Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FashionFrame] Why is the Black+Red color combo hated so much?

MrM1

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

I only ever see complements, unless someone specifically asks for criticism in which case it's always very polite and constructive. In order to be an active participant all that is required is that you don your best Frame and join the circle! You can't miss it.

Good, good, I suppose I can drop in in my Crewmen Mag or Operator Titania suits without sudden backlash then to observe, thanks for the clarity.

9 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

what?

This game is full of people that hate anything meta or mainstream for no other reason than that they are meta or mainstream, ie; hipsters. Red and black is a common, I daresay, mainstream, color combo. They hate it because they are hipsters.

No one really hates it. It's just overused by people trying too hard to be cool, when it's infact the laziest shorthand for that.

Can it be used creatively? Yes. I daresay that the designs and use for the Kuva Grineer are actually one example of that, but mostly no.

Edited by KokoroWish

Cause white/gold is far more creative and original. All sarcasm aside, I don't really care what others color their stuff. Why should I? If their happy with it what's the problem? If I think their color scheme is nice I'll say something but if I don't like it I won't say anything. It's not like I'm staring at them the whole mission.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, Kierlak said:

This game is full of people that hate anything meta or mainstream for no other reason than that they are meta or mainstream, ie; hipsters. Red and black is a common, I daresay, mainstream, color combo. They hate it because they are hipsters.

I think you have something backwards.

hip·ster
[ˈhipstər]

NOUN
hipsters (plural noun)
  1. informal
    a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

2 minutes ago, 0zryel said:

Why is the Black+Red color combo hated so much? In Warframe, because is the color of the Stalker!

Related image 

idk, I see the Stalker and I get a little excited for the loot he drops.

I just need 5 more Dread BP's and I can make a life size Liset out of them!

Well, if you want a serious answer...

Black and red are both colors traditionally associated with villainy in Western culture. It's very common for the colors to be used together to indicate that a character is evil or "edgy." People tend to associate edginess with being childish or trying too hard to be cool, so Warframes with black and red color schemes are often viewed the same way.

Also, a lot of black and red color schemes are kinda ugly. Unlike pink Rhinos, which are the absolute height of fashion.

wow do people actually make fun out of colour schemes just because it's a popular appearance because it looks good? okay another reason for me why I think humans are genuinely pathetic and have a none logical judgemental disorder, their judgemental disorder is so stupid that they probably pick any other colour scheme than black and red just because they think it's too typical i mean how stupid. lol.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:26 PM, Duavey said:

Because it's usually done overbearingly in a manner that doesn't look good. Lots of the red and black crowd go for the Stalker look, not the more balanced Excalibur Immortal look.

Also tends to be associated with tasteless edgy teenagers.

And then Harrow came out.

Edited by BetaNoire

It's hated because it's a rather high-contrast color scheme that isn't that appealing when you're going with jet black and bright red, which is what most people go for, instead of going with a slightly lighter dark gray/charcoal and slightly darker red (instead of pure red), and balancing out the red and black with gray colors (Stalker's colors are actually black, gray, and red, not just black and red). Most people don't seem to know how to make black and red color schemes work.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

34 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

How can that be true when it's not?

Ok you got me she is not useless. You can use her in boss fights and small maps for DPS. But she requires a non hitscan weapon to make her magnetize even worth it. 

21 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Ok you got me she is not useless. You can use her in boss fights and small maps for DPS. But she requires a non hitscan weapon to make her magnetize even worth it. 

But her niche is not damage anymore, Voltage... its area denial and control.

Pull stills CC those in front of her just fine,

The problem I had with her Magnetize is that I cant shot enemies behind it, but they cant do anything to me either, its damage scales with level like Octavia's Mallet, WAY more limited in terms of range and usuability, even if we can have 4 instances of it on the map. If DE made so we can still add the damage to it but our bullets go throught...

Polarize is nowhere near as effective against shields as it was before, I suggested it having a forced Magnetic Proc once along with its "fragments" faling down, so it destroys shields still and strips armor. Nothing came from it, maybe I should make a thread?

Crush... honestly, I havent use this at all. With her other 3 powers being way more usefull.