Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

on dev stream 97 they announced that they scrapped the previously shown ember deluxe skin. This was a huge blow to me, it was starting to look as one of the best deluxe skins, and now they simply scrap it? after remembering the nova deluxe skin, DE will have a hard time making a better ember skin than that one.

what are your thoughts? 

--------------------------

New Ember Deluxe skin shown on Dev Stream 99:

Spoiler

521568bc5cbf0c5ea2d45c07c93a8f7f.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/855714-thanks-for-watching-devstream-99/

I assume it's related to the conflicting views of DE's art team and the original designer of the skin, IgnusDei.

My (admittedly limited) understanding of the situation is that DE contracted him, and rightfully owns the concept, but is choosing to pursue an alternate design just because IgnusDei so strongly opposed their alterations to his work.

It's disappointing, but I think it's pretty respectful at the same time.

Warframe developers startle easily, 

but they'll be back... And in greater number

(I've seen them start on things like this, and then if they get a better idea half way through, they scrap the whole thing and remake it. Just wait. It will be better I bet)

Edit: Or I could be wrong and @AM-Bunny could have the inside scoop.

Edited by Archistopheles

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I assume it's related to the conflicting views of DE's art team and the original designer of the skin, IgnusDei.

My (admittedly limited) understanding of the situation is that DE contracted him, and rightfully owns the concept, but is choosing to pursue an alternate design just because IgnusDei so strongly opposed their alterations to his work.

I'd assume that this is the most accurate assumption.

All we can hope for at this point is that the Ember Deluxe still looks great.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I'm not really miffed by it.  The OG ember deluxe skin looked waaay better before DE did what they had to do to make it easier to get put into the game.

Considering that guy doesn't even make skins for them anymore i'm kind of glad they are going to work on something of their own.

i find it funny they went to that trouble then they scrapped it. so they literally got rid of an amazing designer for no reason.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

glad they are going to work on something of their own.

Personally I prefer de artists working on new frames. Just makes sense to me for over done deluxe skins for a old frame already revisited with a prime to be outsourced. 

I also liked the artists version of ember before DE had to just bring back the hawk..

https://imgur.com/jQ2ID7a

Only image i could find with both.

rip ember deluxe skin in 2017... i'll miss you... the hopes and dream was lie... it went confirmed then went poop then DE decide to "scratch this but oh well but tenno we'll make better ember deluxe skin in 2017, coming soon..." 

im just gonna guess... its gonna be disappointed artwork... *my crystal ball tells me its gonna be 2018 and shamed* never get hopes up ever again... im not gonna jinx it! 

13 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

i find it funny they went to that trouble then they scrapped it. so they literally got rid of an amazing designer for no reason.

Well, there was a reason:

But in the end, we are all humans and we do things we regret (or not thinking of the consequences of what we say), sigh.

That's too bad. I was looking forward to that deluxe skin. Chances are the new one will be less elegant and more... abstract, to put it nicely. Spiteful decision, but their development house is upside down. The fact that they're producing stuff still is a miracle.

Edited by Heatnix.

31 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

My thoughts? Good riddance. 

That skin didn't look appealing to me at all. So hopefully they'll be able to present something better.

like the nova skin? ya....i'm sure people would totaly love another one of those.........

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

1 minute ago, Heatnix. said:

That's too bad. I was looking forward to that deluxe skin. Chances are the new one will be less elegant and more... abstract to put it nicely. Spiteful decision, but their development house is upside down. The fact that they're producing stuff still is a miracle.

Class, here is a beautiful example "glass half full vs. glass half empty" mindsets, see how one party looks at the situation and brings forth a positive conclusion while the other sees the exact same situation as having a bad conclusion. 

Just now, octobotimus said:

like the nova skin? ya....i'm sure people would totaly love another one of those.........

The Nova deluxe body is actually quite high on the FashonFrame ladder, but dat helmet though...

My thoughts on the subject? Ember Prime is my favorite model for a Warframe so I don't have much want for a deluxe skin. Mag Prime on the other hand, I can't wait for that deluxe (thank god its next). 

1 hour ago, octobotimus said:

they didn't really can the artist.  The artist decided to leave of their own accord because they were frustrated.  I'm glad it's scrapped because said artist won't have to go on knowing their vision isn't what we're getting.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

they didn't really can the artist.  The artist decided to leave of their own accord because they were frustrated.  I'm glad it's scrapped because said artist won't have to go on knowing their vision isn't what we're getting.

yes, but now the artist has to know they did all that for nothing......

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Personally I prefer de artists working on new frames. Just makes sense to me for over done deluxe skins for a old frame already revisited with a prime to be outsourced. 

I also liked the artists version of ember before DE had to just bring back the hawk..

https://imgur.com/jQ2ID7a

Only image i could find with both.

Same for the most part.  But I do want DE to give a deluxe skin to every frame they put out.  as I can actually use plat discounts on those :P

I wasn't really upset with DE's changes.  and I understand from a design perspective why they had to be made.  but considering the artist doesn't work there anymore i'm more than happy that DE decided to make their own run at it instead of leaving the artists last impression on the frames not an accurate one.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Same for the most part.  But I do want DE to give a deluxe skin to every frame they put out.  as I can actually use plat discounts on those :P

I wasn't really upset with DE's changes.  and I understand from a design perspective why they had to be made.  but considering the artist doesn't work there anymore i'm more than happy that DE decided to make their own run at it instead of leaving the artists last impression on the frames not an accurate one.

considering the nova skin, cant wait to see ember with a roosters head, and a beak. i mean, they basically made a full on fly with nova

14 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

considering the nova skin, cant wait to see ember with a roosters head, and a beak. i mean, they basically made a full on fly with nova

-shrug- didn't most of the deluxe skins come from DE?  I know the guy that left made banshee's and frosts.  Not sure if he made every other one though (besides the nyx and excal ones.)