it not only helps with team play, hydroid not locking down enemies, but it actually incentivizes team play; great work!

Just have 2 BIG suggestions,

Firstly, you could give hydroid the Limbo treatment, in that you turn his 2nd into his roll, and give him a new cooler 2nd ability

Second, some sort of way to regen energy in Undertow, so talent and skill can keep you under. Maybe every enemy that dies in undertow regens so much energy, Maybe an enemy that dies in undertow regens energy if they were lasso'd in?

Keep up the good work, Hydroid is really starting to become a decent frame now.

Oh and for his first, a little animation of him just sweeping his arm from left to right when your charging your first would be really nice, the even with the sound effect now, the noise pollution ingame makes it hard to hear

Edited by TennoHack

i think the changes in undertow are good although i don't like this ability but what's done is done however, i would like to ask for a number of tweaks cause i believe they are needed

1.return Undertow and tentacle swarm to their original range because if we are going to spam undertow and tentacle swarm for loot, i believe range would be a must also keep the charging aspect of his first and forth ability.

2.increase the damage of tempest barrage and tentacle swarm extra damage means more useful for endgame stuff which what everyone really wants.

3.his first is really good but the damage doesn't make it worthwhile, i suggest making the damage increase by a % for each harpoon hits an enemy 

EX : the first harpoon hits the enemy with 20 damage, the second harpoon damage is increased to 70, the third harpoon damage is increased to 120 etc.. at base, but of course this can be increased by power strength and its capped at 200+ extra damage per harpoon 200 -> 400-> 600-> 800...etc also cap the duration at 20 so it doesn't become broken

that's all i think, i hope this isn't hard to do or seem annoying to anyone, its my opinion and i would appreciate if DE read this and take this suggestion seriously or at least do something similar to it.

As always Thank You for reading.

Edited by DeathStar512

11 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

The radius is multiplied by the square root of power range. In other words, Undertow's area increases linearly with power range. Getting +90% range gives you +90% area.

Reading the wiki now about this, wow that's lame.

5 minutes ago, h4r1m40 said:

I would have prefered if they kept a scalable finisher-damage but as a tradeoff made the power-consumption for doing so scalable as well. The ability as it is now, takes too long to kill something.

nah, if they left it as it is and made power consumption more, it would have been horrible and not a usable ability. If they left it as finisher damage, but didn't scale it back by anything, it would have eventually been nerfed. This is fine as it is.

14 minutes ago, Arniox said:

nah, if they left it as it is and made power consumption more, it would have been horrible and not a usable ability. If they left it as finisher damage, but didn't scale it back by anything, it would have eventually been nerfed. This is fine as it is.

The problem is that it has been nerfed. Making the damage scaling while simultaneously making it subject to enemy armour scaling is a joke, and while they were at it they've reduced its effective range hugely.

I described it earlier as a zero sum game mentality. Hydroid needed a buff, he really did, but DE seemingly cannot bring themselves to just buff things without also slapping them with penalties.

In effect, if Hydroid needed a buff in the first place, if that buff was truly necessary and justified, why did DE feel the need to balance the buff with negative effects such as nerfing Undertow's ability to scale damage types, and slashing the range/radius of his abilities?

Cripes, you know I'm not one of those folks who complains about nerfing of overpowered weapons. I'm generally one of the first to say "Hold on there, DE don't nerf things just to screw with you, they nerf things like the brainless Mirage Simulor and the bloody Tonkor because they're bad for the game and the habits of players." In this case, though? Hydroid needed, and needs, a buff, and DE seemingly just cannot do it. They can't buff him without also feeling the need to slap him with some nerfs. It's absolutely bonkers.

If Hydroid needs a buff, why are you delivering it by simultaneously nerfing him?
If you want him to have scaling damage, why did you implement it in such a way to utterly negate the value of it being scaling damage?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

Hydroid changes...well if this is how things are going, I have 2 final suggestions. First, let hydroid's undertwo "cage" enemies, as in when he moves he drags the enemies with him. Second, have the Kraken stay for the duration of the power.

or have a better kraken for it. Make it actually rise up from a literal ocean and smash the sh!t out of everything

1 hour ago, fighterpenguin said:

How often do you have to nerf Hydroid again? Getting the shield and health recharged in undertow was great.

How about it casts quicker and is more powerful?

What happened to the promise to find some compromise for people that already own the GNova skin and want it replaced?

1: I like how they nerfed all sentinal abilities whilst in the puddle. Using dijins fatal attraction was amazing in it, but they say the reason was literally just vacuums fault.

2: meh.

3: It's two different skins. Faven wanted them as one and the same (replacement), but alot of people really wanted the old one to stick around, so the compromise was that there is two skins.

Undertow damage per second is now a % of the target's max Health.

when DE listen .... it gives  good things
BTW : so the devs decided to make hydroid more oriented on dps than cc that's good to know

Edited by DeathGold

6 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Just have been to the simulacrum and the new undertow disposes of high-armored enemies far better than his 4th ability, after you stripped them from armor with corroding barrage completely. Since his 1st ability is a CC with an armor stripping effect, if you have its augment, then I wonder what good his 4th ability is for?

Why should I use his 4th ability if his 1st is by far better and cheaper to cast?

His new damage dealing ability is his puddle. So basically his ult is a mediocore CC with worse damage. What is the point of his ult? 

Choosing to initiate a self-revive while bleeding out will now prevent other players from attempting to Revive you.

Just got to experience this in a game.... this is so counter intuitive for the person trying to revive the other player it's stupid and I have no idea why this was even necessary.  There's not even a visual cue for the player trying to revive except the 'rebirth' when the other player self-revives.  

If the other person is pressing x, don't even show us the option to revive them if you you want to keep this new 'feature'. 

Can we actually revive a player still if the player in bleed out stops pressing the x, doesn't seem like it from what I saw.

edit: just had a thought... shouldn't this be the other way round whereby if a player gets to them and starts reviving them that the x is disabled so they don't waste one of their 4 lives...

Edited by LSG501

After skimming through the posts I haven't seen anyone mention this: Was in Mot and was not becoming invulnerable upon going into Undertow. Enemies were absolutely melting me, and if I got knocked down by say a gunner stomp, I'd get knocked down, repeatedly and rapidly, while also getting shoved across the room by their gunfire (presumbly because of the impact procs). I was also running around as a tiny transparent ("invisible") Hydroid. I'm in the simulacrum currently and not having the issue. Without further testing I can't really pinpoint the cause, but I can take a guess and say it might have something to with client-host interaction. I was a client, as I joined an in-progress mission.

50 minutes ago, Raxekem said:

I never talked about doing solo endless missions. Now that your teammates can shoot the puddle it's alot more effective and could be way better (actually viable if the range got the increase it needs). Again I'm thinking about a 4 man squad. And If you talk about hydroid being a support/cc frame isn't that what undertow is now?It litterally prevents enemies from doing anything while they drown. And with a squad comp that compliments undertow you can make high rounds/time.

In 4 man squad, you are useless as a puddle against higher tier of enemies that are incoming onto your position. DE seems to forget, that people play "endgame" content more, not only 20ish planets that they show as PrimeTime and other presentations...

Team needs to be able to benefit from real synergy, not only run around a "puddle" hoping that Hydroid is lying in a place which is optimal route for enemies. Also, Mot/anything higher in lvls/will always spawn eximus/nullifier units, which auto disable whole idea of Hydroids "killer" pool. If you want to organize a killzone, take Octavia. Not only she will make everyone able to be invi, have melee damage and multishot buff, but also has over 40m range on her mallet which attracts and gives back dmg. Also, scales alot better since it is not some "2% of impact dmg", but classic stacking dmg that enemies do upon it. And tbh, her 4th makes everyone hit like trucks even with MK1 weapons. This is synergy, Undertow in it's bandaid form ain't.

And to tell the truth. Who the hell invented this range gain on Undertow? Every ability I use every day, scales normally, giving rounder globe, bigger circle, wider cone, etc. And now we have puddle, which at base 4m + 45% range is whopping 4.88m. GG.