Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

Just now, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

-shrug- didn't most of the deluxe skins come from DE?  I know the guy that left made banshee's and frosts.  Not sure if he made every other one though (besides the nyx and excal ones.)

from what i remember he also made rhino and trinity, and maybe another one

Just now, octobotimus said:

from what i remember he also made rhino and trinity, and maybe another one

I see.  Well.  I have faith in them.  Though i'm in the minority here in that I actually like the nova deluxe for the most part.

do we know who is making the mag and nekros deluxe?  because both of those look damn amazing.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I see.  Well.  I have faith in them.  Though i'm in the minority here in that I actually like the nova deluxe for the most part.

do we know who is making the mag and nekros deluxe?  because both of those look damn amazing.

the nekros one looks meh to me atm (need more pictures of it), but no, they haven't said who is making them

Just now, octobotimus said:

the nekros one looks meh to me atm (need more pictures of it), but no, they haven't said who is making them

If it's in house i'll be damn impressed.

I like the nekros one conceptually because of all the whispy effects coming off of him.  if that translates into the game well i'm sold on it.

The only thing i'm concerned about with the mag one is the detached limbs thing.  it seems like a cool idea.  But if not done right visually it'll be a S#&$ show.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

If it's in house i'll be damn impressed.

I like the nekros one conceptually because of all the whispy effects coming off of him.  if that translates into the game well i'm sold on it.

The only thing i'm concerned about with the mag one is the detached limbs thing.  it seems like a cool idea.  But if not done right visually it'll be a S#&$ show.

atm to me nekros deluxe looks like a thorn bush with glowy bits, but the pictures might just not be doing justice to it

honestly I'm very sceptical regarding DE's deluxe Skins, they started going slightly downhill with Nova and beyond. for me, it's all about Tennogen now. getting better skins than the deluxe ones for a fraction of the price and supporting genuinely talented creators at the same time, it's a much better system IMO.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly I'm very sceptical regarding DE's deluxe Skins, they started going slightly downhill with Nova and beyond. for me, it's all about Tennogen now. getting better skins than the deluxe ones for a fraction of the price and supporting genuinely talented creators at the same time, it's a much better system IMO.

for a fraction of the price? not realy, you can actually get platinum without paying money, while tennogen skins are REAL money

14 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Which is exactly why they should let the tennogen creators do the deluxe skins (could even have more than one per frame)

Not only could it expedite the process but I got money (pun intended) says they would be just better all around aesthetically than what DE is capable of. And would probably get many more creative minds into tennogen. We would be in for a real treat. Imo

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Which is exactly why they should let the tennogen creators do the deluxe skins (could even have more than one per frame)

Not only could it expedite the process but I got money (pun intended) says they would be just better all around aesthetically than what DE is capable of. And would probably get many more creative minds into tennogen. We would be in for a real treat. Imo

good point. I get the feeling you're just pushing for Mesa's Deluxe... though that's something I'd also love to see.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

good point. I get the feeling you're just pushing for Mesa's Deluxe... though that's something I'd also love to see.

You are absolutely right! Because at this rate we won't see Mesa Deluxe for at least another 3 years. Mag has been cooking for what a year now?! So we can expect Ember a year? Zephyr a year? Then mmaayybbee Mesa.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

-shrug- didn't most of the deluxe skins come from DE?  I know the guy that left made banshee's and frosts.  Not sure if he made every other one though (besides the nyx and excal ones.)

Ash, Rhino, Loki, Banshee, Frost and Mag are the artist's designs. Not sure whose design Oberon's was, but excal and nyx are old assets, and the saryn and nova ones are DE

Edited by LordOfScrugging

After watching Devstream #97 I am a bit upset after hearing that the Ember deluxe skin will be getting a new concept due to the fact that the old one looks amazing. I know a lot of people have been waiting a very long time for that skin so It's quite sad to see that that concept won't be continuing further. So now I have a question for DE. Was this decision to redo the concept of the Ember Deluxe skin made from the fact that the Art team no longer wanted to work with IgnusDei and therefore want no further connections with his work? or is there a different reason such as the Art team and Dev's didn't like it as much as the other Deluxe Skins?

Edited by Agent40Infinity

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Ash, Rhino, Loki, Banshee, Frost and Mag are the artist's designs. Not sure whose design Oberon's was, but excal and nyx are old assets, and the saryn and nova ones are DE

so..... in other words, the person who made the best looking deluxe skins, is now gone......

11 hours ago, Archistopheles said:

(I've seen them start on things like this, and then if they get a better idea half way through, they scrap the whole thing and remake it. Just wait. It will be better I bet)

Edit: Or I could be wrong and @AM-Bunny could have the inside scoop.

Nothing to do with getting a better idea, Bunny is right as far as everyone knows. I had a feeling this was the case after Ignus posted on the forums saying bridges were burned.

What a grave disappointment. The only deluxe skin I was actually looking forward to, come to find out it's dead.

Spoiler

Original concept on left, DE's changes on right. I didn't care which one was implenented.

tumblr_oi6pc4eYTx1uw4rwfo1_1280.png

6 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Oberon's was designed by the same guy, along with Trinity.

Edited by LazerSkink

9 hours ago, octobotimus said:

on dev stream 97 they announced that they scrapped the previously shown ember deluxe skin. This was a huge blow to me, it was starting to look as one of the best deluxe skins, and now they simply scrap it? after remembering the nova deluxe skin, DE will have a hard time making a better ember skin than that one.

what are your thoughts? 

This is good.  I want to see DE *** up another deluxe skin.  They make for quality sodium threads here. 2937254162.png

I think its more like DE is worried releasing this skin would cause more uproar. This is the skin that was the cause of ignus dei leaving. No matter what people would bash on DE that concept art was better... its just safer to just let it go and not add any more fuel. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I liked the saryn skin a lot.

and the 2 new ones shown today seem great.

thing is DE had concept art for the mag one, which means that one isn't DE made, cause they usually never have art before showing their own skins. so the mag skin is someone elses.

45 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

thing is DE had concept art for the mag one, which means that one isn't DE made, cause they usually never have art before showing their own skins. so the mag skin is someone elses.

mag deluxe skin is made by same artist as ember deluxe skin, here is original concept:

vAXCmrh.png

from devstream 82:

New Mag Deluxe Skin
• This skin was designed by Francois, the same commissioned artist that made many of the other deluxe skins

I know it say's its made by "Francois" but if you look at deviantart account of IgnusDei you would see his name is "Francois"

So yeah DE scraping ember deluxe skin isnt DE trying to be the "good" guy here instead they are afraid of many people not buying changed ember deluxe skin as form of protest against DE firing the artist

1 hour ago, octobotimus said:

oh I see.

12 minutes ago, Culaio said:

mag deluxe skin is made by same artist as ember deluxe skin, here is original concept:

vAXCmrh.png

from devstream 82:

New Mag Deluxe Skin
• This skin was designed by Francois, the same commissioned artist that made many of the other deluxe skins

I know it say's its made by "Francois" but if you look at deviantart account of IgnusDei you would see his name is "Francois"

So yeah DE scraping ember deluxe skin isnt DE trying to be the "good" guy here instead they are afraid of many people not buying changed ember deluxe skin as form of protest against DE firing the artist

That looks sexy as heck.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

That looks sexy as heck.

indeed it does, IgnusDei concepts have a lot of personality that sometimes is hard to 'translate' into 3D model as we saw with loki deluxe skin, also that 'personality' of his art could be proof of how much effort he puts into his design and why he can be very stubborn about some of changes DE did to his design(the duct taped glowing 1000 degree knife to ember deluxe skin head, which everyone agreed looked horrible).

Edited by Culaio