Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FashionFrame] Why is the Black+Red color combo hated so much?

MrM1

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I wouldn't say its lazy, there are some amazing designs done solely in black and white.

It's just a matter of taste and what the creator is going for.  

Look at my in game profile, my current Mag is pretty simple with white, black and some blues.  That wasn't laziness, that was what I found the most appealing.

But that is the difference you've done it incredibly tastyfully, adding blues and gold, what I'm talking about is Plain, absolute black and white

To be honest; I don't like the vast majority of color schemes I see other players use.  Not because of what colors they use but how they're using them.  They very frequently are either muddied, not complimentary to each other, or are extremely loud and unappealing to look at.

The colors i use primarily are black, white, various shades of orange, and occasionally blue.  I use white as a sort of canvas for the entire frame, black to contour and outline certain features.  This makes the touches of orange really pop.

Blue I only use with Nezha (his default color scheme was almost perfect for me),  the blue and orange are contrasting colors which cause them to stand out from each other but not to the point of being unappealing.

Edited by GIMO

Just now, Dwolfknight said:

But that is the difference you've done it incredibly tastyfully, adding blues and gold, what I'm talking about is Plain, absolute black and white

I'll have to experiment to see what you're talking about, I've yet to see a bad black/white set up that looked and felt lazy.

And thanks. ^.^

6 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

Inb4 "Black isn't a color, it's a shade"

hehe, I know what you mean.  I said that because not everyone had Art classes or paid attention when in them.  Although I did.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

33 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

^^This.  Sadly this is the main reason I avoid using that color scheme even though those are my favorite colors.  

I'm not dogging your reasoning, but I mean if you like the colors, use 'em. If someone doesn't approve they can bugger off (in my humble opinion).

1 hour ago, MrM1 said:

I think the biggest problem are those pink Rhinos with the Mirage animation.

(Spoilers tag because we're talking about the real endgame right here)

They are disliked by Proxy.

It's not that Red and Black are hated, per se.  Rather, I think it is the residual disdain for color schemes that you cannot modify.

And Wraith items in Red and Black are the most prominent.

Luckily, one of Tennocon's big reveals was color modification.

1 hour ago, Jobistober said:

I'm not dogging your reasoning, but I mean if you like the colors, use 'em. If someone doesn't approve they can bugger off (in my humble opinion).

Trust me Tenno.  I'm a firm believer of the Bernie Mack school of thought.  :D  It just so happens that I have and use an even better color combination.  Skull Squadron/VFA-103 Jolly Rogers colors.  hehe

P05rwYL.jpg

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Trust me Tenno.  I'm a firm believer of the Bernie Mack school of thought.  :D  It just so happens that I have and use an even better color combination.  Skull Squadron/VFA-103 Jolly Rogers colors.  hehe

P05rwYL.jpg

gimme a minute

to be fair, a lot of colour schemes are clichéd these days. white & Gold is just as popular as Black and Red, and I am guilty of using both. it's a fall-back when experimenting with other colours doesn't work out.

ultimately, Fashionframe is for everyone, and you shouldn't feel bad no matter what your colours. you're an Edgelord? I'll edge lord with you. you like the Prime look? so do I. you want to paint with all the colours of the rainbow and use Limbo's Agile Stance? go nuts. as long as you don't attempt to infringe my Fashionframe, I won't attempt to infringe yours.