The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

12 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

They frankly can get rid of all the feathery bits on the Deluxe and I dunno, release the Ignus Dei helmet as some standalone. Like I really like the helm but not the body, so purchasing a whole deluxe for just a helmet kinda sucks.

i love the ingus for the helmet his body is great to i like the skirt de added to the ignus design and they also touched up the design to look more realistic body wise which is ok cos when you look at his designs and compare them to des ingame models of them there is differences from the human shape to look more normal like loki for example. or the mag deluxe, i love the mag deluxe other then it being all metal tint i wish there was an option to change some of them to normal tints so it looks more normal for warframe then a chunk of gold magnet haha.  but i dont expect ignus ember to look exactly like his design, but i do not want in anyway what so every that phoenix design. if de was to make both ignus and there desing i would be happy i would use ignus all day long because ember prime is my oldest warframe and i love her so much, after we got nova's skin i was like oh god i hope ember isnt this bad, then they showed us ingus design and i was so happy it looked amazing exactly what i expected from ember and an ignus design then i hear de and ignus were arguing about it and i hoped they would ask us what we wanted not scrap the beautiful girl entirely. then when i saw the new design my heart broke. the new one doesnt feel like ember to me, she is still one of my most used warframe, i crafted her prime after i crafted ash, she was the third warframe i owned and she will always have a place in my heart but if the only thing anything like ignus skin that i can get is a tennogen where they don't let the designers modifies the body model in anyway. i dont know its just not cool. ignus design was perfect before de touched it and it was still perfect after other then the mohawk they added to it. i dont want this pheonix 

Edited by Grimm

Well, yeah, some people would like Ignus Dei's skin for Ember. My opinion is well, just an opinion. I pretty much only like the helmet he/she designed. DE's chicken helmet is a massive no no. duh.

TBH I was hoping for something demonic, and neither does the DE Deluxe nor Ignus Dei skin fulfill that criteria, but as mentioned, it all boils down to taste. I'd say, DE should scrap everything and start from scratch again. It seems like a Faux Pas this time that almost no one likes. Frost Harka was good. Mag Pneuma was good. Banshee Soprana was ... ok. Loki Knave is a pain to color, but ok. Saryn was meh. Nova was ... eh, polarizing. Nyx Nemesis and Proto Excalibur are just Darksector so no comment. 

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Well, yeah, some people would like Ignus Dei's skin for Ember. My opinion is well, just an opinion. I pretty much only like the helmet he/she designed. DE's chicken helmet is a massive no no. duh.

TBH I was hoping for something demonic, and neither does the DE Deluxe nor Ignus Dei skin fulfill that criteria, but as mentioned, it all boils down to taste. I'd say, DE should scrap everything and start from scratch again. It seems like a Faux Pas this time that almost no one likes. Frost Harka was good. Mag Pneuma was good. Banshee Soprana was ... ok. Loki Knave is a pain to color, but ok. Saryn was meh. Nova was ... eh, polarizing. Nyx Nemesis and Proto Excalibur are just Darksector so no comment. 

loki needs one tint swap (tint should be accent and accent should be tint) and his colours would work with any cosmetic helmet, i use the tenno gen incubus because its amazing, the community member who designed and made that love that guy perfect loki helmet, doesnt do the horns over kill works well with the deluxe. 

2 minutes ago, Grimm said:

loki needs one tint swap (tint should be accent and accent should be tint) and his colours would work with any cosmetic helmet, i use the tenno gen incubus because its amazing, the community member who designed and made that love that guy perfect loki helmet, doesnt do the horns over kill works well with the deluxe. 

Quite true. I have to use the knave helm as the palettes do not match nicely. The hulta armor that came with Loki Knave are a pain too, they should swap Tint 1 (the metal bits) and Accents.

TBH a lot of armor got those problems. Pakal should swap Tint 2 and Accent as well. The PBR metal bits not being "accents" is always sad to have for armor or warframes.

Then again, back to topic...

Edited by Guest

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Quite true. I have to use the knave helm as the palettes do not match nicely. The hulta armor that came with Loki Knave are a pain too, they should swap Tint 1 (the metal bits) and Accents.

TBH a lot of armor got those problems. Pakal should swap Tint 2 and Accent as well. The PBR metal bits not being "accents" is always sad to have for armor or warframes.

yea the pbr metals should always be accent. de should do a sweep fixing things that arent like that you know, speaking of pbr they just did my sigil i use not that long ago, but my sential accessories (summus set loki prime access first one i ever bought ) have not been pbr'd, nor the daman sugatra prime or the vla sugatra prime, i think there all thats left at this point. 

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Anyway, signed. Even if nothing happens, at least I tried. Hate that helmet.

exactly you never know if enough people sign maybe de will see the money in it and give use both skins. thats all i can hope for now 

Personally, I do not like either design. I like deluxe skins that have substantial change to the original, or prime model.

The outside designer's looks too similar to Ember Prime (at least the helmet).

I would be more inclined to buy the DE design. A robot chicken that sets the world on fire? Eh, why not?

My opinion on the petition? Pathetic. 

It will have zero affect. If you do not like the skin they go with, do not buy it. Someone that cannot even use basic grammar in their petition - not even worth reading it. The text makes virtually no sense.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Personally, I do not like either design. I like deluxe skins that have substantial change to the original, or prime model.

The outside designer's looks too similar to Ember Prime (at least the helmet).

I would be more inclined to buy the DE design. A robot chicken that sets the world on fire? Eh, why not?

My opinion on the petition? Pathetic. 

It will have zero affect. If you do not like the skin they go with, do not buy it. Someone that cannot even use basic grammar in their petition - not even worth reading it. The text makes virtually no sense.

your welcome, i have a learning disability (neurological disorder), grammar or spelling are not my strong suit 

Edited by Grimm

Ignus Dei's designs were the best thing to ever happen to this cursed game. Take a look at the most popular deluxe skins, how many of them were designed by DE's own guys? One? Two?

His work is just better. Wonderful details, lovely colour combinations, an authentic expression of what that Warframe represents. Even if some flairs were similar, his designs stood out due to the personality they exuded - DE's other skins just look flashy because of weird colour choices.

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

your welcome, i have a learning disability, grammar or spelling are not my strong suit 

There are ways to get it checked. Software can help with that. But that is getting off topic.

But my opinion - neither skin is very good. DE and/or the external designer should just make a new, better skin.

Just now, krc473 said:

There are ways to get it checked. Software can help with that. But that is getting off topic.

But my opinion - neither skin is very good. DE and/or the external designer should just make a new, better skin.

but yes i agree a new internal design would be amazing, or making both skins i say, people who like space chicken are good, people who like the ignus half burnt girl that makes me think of the amazing codex entry, happy too

7 minutes ago, Achaix said:

Ignus Dei's designs were the best thing to ever happen to this cursed game. Take a look at the most popular deluxe skins, how many of them were designed by DE's own guys? One? Two?

His work is just better. Wonderful details, lovely colour combinations, an authentic expression of what that Warframe represents. Even if some flairs were similar, his designs stood out due to the personality they exuded - DE's other skins just look flashy because of weird colour choices.

loki, mag, ash, rhino, trinity, frost, banshee, oberon. those are the ones i'm sure he did. i know he didn't do nova, excal xD, nyx xD. i'm not sure about saryn, chroma. chroma feels like ignus design style but im not sure if its his 

14 minutes ago, Grimm said:

but yes i agree a new internal design would be amazing, or making both skins i say, people who like space chicken are good, people who like the ignus half burnt girl that makes me think of the amazing codex entry, happy too

For me, personally, I always thought the idea of making a deluxe skin for Ember with flaming wings would be good.

Turn Ember into something like an Angel of Fire.

Wings like in this.

AngelFire.jpg

Disclaimer, not my image.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

For me, personally, I always thought the idea of making a deluxe skin for Ember with flaming wings would be good.

Turn Ember into something like an Angel of Fire.

Hide contents

Wings like in this.

AngelFire.jpg

Disclaimer, not my image.

i got my flaming wings xD bigger ones would be better tho 

Spoiler

GNytVBg.jpg

Edited by Grimm

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

i got my flaming wings xD bigger ones would be better tho 

Reveal hidden contents

GNytVBg.jpg

Just something to make the deluxe skin unique. I don’t really see either of those designs as unique. 

The external one is not that different. The DE one is similar to Octavia (if I want to look like Octavia. I will play Octavia).

A pair of nice fire wings (even as a syandana) would make me buy the skin.