Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theoretical max real speed of a solo Warframe

Seij

There's a certain time of your life when you just become manic for speed!

Or maybe that's just me...

First off, I need to choose a frame and to me, the most obvious frame would be Volt Prime. You might be thinking, 'Hey! Loki Prime/Rhino Prime is the fastest frame alive!'. Yes that is the case if abilities are not permitted, but in this case, it's all about speed at any cost, by yourself.

Anyway, I spent a few hours researching Warframes and speed mods, and came across some competition against Volt; Nezha. I haven't played him and so I can't draw my own conclusions, but the general consensus seems to be that Volt is #1, and Nezha is a close second. There are some mentions of Zephyr but it's the same case as Nezha, Volt remains #1.

So now that I have a frame to work with, I'll need mods. Speed mods. There's a whole variety of flavours to get speed with, increasing sprint/movement speed, mobility, parkour velocity, less friction, increase slide... What do I choose? Well let's first see what a Warframe's speed actually is.

According to this guy, the real life speed of a Warframe with a sprint speed of 1.0 is 7.15 m/s. Apparently he's worked out distance in metres within Warframe, and had ran through multiple tests to get that figure. So 7.15 m/s is the only calculable speed we can have, and that's to do with sprinting, not sliding, nor other parkour moves like bullet jumping, nor that god-like roll. If that's the case, then we can only mod with sprinting speed in mind.

I hunted around for every mod that can increase sprint speed and ability power for Volt's Speed Ability and came up with these:

Warframe (Build):
Sprint Boost     +15 Sprint Speed
Rush     +30 Sprint Speed
Coaction Drift     +4.8375 Sprint Speed
Armored Agility     +15 Sprint Speed
Speed Drift     +12 Sprint Speed
Hastened Steps     +20 Sprint Speed (See edit note at the bottom.)
Power Drift     +15 Ability Strength
Energy Conversion     +50 Ability Strength
Blind Rage     +99 Ability Strength
Intensify     +30 Ability Strength
Transient Fortitude     +55 Ability Strength

I know I've included a Conclave mod, Hastened Steps, but we're talking about a theoretical speed, so I left it in there. (See edit note at the bottom.)

With the mods in place, it brings Volt's sprint speed up to: 1.768375
And ability strength to: 349%
Volt's Speed Ability will be: 174.5%
Meaning sprint speed will be: 2.745 times faster
The end result will be a sprint speed of: 4.854189375
And going by 1.0 sprint speed equaling a real life speed of 7.15 m/s: 34.70745403125 m/s or 124.94683451249001 km/h or 77.638363527313003942 mph

That's pretty damn fast, but wait, there's more.

What if we also add in other factors that can enhance sprint speed? Like, say, Arcane Enhancements for example?

According to the wiki, I can get two enhancements, one on the Syandana, and one on the helmet. Apparently, the trigger chance and effects can stack, but the duration and range does not, which fits perfectly if we're just going for more sprinting speed.

Arcane Phantasm Helmet     +20 Sprint Speed
Arcane Agility Syandana     +20 Sprint Speed

The sprint speed will be bumped up to: 2.168375

But what else is there? There's something I nearly missed:

Melee (Rakta Dark Dagger):
Dispatch Overdrive     +60 Sprint Speed
Gleaming Blight     +10 Sprint Speed

Coming up to a total sprint speed of: 2.868375
With the Speed Ability, it will be bumped up to: 7.873689375
Coming to a real life speed of: 56.29687903125 m/s or 202.66876451248379 km/h or 125.93253183439961163 mph
Which is, for a bit more perspective: 16.413084265670555006% the Speed of Sound

One last thing before we seal the deal on his top speed: Relic Corruption.
According to the wiki, the Relic Corruption doubles your Warframe's Ability Strength, so let's factor that in:

Doubled Ability Strength = 698%
Which means Volt's Speed Ability = +349%
Meaning sprint speed will be: 3.49 times faster
Final Sprint Speed will be: 10.01062875
So his real speed will be: 71.5759955625 m/s or 257.6735840249794 km/h or 160.11094211368109086 mph
He will be travelling at: 20.867637190233234712% the Speed of Sound

Now how's that for speed on a frame going solo?
He's no Flash, but he's the closest we can get.

TL;DR
Volt Prime run fast = 10.01 Fasts per Void-time
Real speed =
71.58 Metres per second
257.67 Kilometres per hour
160.11 Miles per hour
This is for whenever your people need you, and when you just gotta go fast.

If there's anything else I've missed that we can add for even more speed, please tell me and I'll churn out the numbers.

Edit: 321agemo noted that the buff from Void Relics doubles power strength. So taking this into account, I think we can takes this even further. The only draw back is that the conclave mod will have to be replaced as we can't be in a PVP match and be in a Void Fissure mission at the same time.

Edit 2: (PS4)Crixus044 has further insight into frames that are even faster. Here's the post. I'm going back to the mountains to train, and meditate on what I've learnt. AKA Conducting more research on calculable speeds of Warframes.

Edited by Seij

11 minutes ago, Seij said:

Coming up to a total sprint speed of: 3.068375
With the Speed Ability, it will be bumped up to: 8.19256125
Coming to a real life speed of: 58.5768129375 m/s or 210.8765265749831 km/h or 131.03259873277556835 mph
Which is, for a bit more perspective: 17.077788028425655575% the Speed of Sound

Now how's that for speed on a frame going solo?

Sounds like it would make for a cute video when Plains of Eidolon come out.

2 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Sounds like it would make for a cute video when Plains of Eidolon come out.

If only you can satisfy all the conditions: PVP, get an energy orb, Channel kill someone with Rakta and have Blight activate as well, get damaged, parry... Too many factors, the speed remains theoretical...

Edited by Seij

1 hour ago, Seij said:

Coming to a real life speed of: 58.5768129375 m/s or 210.8765265749831 km/h or 131.03259873277556835 mph

Ok. I am impressed. I don't think I ever drove that fast in a car.

By the way, excellent thread. I do enjoy well-carried out studies :)

Edited by Dhrekr

1 minute ago, 321agemo said:

Nova with 250% power range.

You've literally got a wormhole that lets you travel a large distance within nanoseconds.

Forget speed of sound, thats lightspeed.

If that's counted, Loki's Switch teleport and Ash Teleport also counted. Teleport ability felt kinda cheating for this kind of calculation.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

If that's counted, Loki's Switch teleport and Ash Teleport also counted. Teleport ability felt kinda cheating for this kind of calculation.

Indeed i would, along with Nezha blazing Chakram.

There's an argument that loki and ash doesn't count since its enemy dependant instead of self, but since its theorectical, i dont see why not.

2 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Indeed i would, along with Nezha blazing Chakram.

There's an argument that loki and ash doesn't count since its enemy dependant instead of self.

Nezha's Blazing Chakram is still dependent on the Chakram flight speed, so I doubt Nezha can win a race using it.

Loki can still use his decoy, so even when he's alone he can still teleport.

Ash was made able to teleport to objects. I wonder if the plains have any objects Ash can teleport to.

6 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

but since its theorectical, i dont see why not.

Hm, can't argue with that.

9 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Nova with 250% power range.

You've literally got a wormhole that lets you travel a large distance within nanoseconds.

Forget speed of sound, thats lightspeed.

There's a difference between moving through folded space and speed through relatively linear space. I'm not going to calculate travel via teleportation as it isn't 'speed'.

Just now, Gamma745 said:

Hm, you calculated it using the Sprint Boost Aura. How does the calculation work using the Growing Power Aura? I know that it reduced the Sprint speed, but it increases the Speed ability multiplier. It could go faster.

Yeah, it actually slows down the end result by a tiny bit if I'm using Growing Power. I forgot the actual number, but the moment I saw that it was slower I dumped the number.

23 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Hm, you calculated it using the Sprint Boost Aura. How does the calculation work using the Growing Power Aura? I know that it reduced the Sprint speed, but it increases the Speed ability multiplier. It could go faster.

Meh, had nothing to do so here's the numbers:
Using Growing Power Aura instead of Sprint Boost will result in:
Sprint Speed: 2.87
Ability Strength: 367.0625
Volt's Speed Ability: +183.53125% or 2.8353125 times faster
Resulting in a Sprint Speed of: 8.137346875
Translating to a real speed of: 58.18203015625 m/s or 209.45530856248325 km/h or 130.1494948019193032 mph

Edited by Seij

5 minutes ago, Seij said:

Meh, had nothing to do so here's the numbers:
Using Growing Power Aura instead of Sprint Boost will result in:
Sprint Speed: 2.87
Ability Strength: 367.0625
Volt's Speed Ability: +183.53125% or 2.8353125 times faster
Resulting in a Sprint Speed of: 8.137346875
Translating to a real speed of: 58.18203015625 m/s or 209.45530856248325 km/h or 130.1494948019193032 mph

I see. Compared to your calculation with Sprint Boost: 58.5768129375 m/s or 210.8765265749831 km/h or 131.03259873277556835 mph

Slightly slower alright.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

forgot arcane storm volt helmet. If you have the original arcane helmet, it adds more strength by a small amount.

I think somewhere in the wiki it says that you can't add arcane enhancements if the helmet is one of them older ones that distributes stats. So it's either I have the Storm Helmet or a helmet with the speed enhancement. 20 more Sprint speed wins out compared to 10 more Ability Strength.

3 hours ago, Seij said:

There's a difference between moving through folded space and speed through relatively linear space. I'm not going to calculate travel via teleportation as it isn't 'speed'.

well, technically, depending on how you fold the space, you're actually travelling slowly (or super f*king fast). There are a LOT of ways to fold space or travel via worm hole. I can tell you some of them:

Worm holes: Imagine a piece of paper folded in half and a hole poked through it. You travel through this hole. Now, there are three things or three different speeds that you could have from this. Number one: If the distance is short, then you're actually only going relatively slowly. Let's say it was a football field length of space, it would mean you would travel 360 feet (109.728m) so if you went through a portal taking lets say 1 second, it would result in 109.728m/s (if it took 0 seconds, then you would be going at a speed of infinity). The second speed would be if there was actually some sort of space between reality. If there was, then speed is determined by how much space you have to travel through (an example of worm hole travel). The third option is because space is being folded, and worm holes are actually a four-dimensional sphere, they also happen to travel through/bend time, and because a worm hole acts kinda the same way (theoretically) as a black hole with gravity and time dilation and such, then technically, going through a worm hole might be instant for you, but millions of years for others.

Infinitely long closed time loops: This is an idea wherein you would have a cylinder made of a material 10 times the mass of the sun. If you were then to spin this cylinder at around 1 billion rmp, you would get what's called a closed time loop. It's where the mass and velocity of the spinning tube would cause space (and time) to stretch around the tube. If you then walked or flew around this tube, you would effectively travel through space (and time). Now granted, this would NOT allow you to go to a specific location, but rather pop you out at a random location anywhere in space (and time) so it wouldn't really be effective. But in this case, the speed at which you're going could be infinite, or quite slow. If you came out in Africa from somewhere in America, then galactically, you've gone REALLY slow because you have to physically walk/fly around the tube which takes time and you've only really travelled a short distance.

Quantum entanglement: Ok, so I would REALLY love for a Nova rework. If they didn't touch her 4th ability, I would love for them to rework her. And if they did, I REALLY want them to massively visually overhaul her portal at least. There are two things I would love to see done with a visual overhaul on that ability: Either a more worm hole looking portal OR, a representation of quantum entanglement. I'm pretty sure this is what Nova probably uses as her portal. Quantum entanglement is where two things are quantumly linked and any information and (maybe one day in the future) energy and matter is shared between the two. Now you might think: Wait, won't that result in a clone? The answer is no. Quantum entanglement does share all that stuff, but technically with only one side. If no one is observing what's going on, one thing can exist in two different states or two different locations at the exact same time, but as soon as it is observed, the object has to randomly choose which side it exists in. This technically has a speed, but it's also infinite. Quantum entanglement is the instant transmission of information and data across ANY distance. So if you jumped into a portal that quantum entangled you with something else on the other side of the universe, you would 'travel' at instant speed.

Edited by Arniox

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

well, technically, depending on how you fold the space, you're actually travelling slowly (or super f*king fast). There are a LOT of ways to fold space or travel via worm hole. I can tell you some of them:

Worm holes: Imagine a piece of paper folded in half and a hole poked through it. You travel through this hole. Now, there are three things or three different speeds that you could have from this. Number one: If the distance is short, then you're actually only going relatively slowly. Let's say it was a football field length of space, it would mean you would travel 360 feet (109.728m) so if you went through a portal taking lets say 1 second, it would result in 109.728m/s (if it took 0 seconds, then you would be going at a speed of infinity). The second speed would be if there was actually some sort of space between reality. If there was, then speed is determined by how much space you have to travel through (an example of worm hole travel). The third option is being that space is folded, and worm holes are actually a four-dimensional sphere, they're also bending time, and because a worm hole acts kinda the same way (theoretically) as a black hole with gravity and time dilation and such, then technically, going through a worm hole might be instant for you, but millions of years for others.

Infinitely long closed time loops: This is an idea wherein you would have a cylinder made of a material 10 times the mass of the sun. If you were then to spin this cylinder at around 1 billion rmp, you would get what's called a closed time loop. It's where the mass and velocity of the spinning tube would cause space (and time) to stretch around the tube. If you then walked or flew around this tube, you would effectively travel through space (and time). Now granted, this would NOT allow you to go to a specific location, but rather pop you out at a random location anywhere in space (and time) so it wouldn't really be effective. But in this case, the speed at which you're going could be infinite, or quite slow. If you came out in Africa from somewhere in America, then galactically, you've gone REALLY slow because you have to physically walk/fly around the tube which takes time and you've only really travelled a short distance.

Quantum entanglement: Ok, so I would REALLY love for a Nova rework. If they didn't touch her 4th ability, I would love for them to rework her. And if they did, I REALLY want them to massively visually overhaul her portal at least. There are two things I would love to see done with a visual overhaul on that ability: Either a more worm hole looking portal OR, a representation of quantum entanglement. I'm pretty sure this is what Nova probably uses as her portal. Quantum entanglement is where two things are quantumly linked and any information and (maybe one day in the future) energy and matter is shared between the two. Now you might think: Wait, won't that result in a clone? The answer is no. Quantum entanglement does share all that stuff, but technically with only one side. If no one is observing what's going on, one thing can exist in two different states or two different locations at the exact same time, but as soon as it is observed, the object has to randomly choose which side it exists in. This technically has a speed, but it's also infinite. Quantum entanglement is the instant transmission of information and data across ANY distance. So if you jumped into a portal that quantum entangled you with something else on the other side of the universe, you would 'travel' at instant speed.

While extremely insightful, we don't have all the variables required to calculate Nova's 'speed', neither relative to her nor to an outside observer (unless I'm missing something). I've just gone with what I can actually calculate so speed through mundane means will have to do.

This thread was just for calculating the fastest possible, calculable real speed of the best suitable Warframe, and I think I've accomplished that. However, I do appreciate further speculation of other forms of speed. Number crunching is always fun.

4 minutes ago, Seij said:

While extremely insightful, we don't have all the variables required to calculate Nova's 'speed', neither relative to her nor to an outside observer (unless I'm missing something). I've just gone with what I can actually calculate so speed through mundane means will have to do.

This thread was just for calculating the fastest possible, calculable real speed of the best suitable Warframe, and I think I've accomplished that. However, I do appreciate further speculation of other forms of speed. Number crunching is always fun.

yeah :P well, if Nova has a maxed range build of 250% range, she will have 125m of portal range. Because this game is not super complicated and doesn't have space folding mechanics or super complicated quantum properties, then she is essentially making and going through a portal in less than a second. For ease sake, imma say it takes exactly 1 second to create and move through a portal, meaning with max range, she has a speed of 125m/s or 450km/h or 279.617m/p so she's going pretty fast (36.733374474712745011607746334009% the speed of sound)

Just now, Arniox said:

yeah :P well, if Nova has a maxed range build of 250% range, she will have 125m of portal range. Because this game is not super complicated and doesn't have space folding mechanics or super complicated quantum properties, then she is essentially making and going through a portal in less than a second. For ease sake, imma say it takes exactly 1 second to create and move through a portal, meaning with max range, she has a speed of 125m/s or 450km/h or 279.617m/p so she's going pretty fast (36.733374474712745011607746334009% the speed of sound)

Maybe times that by 4 since she can have four worm holes active at the same time, given that she daisy chains them.

15 minutes ago, Seij said:

Maybe times that by 4 since she can have four worm holes active at the same time, given that she daisy chains them.

ok, assuming she places them AS SOON as she exits the previous one, and assuming she doesn't place more after her 4 are used, it means she's travelling 500m in roughly 4 seconds. Again, if we assume for ease sake that it takes 1 second to place and go through a portal, then it takes 4 seconds to travel through all 4 portals. However, I want to try to get more accurate. I'm going to assume that the portal casting speed is 1/4th of a second. It seems that fast, I can't accurately test that and there's nothing on ACTUAL casting speeds on the wiki. So if we assume her casting speed is 0.25seconds, and we also add on speed drift and natural talent it brings her casting speed down to 0.0375 seconds . If we then assume that it casts right in front of her, and she moves through it in 0 seconds, it means to cast and move through 4 portals takes 0.15 seconds. So, she travels a total of 500m in 0.15 seconds meaning she's moving at 3333.3r m/s which is.... really, really, really fast. That's 11998.8km/h or 7455.709m/h. If we assume all that stuff, and she can only use 4 portals at a max, she is 100% going to beat volt. She is travelling at around 979.45869699374063298950894825002% the speed of sound, nearly 1000% the speed of sound, and 0.0011117691292954407812353971893449% the speed of light :P

For reference, a commercial airliner travels at 500knots, Nova is travelling at 6478knots so she's moving at around 1295.6% the speed of a commercial airliner :P

Edited by Arniox

3 minutes ago, Arniox said:

ok, assuming she places them AS SOON as she exits the previous one, and assuming she doesn't place more after her 4 are used, it means she's travelling 500m in roughly 4 seconds. Again, if we assume for ease sake that it takes 1 second to place and go through a portal, then it takes 4 seconds to travel through all 4 portals. However, I want to try to get more accurate. I'm going to assume that the portal casting speed is 1/4th of a second. It seems that fast, I can't accurately test that and there's nothing on ACTUAL casting speeds on the wiki. So if we assume her casting speed is 0.25seconds, and we also add on speed drift and natural talent it brings her casting speed down to 0.0375 seconds . If we then assume that it casts right in front of her, and she moves through it in 0 seconds, it means to cast and move through 4 portals takes 0.15 seconds. So, she travels a total of 500m in 0.15 seconds meaning she's moving at 3333.3r m/s which is.... really, really, really fast. That's 11998.8km/h or 7455.709m/h. If we assume all that stuff, and she can only use 4 portals at a max, she is 100% going to beat volt. She is travelling at around 979.45869699374063298950894825002% the speed of sound, nearly 1000% the speed of sound, and 0.0011117691292954407812353971893449% the speed of light :P

Love the way it sounds on paper, but you just don't get that 'umph' feeling when you go fast the mundane way, even if it's inferior.