The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

On 10/22/2017 at 7:54 PM, CY13ERPUNK said:

TBPH i totally get why this skin weirds a lot of ppl out

but ingame it is a pretty badass skin

i also think that DE's 'new' ember deluxe is going to be fine ingame, BUT i am still pissed that they wont ALSO put Ignusdei's original deluxe design in 

yes DE's 'fire chicken extreme' is another skin just like the above nova, but DE has always been about weird designs, so whatevs 

the thing that i am most upset/sad/angry/etc is the refusal to put THIS awesome design into the game : 

jQ2ID7a.jpg

I'm sure most people like DE's version the most too anyways. What's the big deal!

On 10/23/2017 at 1:54 AM, CY13ERPUNK said:

TBPH i totally get why this skin weirds a lot of ppl out

but ingame it is a pretty badass skin

i also think that DE's 'new' ember deluxe is going to be fine ingame, BUT i am still pissed that they wont ALSO put Ignusdei's original deluxe design in 

yes DE's 'fire chicken extreme' is another skin just like the above nova, but DE has always been about weird designs, so whatevs 

the thing that i am most upset/sad/angry/etc is the refusal to put THIS awesome design into the game : 

jQ2ID7a.jpg

the easiest solution would have been to release the skin with a auxillary slot on the helmet, and make the silly mohawk blade a optional equip trough that slot, then the numbers would have spoken for them self, because that fugly blade was the only real contending point ignus had. Speaking of points.. whats with the tiny sparks on the blade? those ruin the weapon XD either they break off and are a hazard or they just get in the way... why would you add that O_O 

Still wondering why EVERY helmet that belongs to Ember, be it old, new or upcoming, needs to have a damn mohawk. Why are the only non mohawk helmets for her, helmets that were designed by the players and not DE themselves. Look i like the body of the skin...but the helmet kinda sucks and is just god damn redundant. But on the whole...it looks like an officer with a mohawk, nothing about this skin screams "Ember, the pyro kinetic warframe". This screams...i don't even know. 

The thing about Ember is that she's got the sexy body with a fiery temper, which is shown in her design and body language, which is why will i say that her original deluxe skin concept done by IgnusDei just nailed that description, but this...this looks like it should belong to Octavia...seriously...it really does.

15 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

What's wrong with DE's lol.

read the feedback in the thread would be my suggestion

personally my issue with it is 3 things

1: the structure and layout differs very little from ember base model [same issue with nova deluxe]

they simple tweak some layout and added small addons to the model, not really a redesign of the unit as all previouse deluxe skins were , simply a tweaked variation of base model

2:some parts seem to be simply reused zephyr model parts

3: it donst seem to fit the theme of phoenix and fire. color scheme is an issue to start , but overal it looks more peacock then a phoenix 

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

1: the structure and layout differs very little from ember base model [same issue with nova deluxe]

they simple tweak some layout and added small addons to the model, not really a redesign of the unit as all previouse deluxe skins were , simply a tweaked variation of base model

3: it donst seem to fit the theme of phoenix and fire. color scheme is an issue to start , but overal it looks more peacock then a phoenix 

Oh, no, I'm talking about the redesigned one with her in the white, lol.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:44 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

um, to be fair, the white portion of IgnusDei's skin, which is the major portion of that skin fails to fulfill your third point, which is the most important point in your list. The white area is bland, mundane and not what I'd want to look at.

as for your first point, sure the ignusdei skin differs alot from the structure and layout of the base ember skin. and as for your 2nd point, there doesnt seem to be "reused" zephyr model parts in ignusdei's skin but i'm getting a banshee/mag deluxe vibe from the way the thigh, hip and leg on the white side were done.

with that said, the white side remained a boring uninteresting design, as opposed to the charred side which was actually cool.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:15 PM, Church002 said:

um, to be fair, the white portion of IgnusDei's skin, which is the major portion of that skin fails to fulfill your third point, which is the most important point in your list. The white area is bland, mundane and not what I'd want to look at.

as for your first point, sure the ignusdei skin differs alot from the structure and layout of the base ember skin. and as for your 2nd point, there doesnt seem to be "reused" zephyr model parts in ignusdei's skin but i'm getting a banshee/mag deluxe vibe from the way the thigh, hip and leg on the white side were done.

with that said, the white side remained a boring uninteresting design, as opposed to the charred side which was actually cool.

while "boring/bland" in your opinion its simple and flows nice, as are all his designs and color scheme wise its appearance is ok, but it fits the theme he was going for  

white to a burning fiery theme is the intention  

the  redeeming value of ignus skin was the new body structure . 

the DE skin however is supposed to be a phoenix , and as such ...fire or fiery themed colors should be expected not a ...peacock 

that may just be a factor of color theme however, but the addon parts on body are simply reused models s is rather ..disappointing and not something that should be done on a deluxe skin. 

@IgnusDei
I just want to say: thank you for your designs. Your work is the reason I picked up some frames after letting them collect dust for quite a while, and I'm in love with the Mag Pneuma that you designed.
Been waiting for the Ember Deluxe too, and it's quite saddening to me to see what abomination they made instead of your idea.
I know this is probably not a thing that would brighten up your day, but I still wanted you to know that you are awesome, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.

On a side-note though, if you are ever planning to make a TennoGen skin (PleaseDoPleaseDoPleaseDoPleaseDo) I'd be happy to spend some money instead of platinum :)

I tried to dodge the Ignus design as much as possible, but I have to trow my hat in :

I would have much more joy for his design, if the thing with Banshee deluxe did not happen. And no, I am not blaming *him/her* for that.

For clarification the original design was : 
latest?cb=20151029195241

But when it was put in the game, on top of banshee's mesh with the textures of the time : 
a9T6lIo.png

So my original issue for the Ignus Ember Deluxe was and still is : There is no way in hell it will translate in game as shown in the concept art.
DE at the time (and they have yet to proove otherwise) refuse to change the mesh nearly enough in order to do something like that. So in practice, while I love Ember Prime's design, if they take the Ignus Design stretch it over the mesh, it would look disastrous. Colouring and details did not matter to me nearly as much as other people have pointed out, due to the fact that we knowing the "details" which Ignus puts in the frames, it would allow for various coloring options.

Edited by phoenix1992

No, during topic merges a lot of conversations were deemed unworthy, but not something aimed at Deluxe 1.0, or not as far as I have noticed (and I am really bored).

Speaking of messy Warframe meshes, did someone show you this already @IgnusDei?

Normal Loki
clLDNbU.png?1

Knave loki

MEjpklI.png?1

(In the case of Loki Prime the mesh covers this)

Edited by phoenix1992

Well, if you do have criticisms of Ember Deluxe 1.0, Feel free to post them here.

But I get to go first ;)

1- The blue metal material on the darker parts, while a nice colour contrast with the glowing orange bit, are inappropriate to the lava flow theme - molten rock is dark grey.

2- The white parts need more techno-organic details - see picture for example. avoid going full Giger.

3- The lines framing the crotch are too long, make them shorter

4- Consider removing the thigh plate - it does break up the monotony of the lava details, but it's also tacked on.

5- Reduce the assymetry - the ratio of dark and light as is reminds people too much of Equinox. Consider making the leg white (also see 2 and 4)

6- Could use a fire themed sigil and iconography, assuming some room is made for those.

7- The lines on the helmet are too close to the two squares when viewed from the front, framing them too tightly. Have them point towards them.

Edited by IgnusDei

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I swear to god rogue, If I see you rocking the big bird suit I will disown you =.=

I just happen to see lots of FashionFrame potential in the new deluxe when paired with the right helmet.  

I wouldn't have bought the previous one because it was just too asymmetrical for my tastes.  The new one doesn't have that issue as it's more symmetrical.  

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I just happen to see lots of FashionFrame potential in the new deluxe when paired with the right helmet.  

I wouldn't have bought the previous one because it was just too asymmetrical for my tastes.  The new one doesn't have that issue as it's more symmetrical.  

buh_gok_chicken_by_darsamnorogh-d5rdkuo.

But as long as it fits your taste (or the lack of it).

I know for sure that if I do purchase an Ember skin soon it will be Tennogen at the current rate.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:40 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

while "boring/bland" in your opinion its simple and flows nice, as are all his designs and color scheme wise its appearance is ok, but it fits the theme he was going for  

white to a burning fiery theme is the intention  

the  redeeming value of ignus skin was the new body structure . 

the DE skin however is supposed to be a phoenix , and as such ...fire or fiery themed colors should be expected not a ...peacock 

that may just be a factor of color theme however, but the addon parts on body are simply reused models s is rather ..disappointing and not something that should be done on a deluxe skin. 

Um, I know I didnt say it before. But I understand what he was going for with the skin. I think everyone understood what he was going for... =S.

What I said was, the white part was boring and the charred part was cool. I cant say it clearer than that.

and yes, new skin does not do enough to the base model at all. the color scheme is not suited at all. and idk but to me it looks like titania's butterflies on her arms. 

I still fully expect DE to go with the new skin and I will purchase it when it launches.

9 hours ago, Church002 said:

with that said, the white side remained a boring uninteresting design, as opposed to the charred side which was actually cool, as I said earlier in the post that got deleted. 

#inb4thisgetsdeletedtoo.

I think all @(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako meant is that you have to take both halves together in order to appreciate the skin. I agree with that.

But I also agree/take your point that if IngusDei had designed the entire skin with just the charred look, I'd have loved it just the same. (But it wouldn't have been in line with his concept.)

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

You are not fair >.<

What about in comparison to the Majesty  Tennogen skin (which seems to be the most picked among Ember fashion framers)

30C896DBEF8A2A61EA39FF7D2C51D7F8C47CD148

This is why I don't look at TennoGen threads, new skins, or posts anymore.

Awesome skins that I don't have access to. (Like my favorite Nova skin which is off limits due to TennoGen.)

Edited by Rhekemi

7 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I think all @(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako meant is that you have to take both halves together in order to appreciate the skin. I agree with that.

But I also agree/take your point that if IngusDei had designed the entire skin with just the charred look, I'd have loved it just the same. (But it wouldn't have been in line with his concept.)

This is why I don't look at TennoGen threads, new skins, or posts anymore.

Awesome skins that I don't have access to. (Like my favorite Nova skin which is off limits due to TennoGen.)

This one?

d3Vf7zQ.png?1

Maybe it is about time for PC players to stand up and start nagging for more options considering Tennogen. Including the ability to gift the skins.

44 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

This one?

d3Vf7zQ.png?1

Maybe it is about time for PC players to stand up and start nagging for more options considering Tennogen. Including the ability to gift the skins.

Nova Visage is the one I envy. But I also really like the helmet on her Graxx.

Last I heard it was legally not possible to give PC players the TennoGen items. I forget the details just now.

12 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Nova Visage is the one I envy. But I also really like the helmet on her Graxx.

Last I heard it was legally not possible to give PC players the TennoGen items. I forget the details just now.

This is Nova Visage with the Nova Prime helmet :D

And yes, TennoGen items come only with direct money transaction from your profile, not giftable trough the game or Steam. The items are also not *steam items* (unlike of Rubedo Rhino)