The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

yeah, the Mohawk is just too much. I can't help but feel it's intended as a middle finger to the old artist IgnusDei, who never liked ember always having a Mohawk. best looks for ember are either Default Prime or Magesty Skin.

between this and Volt's HORRIBLE skin, DE's artists have completely lost their edge. aside from Mag Deluxe (made by IgnusDei,) I will only be buying Tennogen from now on.

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

the response has gone BEYOND the level of "critique". There are multiple post acting as if that Ignus guy designed the entire game, and now its ruined and the creative team is S#&$e because an Ember skin didnt get released. Its beyond critique and more like dev bashing to make DE feel guilty for some reason. We obviously dont know the entire story, yet there is this crusade to bash the devs in the name of the artist.

Trust DE's professionalism.

They know how to separate the Ignus Dei situation from the criticisms.

They know hyperbole and emotion when they see it.

Your passion in their defense is equally valid and appreciated.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah, the Mohawk is just too much. I can't help but feel it's intended as a middle finger to the old artist IgnusDei, who never liked ember always having a Mohawk. best looks for ember are either Default Prime or Magesty Skin.

between this and Volt's HORRIBLE skin, DE's artists have completely lost their edge. aside from Mag Deluxe (made by IgnusDei,) I will only be buying Tennogen from now on.

And yet we have some of the most stunning designs to date (Gara, Hydroid Prime, Octavia Deluxe, etc).

It's an individual basis and extremely different takes on a theme can still be high quality designs.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Trust DE's professionalism.

They know how to separate the Ignus Dei situation from the criticisms.

They know hyperbole and emotion when they see it.

Your passion in their defense is equally valid and appreciated.

im not talking to DE, im just pointing out how ridiculous these multiple post are. Outburst like this is more likely to make DE ignore these "critiques" as overreaction if anything, its counterproductive. 

The old design had the ''flame theme'' imbued into her, this is a plain rooster theme looks lazy and hasty

you will remember a sentence of a dude that said ''now that <name of the old designer that made many deluxe skins look amazing> is gone expect every deluxe skin to look like nova deluxe design level'' ...so true.

Hopefully they will not mess with Volt Deluxe .... right ?!? (enough with that edo anime samurai volt deluxe design it doesnt fit at all *whisper* we already have a swordman frame *)

11 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

Sure is a lot of hate threads for this skin... 

We get it people, it isn't your thing. 

It is super ugly tho. It's not just "not the thing".

I've just seen the skin first time in this thread, and it looked like Zephyr at first.

Old concept has this unic appeal to the style on top of not being over designed.
However... that thing has very little room to make good use of the game's color palettes, I can very easily picture a lot of people looking generaly the same...

The new design However makes a rather impressive use of the color palettes. When people start giving it their own color schemes they're gonna be able to do stuff like bring out just the boots/gloves, or just the legs, or darken the whole thing and bring out just the chest, or invert it all etc...
It gives players room to make it their own. It will look awesome on different color schemes. The old one, looks cool but... meh, doesn't have half the potential.

Edited by Duduminador

12 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

Old concept has this unic appeal to the style on top of not being over designed.
However... that thing has very little room to make good use of the game's color palettes, I can very easily picture a lot of people looking generaly the same...

The new design However makes a rather impressive use of the color palettes. When people start giving it their own color schemes they're gonna be able to do stuff like bring out just the boots/gloves, or just the legs, or darken the whole thing and bring out just the chest, or invert it all etc...
It gives players room to make it their own. It will look awesome on different color schemes. The old one, looks cool but... meh, doesn't have half the potential.

Lol... How does it have little room, the limit is your own imagination. as far as this new skin goes its utter kubrow feces. The new skin has too much S#&amp;&#036; going on and like many have pointed out makes an emphasis on being more "chicken" then any fire powers she has. This skin is a no go for me and most people. I'll be sticking to tennogen for my skins till they get a better artist for the deluxe skins.

12 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

It doesn't bother me. I'm happy there's a deluxe skin, no one is forcing anyone to buy it. If it's too much of a problem for others, there's always TennoGen. 

Except they also make weapon skins or armours that cannot be bought separately for no good reason, thus forcing you to buy skins you don't like if you want the weapon skins.

11 minutes ago, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

Except they also make weapon skins or armours that cannot be bought separately for no good reason, thus forcing you to buy skins you don't like if you want the weapon skins.

If you can't agree with getting the skin over it, then don't. They're legally not forcing you, you're just not using self control. It's only fashion, not some end game weapon walled behind platinum purchases. DE doesn't do that. Fashion isn't required, mandatory or needed. 

In the end, it's up to you if it's worth the plat or not, but DE isn't forcing you. 

12 hours ago, JSharpie said:

"I HATE THIS ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE THING FOR OBJECTIVE REASONS!"

yea ok sure. see you next week when you find something new to hate.

Seriously. It's become borderline brigading at this point and if it continues the threads should be locked. The criticism isn't even constructive, they're just insulting the artist.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Whether for rendering performance reasons or for artistic reasons, DE wanted to make changes to his design and he pushed back hard, offering no flexibility when it came to altering his design.

This is completly wrong, he was actually VERY flexible, he had no problem with any of changes DE did other then ugly 1000 degree knife DE artist tacked on his design, he said so himself he even was giving DE ideas how could they change his designs, he was the one who given DE idea to change his bansee deluxe arm, by adding vinyl to it, so IgnusDei was actually cooperative with DE.

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I didnt find the Ignus Ember skin to be ALL that, especially when compared to his other designs. This is so completely overblown.

as usual, forums insist on taking up a self righteous fight with the creators. 

Of course you are free to dislike it, everyone has right to their opinion I am sure you arent only one who disliked it, but you MUST accept the fact that big part of community really enjoyed his style of designs but have no right to criticize people who like it.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Whether for rendering performance reasons or for artistic reasons, DE wanted to make changes to his design and he pushed back hard, offering no flexibility when it came to altering his design.

This is completly wrong, he was actually VERY flexible, he had no problem with any of changes DE did other then ugly 1000 degree knife DE artist tacked on his design, he said so himself he even was giving DE ideas how could they change his designs, he was the one who given DE idea to change his bansee deluxe arm, by adding vinyl to it, so IgnusDei was actually cooperative with DE.

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I didnt find the Ignus Ember skin to be ALL that, especially when compared to his other designs. This is so completely overblown.

as usual, forums insist on taking up a self righteous fight with the creators. 

Of course you are free to dislike it, everyone has right to their opinion I am sure you arent only one who disliked it, but you MUST accept the fact that big part of community really enjoyed his style of designs but have no right to criticize people who like it.

1 minute ago, Culaio said:

I didn't say I didn't like it. I do. I just didn't find it to be that great of a loss.

I don't think the new skin is better either, it's just different. I just dont get the vitriol.

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I didn't say I didn't like it. I do. I just didn't find it to be that great of a loss.

I don't think the new skin is better either, it's just different. I just dont get the vitriol.

People are frustrated because DE lied, DE said that they contracted IgnusDei to create designs different than theirs, DE themselves said that those designs will have minimal imput from them, but then they decided to do oposite, change IgnusDei to fit their stylization,

From community perespective it looks like DE decision to get back at their word costed community great artist, I am not saying he is only great artist but he had his own unique stylyzation, I am sure we will have many great deluxe skin designs in the future like octavia deluxe skin(I love its design) but we wont have any design in IgnusDei unique stylization  and it costed us ignusDei version of ember deluxe skin that most people prefered over this new ember deluxe skin, and thats because of DE decision to go back at their word.

Edit: by the way I didnt know volt deluxe skin concept art was released, I found this pic on tennoclock site, it was linked on reddit by DE: 004-FinalPass.jpg

Edited by Culaio

Oh the topics were merged - goodbye any context.

Let's deal with some strawman arguments!

1. "If you don't like it don't buy it" - Yeah, I won't. I am giving feedback on why I won't buy it.
2. "DE has done nothing wrong" - Yeah, no. 
3. "Generic Ember design complain" - with almost 2k hours and 40% on Ember Prime, believe me I know how Ember looks, and what I like in her design. The chicken theme is not one of them.
4. "But IgnusDei!" - Here comes the bomb - I did not like his design either. But it was something new and alternative, just like most of his other skins - a fresh take.
5. "But the mohawk!" - Duck the bloody mohawk, this is the worst design aspect of Ember (right next to the 3 finger feet of Ember P).