The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

Spoiler

I read like the first couple of pages, so I probably missed something

Referencing back to the Deluxe Ember skin that was revealed in DevStream 99 (because I'm lazy and don't feel like reading through 24 pages of forum posts), I'm not wholly opposed to the look of the Deluxe skin that they gave to Ember. For me, personally, the helmet takes the frame over the edge for me. There are a lot of details and textures going on throughout the entire body, so having the huge Mohawk on top of that is what's primarily detracting me from the design.

Edited by Trunks40

6 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

This is Nova Visage with the Nova Prime helmet :D

And yes, TennoGen items come only with direct money transaction from your profile, not giftable trough the game or Steam. The items are also not *steam items* (unlike of Rubedo Rhino)

Ah. Then yes, that's the one my Nova needs. 

On the bright side, I picked up Frost's Harka bundle two days ago, finally. Quite pleased. Mag is next even though I don't use her quite as much anymore.

Ok so this may have been said on this thread before, so sorry if i'm repeating someone. But DE really needs to bring that old ember deluxe skin back. By itself, the new one would have been great :D... had we not been shown the ignus version beforehand we would have loved it. DE's versions of deluxe skins do have some personality but unlike mr ignus, they don't have NEARLY as much detail. if you look back. The best deluxe skins in my opinion have been the following.

• Banshee Suprana- Ignus
  • Oberon Feyarch- Ignus
  • Rhino Palatine- Ignus
  • Loki Knave- Ignus
  • Frost Harka- Ignus again
  • Trinity Strega- Ignus yet again
  • Mag Pneuma- More Ignus
  • Ash Koga- MORE IGNUS
  • Valkyr Gersemi- oh hey it's DE for once
  • Saryn Orphid(close call)-DE
  • Zephyr deluxe(not out yet so meh)-DE
  • ---Excluding Proto excal and Nyx nemesis due them them already being highly designed concepts from dark sector and were 200% polished up then polished again---

The deluxe skins made by Ignus are actually used above a lot of tennogen stuff and some perhaps look better. Where as the skins DE puts out are almost always replaced by a tennogen in a heartbeat. even the ones like saryn which i actually like are being replaced even though i really do try to cling onto them.

Ignus has basically spoiled us and i think a lot of us probably know that. DE can tone it down later to their style weather we like it or not, but if you promise us something better than ignus and then come out with the ember skin, it's only fair for us to tell you to scrap it and just make ignus's ember skin. Not only is is clean, fits her theme, better then most of her tennogen, able to be bought for plat, and just amazing overall. it also is something we were promised, then it was taken away to get the current ember which looks like a peacock chicken metal rockstar *being really gracious with this description* who will soon be on fire. we were promised something better and to about 80% of us it it really isn't anywhere close. to me this is just a cruel reminded of the nova deluxe skin which some people love and others want it to burn in a fire.

last time i had heard this much or anywhere close to this much of an argument was banshee being a tad bit wider then she should have been due to concept art. that one was a pss by me since it was concept art... but this is just a complete stab to the heart for me, us to all watch. to those who say stop poking at them this is why they don't release some stuff, well then maybe they should just hire ignus again, the prev art director is gone so a lot of that hate should be gone, let the person responsible for making the community LOVE skins come back, if he wants.

To be honest this skin i think is THE MOST POPULAR put among every other skin in warframe only actually outdone by people making fanart of default. People made fanart of a concept talked about by DE. Do you know what happens when you look up (ember deluxe skin)... Ignus's version of ember along with a few different ones and not yours. and when yours actually does show up down there it's about how bad it is. Turning down this skin might not even be an argument at this point. it would maybe damage warframe as a whole through sales prices and pride for skins. Warframe thrives off of personality and customization, and you are turning it down to replace it with something with less thought, personality, and love and depth of design.

PLease DE bring back the old ember deluxe and even possibly Ignus himself.

Spoiler

Image result for ember deluxe skin

Related image

Image result for ember deluxe skin fanart

On 10/26/2017 at 4:07 PM, phoenix1992 said:

I tried to dodge the Ignus design as much as possible, but I have to trow my hat in :

I would have much more joy for his design, if the thing with Banshee deluxe did not happen. And no, I am not blaming *him/her* for that.

For clarification the original design was : 
latest?cb=20151029195241

But when it was put in the game, on top of banshee's mesh with the textures of the time : 
a9T6lIo.png

So my original issue for the Ignus Ember Deluxe was and still is : There is no way in hell it will translate in game as shown in the concept art.
DE at the time (and they have yet to proove otherwise) refuse to change the mesh nearly enough in order to do something like that. So in practice, while I love Ember Prime's design, if they take the Ignus Design stretch it over the mesh, it would look disastrous. Colouring and details did not matter to me nearly as much as other people have pointed out, due to the fact that we knowing the "details" which Ignus puts in the frames, it would allow for various coloring options.

Even though i love banshee and i love her Deluxe skin, to this day my favorite (especially because of the inspiration IgnusDei took in Zone of the Enders) is the Trinity Strega deluxe.

Its completely diffrent from the base/prime trinity, while yeah her torso retain almost the same proportions, its is still a little smaller, her legs are way thinner them the actual Trinity legs are obviously and her skirt is considerably bigger them Trinity's base skirt is.

Trinity Strega translation from Concept to final product retains 100% of the concept and its most loyal there is in game imo.

So i know DE can do it, i'm just not sure if they are willing to do it everytime.

Maybe it was easier with Trinity for some unknown reason ? maybe chaning models for Banshee was too problematic ? i'll never know unless DE actually talks about it.

But i keep hoping that they put more effort into the Deluxe skins, and even revisit some of the skins that seen to lack "polish".

4 minutes ago, shiinigamy said:

Maybe it was easier with Trinity for some unknown reason ? maybe chaning models for Banshee was too problematic ? i'll never know unless DE actually talks about it.

Call me a tinfoil hat if you want, but I think they just did not use trinity's mesh for the skin.
There were bugs that showed the Trinity deluxe without the skirt, and it was very close to Loki.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the trinity without skirt looked better imo ..wish that was an auxiliary 

I didn't like it one bit without the skirt, but i wouldn't mind being a auxiliary item, i mean, more choices for customization never hurt.

7 hours ago, shiinigamy said:

Trinity Strega translation from Concept to final product retains 100% of the concept and its most loyal there is in game imo.

Actually, not quite. Compare the helmet from the artwork and the in-game model. The first thing you'll notice is that the lights on the halo are missing along with some details. The two swirls that should have taken about a third of her face have been made smaller, and the lines that should have given the impression of a face were given dots of light at the end. The white corner on her jacket was made larger, too which wound up drawing the eye there even more.

Edited by IgnusDei

8 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

Actually, not quite. Compare the helmet from the artwork and the in-game model. The first thing you'll notice is that the lights on the halo are missing along with some details. The two swirls that should have taken about a third of her face have been made smaller, and the lines that should have given the impression of a face were given dots of light at the end. The white corner on her jacket was made larger, too which wound up drawing the eye there even more.

hey iggy~ thanks for the details that's pretty informative :o 

Yeah well... that's released now I guess.

I... cannot say I'm a fan. Like, at all. I'm mostly been oblivious to this whole debacle, but I can understand people's perspectives now. It honestly does not look good to me. I'll go through a few points.

Firstly, I don't see the bonecrunching necessity for Ember to ALWAYS HAVE A MOHAWK. What's the point in alternate helmets and skins if you have to keep this aspect in all of them? Also not a fan of this one in particular, it looks like some bizzare centurion comb.

Secondly, the feathers. Oh god the feathers. They look rubbery and sparse. On the arms, the legs, the mohawk, everywhere those feathers are they look horrid. The sparseness makes her look like she's been poorly plucked. They look even worse than Zephyr's, and hers are kinda iffy to start with.

Third, those teeny tiny wings on her back look straight-up shriveled. Atrophied.

Lastly, and least important I guess, the default color choices are really wonky. Really, blues greens and whites? It makes her look like a peacock.

So overall, Ember Deluxe does not look like a phoenix. She looks like a poorly-plucked peacock with wings shriveled from some kind of horrible degenerative disease.

I was really hopeful.

I gotta vent out a bit.

Change the helmet to something more birdlike and tweak the feathers and ot would be cool zephyr skin, but nope ember is chicken meme... Didnt they say on devstream she should have effects added? No matter how i look at it, looks like she had few lit up maches glued to her and thats it. Also the goddamn ugly mohawk helmet, as someone who cant afford tennogen stuff very often i was looking forward to helmet thats different and i got helmet that looks like the ones that are relased alongside frame for 75 plat or from alert. No plat from me DE and i hope more people wont buy it.

My constructive criticism and suggestions on the Ember Deluxe Skin

The following is my personal opinion, I am sure there are people who like the skin, to those people, congratulations! You now have a new deluxe skin that you can use! 

My criticisms:

First, the OBVIOUS chicken concept that it has going on. Yes, I know DE seems to have intended it to be a phoenix but the design speaks otherwise. It has a rooster's comb, distinct separation from the knee downwards (chicken's legs), and body feathers. Ember has always had sort of a fire-chicken look but her theme is just fire. The Ember Deluxe skin has 3 tiny flames coming from tiny nozzles around her head, if you didn't already know that Ember is a fire-themed warframe then you definitely would not be able to tell based on the Deluxe skin.

Next, the helmet. I'm assuming those jiggly hotdog looking things on the helmet are supposed to feathers, right? Problem is they don't look like feathers, not one bit. They look bad, I don't want to say more because that would be rude but I would never use that helmet. I mean, they jiggle way too much almost like they are "alive". Feathers do not look or jiggle like that, go see birds fly or peacocks walk. These are as thick as sausages and flail about just as much. Maybe I am wrong though, maybe they aren't feathers. It looks like a rooster's comb too so maybe it's supposed to be a fleshy crest, just makes her look more like a chicken and less like a phoenix though.

Moving onto the body feathers. Honestly, not too bad. I don't think it fits Ember but they don't look outright awful. Compare the body feathers with the helmet "feathers". See the difference? 

Lastly, the feet. The new Ember Deluxe skin screams chicken but the one thing that would have sealed the deal is gone, Ember's distinctive dinosaur feet. Come on, the whole chicken "phoenix" theme and they remove the bird feet. Why? Now it just looks strange (even more so than it already does). They look like high-heeled boots, so all in all it looks like a chicken "phoenix" wearing high-heeled boots.

My suggestions (not that it will ever matter):

-Replace the body feathers with fire or make the feathers have a glowing, fiery look to them. Better yet, remove the feathers and replace with a constant row of flames all where the feathers were (think of the flames on her Prime helmet).

-Lessen the wobbliness of her comb, please. Better yet, replace those sausages with the body feathers. Even better yet, replace with fiery feathers.

-Return the bird feet! The whole design screams avian and they remove the bird feet, she even has the bird legs now too. Please give us some form of bird feet.

-Add more fire! Ember is a fire-themed warframe so please add something to indicate as much.

In conclusion, I personally do not like the skin as it is now. With some improvements it might start to look better. I do not think it looks like a phoenix at all, western or eastern. It looks like a damn chicken and that is the cold (hot?) truth. Phoenixes are supposed to be legendary, awe-inspiring creatures; this is nothing of the sort. What DE gave us is a queer rooster. 

Edited by Psyolopher369

"Each Deluxe skin is designed to bring something NEW to a Warframe. To take its design, and look at it from another side or perspective..."

...So they made Ember into Zephyr..............Well, okay then...

To be fair I see what they're doing here. Ember. Fire. What's also Fire related. Phoenix.

So they made Ember into a Fire Bird Phoenix even though nothing about her screams Phoenix in any way other than the Fire part of it.......and the constant Revives you have to do because her defenses are crap-okay now I see what they did there.

(Also, let's make her a Phoenix.....but give her a Bird of Paradise color scheme! It's PERFECT!!!)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Please leave your own respectful thoughts below.

The skin shown above would have been the better choice.

While DE is capable of producing outstanding, stunning, origina-never-thought-of-before content, the Ember Deluxe skin that was released (amidst adamantly negative community feedback) failed to capture any of the interest, wonder, awe or desire that the above concept did. 

The released product was subpar for DE's talents and track history, as is their current handling of the communities reaction.

I've said this a few other places, but it doesn't look flame-y or phoenix-y to me. It looks like an Infested skin. The detailing and texture is very thick, with heavy, rounded edges, like something wet and organic. It should have thin, sharp edges to it; fire isn't thick and heavy and round, and neither is any bird I'd associate with fire.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Okay.

Dear Warframe Team,

I think that most of us can agree that you guys have done an amazing job with the Nekros Deluxe Irkalla skin. He looks incredible, honestly. He also stays true to Nekros's feel. He's a great kind of super weird and we like it. Nice job in straying away from the original look of the Frame while also keeping his general theme. I can assure you I will buy this skin when it comes to PS4. However, the other skin you guys released... well, you guys got some pretty negative feedback on it I see. Speaking for myself, I really appreciate the hard work you guys have done with this Ember skin. The pistol skin is great, the Syandana is very cute as well. However, when it comes to the Ember Vermilion skin itself, well, it's really weird in a bad way. What I'm saying is that the skin seems really out of place. The reasons I'm saying this is because one, the design itself is a very odd choice for Ember, the Earthly colors make Ember seems more like a peacock and less like a fighting phoenix, and two, it does not look like Ember. For example, if someone were to see this skin without the mohawk, I can imagine all of them going like "Hmm... neat Zephyr look." It seems really out of place guys, honestly. I'm actually surprised that you guys, a team of developers who are so well known for always listening and being engaged with their community would go through with a skin that the community was so vocal about. You guys knew that the community was not enjoying the skin you presented to us. I do very much appreciate the work you've done on this skin, but quite frankly, Digital Extremes, this is not your best work. I hope you guys can consider some changes so your hard work will not go to waste. Thank you very much. Please leave your own respectful thoughts below.

PS:

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't use the other design that you guys altered. I liked that one the best out of all Ember skins shown.

tLDGlkU.jpg

I actually considered it better than Ignus's.

i would have rathered the de redesign with ignus's suggestion of making the knife on her head an aux, over the silly skin we got. ember chicken dank meme has been added to the game for real xD 

The feathers all look really bad. The arms, the legs, the mohawk... all of it.

I'm cool with having a mohawk if you have a MIGHTY NEED to give her a mohawk all the time forever on every single skin... but at least make it one that looks good, rather than some gigantic jiggling mass of flesh.

Cloth and other light materials has never been something that warframe has done well. It worked on Hydroid because he was some davey-jones tentacle-faced lad. They're MEANT to be fleshy growths there.

And why is she blue and green when it's called the vermilion skin?

Compared to the already released Deluxe skins the new one looks a bit off. It doesn't help that the Ember skin is getting over shadowed by the Necros Deluxe skin.
in all honesty it is already too late to do anything about this skin since it's already released. (should have listened to players when you first revealed it)

I don't mind it though, it looks Ok, nothing special, but I really do understand the disappointment for those who main Ember

The one thing I can personally say that might be a factor to the negativity it's getting might be the bad colour combination it comes with.
looks much better with some other colours than the default ones

I do agree that the concept art that's been rolling around the forum is much better than the released one, less is actually better in some cases
and the current deluxe skin just has too much chicken, or dare I say Rooster.