Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theoretical max real speed of a solo Warframe

Seij

On 8/22/2017 at 6:15 PM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Ok so doing my math, I've calculated that that the absolute highest, sprint speed a warframe can have with all the bells and whistles is:
8422.67353543!!!

How?

7 nidus and 1 volt.

Set upon volt:
Zenurik with Temporal Storm and Time Stream active.
Rakta Dark Dagger with syndicate proc and Dispatch Overdrive.
Pox with 100% status chance
Arcane Agility
Arcane Phantasm

Volt Build:
Growing Power
Power Drift
Blind Rage
Energy Conversion
Transient Fortitude
Intensify
Coaction Drift
Rush
Armored Agility
Speed Drift

Nidus Set Up:
Pox

Nidus Build:
Growing Power
Power Drift
Blind Rage
Energy Conversion
Transient Fortitude
Intensify
Coaction Drift
Primed Continuity
Stretch
Cunning Drift

Tactics:
Everybody pick up an energy orb.
Throw a few pox rounds at an enemy to initiate Growing Power with Coaction Drift.
Nidus 1 link up to nidus 2, who completes a cycle of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 linked nidus. Nidus 7 links himself to Volt Prime, who's been blocking to activate his Arcanes. Volt then proceeds to activate Zenurik's focus ability. Get a few kills in between to rack up your Blight Meter on the Rakta Dark Dagger. Channel a kill to activate Dispatch Overdrive, then Activate your volt speed.
Travel Back in Time lol

How This Works?
Nidus is a very underestimated frame and his parasitic link doesn't work like most people think. It doesn't technically increase power strength, it doesn't add anything. It MULTIPLIES power strength, and linking one nidus to another allows for some serious power strength buffs. Also to note, Mods like Rush, Dispatch Overdrive, and Speed Drift increase base sprint speed while Speed multiplies the total speed. Also to note, Arcane Phantasm, Agility, Time Stream, and Temporal Storm multiply sprint speed separately.

Nidus Max Power Strength Link Multipier: +1.49578125x PS
2.49578125^7=603.178181686x PS
603.178181686x(3.49+.1+2.343125)=357,873.154922 PS
3578.73154922*.5=1789.36577461 Speed Multipler
1789.36577461*(1+.3+.15+.12+.1+.6)*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2= 8422.67353543 x Base Sprint Speed.
Volt Prime Base Sprint Speed: 1
8422.67353543*1= 8422.67353543

Real Life Speed: 8422.67353543*7.15 m/s = 60222.12 m/s or 134713.04 MPH!!!!!! That's Mach 175.574686302!!!! And also possibly the fast thing in video game history.

I would love to give this a try one time.

If Nova has a maxed range build of 250% range, she will have 125m of portal range. Because this game is not super complicated and doesn't have space folding mechanics or super complicated quantum properties, then she is essentially making and going through a portal in less than a second. For ease sake, imma say it takes exactly 1 second to create and move through a portal, meaning with max range, she has a speed of 125m/s or 450km/h or 279.617m/p so she's going pretty fast (36.733374474712745011607746334009% the speed of sound)

But maybe we can times that by 4 since she can have four worm holes active at the same time, given that she daisy chains them.

ok, assuming she places them AS SOON as she exits the previous one, and assuming she doesn't place more after her 4 are used, it means she's travelling 500m in roughly 4 seconds. Again, if we assume for ease sake that it takes 1 second to place and go through a portal, then it takes 4 seconds to travel through all 4 portals. However, I want to try to get more accurate. I'm going to assume that the portal casting speed is 1/4th of a second. It seems that fast, I can't accurately test that and there's nothing on ACTUAL casting speeds on the wiki. So if we assume her casting speed is 0.25seconds, and we also add on speed drift and natural talent it brings her casting speed down to 0.0375 seconds . If we then assume that it casts right in front of her, and she moves through it in 0 seconds, it means to cast and move through 4 portals takes 0.15 seconds. So, she travels a total of 500m in 0.15 seconds meaning she's moving at 3333.3r m/s which is.... really, really, really fast. That's 11998.8km/h or 7455.709m/h. If we assume all that stuff, and she can only use 4 portals at a max, with your setup of 7 nidus + volt, she will come close ish in a race but won't beat him unless you add on a whole lot of buffs because I only calculated this without any buffs.

In the end, she is travelling at around 979.45869699374063298950894825002% the speed of sound, nearly 1000% the speed of sound, and 0.0011117691292954407812353971893449% the speed of light :P

For reference, a commercial airliner travels at 500knots, Nova is travelling at 6478knots so she's moving at around 1295.6% the speed of a commercial airliner :P

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

If Nova has a maxed range build of 250% range, she will have 125m of portal range. Because this game is not super complicated and doesn't have space folding mechanics or super complicated quantum properties, then she is essentially making and going through a portal in less than a second. For ease sake, imma say it takes exactly 1 second to create and move through a portal, meaning with max range, she has a speed of 125m/s or 450km/h or 279.617m/p so she's going pretty fast (36.733374474712745011607746334009% the speed of sound)

But maybe we can times that by 4 since she can have four worm holes active at the same time, given that she daisy chains them.

ok, assuming she places them AS SOON as she exits the previous one, and assuming she doesn't place more after her 4 are used, it means she's travelling 500m in roughly 4 seconds. Again, if we assume for ease sake that it takes 1 second to place and go through a portal, then it takes 4 seconds to travel through all 4 portals. However, I want to try to get more accurate. I'm going to assume that the portal casting speed is 1/4th of a second. It seems that fast, I can't accurately test that and there's nothing on ACTUAL casting speeds on the wiki. So if we assume her casting speed is 0.25seconds, and we also add on speed drift and natural talent it brings her casting speed down to 0.0375 seconds . If we then assume that it casts right in front of her, and she moves through it in 0 seconds, it means to cast and move through 4 portals takes 0.15 seconds. So, she travels a total of 500m in 0.15 seconds meaning she's moving at 3333.3r m/s which is.... really, really, really fast. That's 11998.8km/h or 7455.709m/h. If we assume all that stuff, and she can only use 4 portals at a max, with your setup of 7 nidus + volt, she will come close ish in a race but won't beat him unless you add on a whole lot of buffs because I only calculated this without any buffs.

In the end, she is travelling at around 979.45869699374063298950894825002% the speed of sound, nearly 1000% the speed of sound, and 0.0011117691292954407812353971893449% the speed of light :P

For reference, a commercial airliner travels at 500knots, Nova is travelling at 6478knots so she's moving at around 1295.6% the speed of a commercial airliner :P

Teleportation does not count when it comes to speed. If that were the case, Loki, ash, and nova are equally the....SECOND fastest games in game. Ash and Loki can teleport over 150 meters and chain with allies or enemies strategically placed and you've already brought up nova, but the true fastest and best teleport in game for long distance belongs to Nezha.

As for real speed, my post still stands.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Teleportation does not count when it comes to speed. If that were the case, Loki, ash, and nova are equally the....SECOND fastest games in game. Ash and Loki can teleport over 150 meters and chain with allies or enemies strategically placed and you've already brought up nova, but the true fastest and best teleport in game for long distance belongs to Nezha.

As for real speed, my post still stands.

Well technically teleportation still counts as moving a specific distance even though it's instant. I know a lot of people don't count teleportation frames because it's kinda cheating in the speed department, but it's still fun to calculate their speed. Also, no, because of nova's casting speed and 0 need for specifically placed objects and with a macro and both casting speed mods, she can traverse distances WAY faster than loki or ash. They have to line up a target and must have a target in the first place. If you bullet jump with nova and macro portals you can traverse much faster than loki or ash. But again, it's very hard to judge teleportation speed since it's not real speed, it's instanced movement. Also, nezha does not even close have the best teleportation for long distance. His glaive flys slowly and doesn't go that far. Loki or ash have the best, and Nova has the fastest.

All in all, meh. It's all nice and cool calculating speed and such on paper, but I think the true test is PoE with all these frames on an actual race timed and everything. I honestly think if you counted teleportation, those frames would win, however, if you don't count them, volt wins by a hell of a lot.

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

Well technically teleportation still counts as moving a specific distance even though it's instant. I know a lot of people don't count teleportation frames because it's kinda cheating in the speed department, but it's still fun to calculate their speed. Also, no, because of nova's casting speed and 0 need for specifically placed objects and with a macro and both casting speed mods, she can traverse distances WAY faster than loki or ash. They have to line up a target and must have a target in the first place. If you bullet jump with nova and macro portals you can traverse much faster than loki or ash. But again, it's very hard to judge teleportation speed since it's not real speed, it's instanced movement. Also, nezha does not even close have the best teleportation for long distance. His glaive flys slowly and doesn't go that far. Loki or ash have the best, and Nova has the fastest.

All in all, meh. It's all nice and cool calculating speed and such on paper, but I think the true test is PoE with all these frames on an actual race timed and everything. I honestly think if you counted teleportation, those frames would win, however, if you don't count them, volt wins by a hell of a lot.

I'm thinking that max speed volt with my setup and a fast aerial melee will take it.  mainly because of how powerful he can toss you with a fast melee (i miss coptering) Macros count about as much as coptering did back in the day lol

If you're going to do a legit test of anything, you absolutely cannot count macros or scripts. Nova p range gives her a huge advantage, but not better than blazing chakram. It had a slow start, but the disc travels extremely far will good angling, I've flung myself to the edge of the simulacrum with it in one go. I said that ash and Loki need strategic ally placement, but it CAN be done.

Also, put that blazing chakram next to a jet stream zephyr, and open tilesets become you're b*****

Trust me dude, stupid fun stuff like this is what my clan does lol

So, with these calculations, how long would it take to cross the entirety of the plains of eidolon map with a solo frame? assuming there is a clear straight path with no obstacles. 3 km race...

I see a Nova teleporting away, instantly gaining a ton of distance as the Volt speeds off after her, not allowed to use her portals. Hydroid dashes past the Volt for a brief second, but his casting delay makes him slip up a bit. Rhino Prime starts to charge and charge and charge straight past the Hydroid, then the Hydroid passes Rhino, and they continue to play leap frog while the Rhino slowly gains a lead. A fair bit behind them is a Nezha sliding along wondering why he can't keep up anymore, and really wishing that Volt and Nova didn't have such a straight path. He would wreck them if this were a slalom. 

I dunno if this is accurate at all. Just how I picture this going. Who would actually win that? Would be fun to see the top ten, maybe even how many seconds/minutes behind they would place?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, Minifig3D said:

So, with these calculations, how long would it take to cross the entirety of the plains of eidolon map with a solo frame? assuming there is a clear straight path with no obstacles. 3 km race...

I see a Nova teleporting away, instantly gaining a ton of distance as the Volt speeds off after her, not allowed to use her portals. Hydroid dashes past the Volt for a brief second, but his casting delay makes him slip up a bit. Rhino Prime starts to charge and charge and charge straight past the Hydroid, then the Hydroid passes Rhino, and they continue to play leap frog while the Rhino slowly gains a lead. A fair bit behind them is a Nezha sliding along wondering why he can't keep up anymore, and really wishing that Volt and Nova didn't have such a straight path. He would wreck them if this were a slalom. 

I dunno if this is accurate at all. Just how I picture this going. Who would actually win that? Would be fun to see the top ten, maybe even how many seconds/minutes behind they would place?

That would be interesting. We have a ringer though. Nova is banned from a race because teleportation is just about illegal as can be. The real race would be between a hydroid, volt, nezha, and a zephyr. The ringer, lies within the archwing. It's very possible that archwing buffs will apply to ground frames, so imagine an Amesha using Vengeful Rush. Rhino unfortunately is only at his maximum when he has a relic buffing him, otherwise he's nothing compared to Hydroid. IF an axi relic appeared on the Plains of Eidelon, he'd be running at 209.3772 mph. Otherwise, he's running at half that speed, although he has a small casting interruption, thus even slower, but still very consistent. Hydroid with a vengerful rush buff would be gliding at 195.9556 mph. Not as fast, but faster than any other frame thus far, though his casting window will be a strong factor. Zephyr's benefit is that her abilities have no casting interruption, thus flying at a constant 81.64817 mph. and airborne as well. Nezha's speed cannot accurately be determined because of how sprint speed affects slide speed and the vagueness of these stats. Volt can actually run at 150 mph with a strong team behind him (nidus link stack has been nerfed), but by himself, he's only at 100 mph tops.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

Alternatively, what realistic team could keep up with each other to make the whole team get across the plains faster?  Volt giving speed and a nova teleporting would work, as they can mod to be at the same sprint speed. Add in a Nidus and the Volt speed gets an extra 78% power strength... a Zephyr with Jet Stream could give a nice extra speed boost as well, if you all can stay close enough together. Would those 4 be the fastest combo tho? Equinox can give power strength as well, up to 80% if using Peaceful Provocation, tho that requires enemies to deal damage to. Also, would Nidus lose his link when portaling? 

I may be getting off topic now though. This was about a solo frame. 

1 minute ago, Minifig3D said:

Alternatively, what realistic team could keep up with each other to make the whole team get across the plains faster?  Volt giving speed and a nova teleporting would work, as they can mod to be at the same sprint speed. Add in a Nidus and the Volt speed gets an extra 78% power strength... a Zephyr with Jet Stream could give a nice extra speed boost as well, if you all can stay close enough together. Would those 4 be the fastest combo tho? Equinox can give power strength as well, up to 80% if using Peaceful Provocation, tho that requires enemies to deal damage to. Also, would Nidus lose his link when portaling? 

I may be getting off topic now though. This was about a solo frame. 

Fastest frame combo would be an Equinox, nidus, volt, and a nova. Nova with escape velocity can buff speed by 50% and give up to 500m in teleports for the whole team. Equinox will buff volt's and nidus' ps by 50% (80% with kills), nidus with multiply volt's ps by whatever percentage multiplier he has (my build would multiply it by 1.75x) and bam, you're speed demons are a running. Or just simply have 4 max duration hydroids or 4 max range rhino's.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Fastest frame combo would be an Equinox, nidus, volt, and a nova. Nova with escape velocity can buff speed by 50% and give up to 500m in teleports for the whole team. Equinox will buff volt's and nidus' ps by 50% (80% with kills), nidus with multiply volt's ps by whatever percentage multiplier he has (my build would multiply it by 1.75x) and bam, you're speed demons are a running. Or just simply have 4 max duration hydroids or 4 max range rhino's.

Something else possibly worth noting is energy consumption. With a flow in the build, I imagine most frames could reach the 3km finish line without breaking a sweat, but what frame would expend the most energy in doing so? Rhino's charge is his first ability, and the combo thing reduces the cost further by 75%, so is likely the winner in energy saved. Nova, on the other hand, uses her 3rd ability at a whopping 75 energy. She may go far and fast, but will she run out before reaching the finish? At max range her wormhole goes 125 meters, so she would need to cast it exactly 24 times to reach the finish. By default, that would cost 1,800 energy, but with max efficiency would only be 450 energy. Would need a flow in the build, but totally doable. Back to Rhino, his Charge goes 30 meters at max range, but then the combo thing happens which increases the range to 45 meters. This would require 68 charges to cross the 3km finish line. Due to the combo discount, that would cost 450 energy before adding any efficiency mods. Max efficiency would get that down to 113 energy. 

Volt speed costs 25 energy by default tho max strength gets that up to 39. Still, if the math is right from the beginning of this thread, he goes at 70 meters per second, so with max duration and strength build he would go for 28 seconds... That's 1960 meters on one cast. 2 of those and he has blown way past the finish line! Maybe winner in energy spent to travel 3km crazy fast?