Her stats would mostly remain the same

Speed 1.15 but prime version would get 1.20, health/shields 450

But armor could be increased to 65 from 15, and 115 with her prime version

and energy could be 185 from 150, prime version 225 energy pool

--{Passive}--

Spoiler

(Her passive gives her basic slow fall)

--Her passive is the same with 2 new perks--

1 :: By casting  Gust, zephyr builds up wind force that increases aim glide/bullet jump and creates an air shield around her

The air shield deflects projectiles and is boosted with her upgraded Turbulence power, wind force effects all powers

Basically her 3rd power is now created by casting Gust {replaces tail wind}, redirecting all projectiles

aim glide/bullet jump receives +30% with it on

Or maybe she could gain a +1 extra mid air jump with her passive

Someone thinks that we could combine her 1 and 2 into her parkour movement, sounds weird though

But what if 1 and 2 became 2 only?, tailwind replaced by Gust, and Tail Wind / Dive Bomb Merge

---Power 1---  Gust 25 Energy per cast with combo up to 6x reducing costs, rapid fire air explosion/suction {wind force boosts gusts projectile speed}

Spoiler

Tail Wind is now turned from a basic movement launch or rush forward into a blast of wind

A wind-blast ball that she fires fast from her hands, it has a combo effect, animation is she rapidly tosses 1 from left hand, then right hand

like she punches the air fast and shoots forward a sonic like ball of air

when it collides with an enemy it explodes for blast/magnetic damage, and knocks them down and any enemies near the explosion of 4m

When Zephyr has a wind force shield the air blast moves 100% faster and has +2m explosion increase

*Does not remove turbulence from zephyr, 8 casts of Gust create an Air force instance that lasts for 12 seconds {unmodifiable}

*Combo of up to 6x reduces the costs of Her First power, now renamed Gust    25 Energy Per Cast

I think it would be cool for the augment to have an attract field

when a gust ball explodes, it creates negative force that pulls enemies to that location

so throwing multiple Gusts will continously pull enemies to that location, damaging them all

this would be AMAZING

I kind of imagine this as a sort of inverse Sonicor, instead of an explosion, it would be an implosion that pulls enemies into it, stunning them, within a small 4m range perhaps

---Power 2--- Tail Wind 25 energy / Dive Bomb 50 energy per bomb, explodes bigger stronger with Wind Force

Spoiler

Dive Bomb Gets an upgrade, remaining exactly similar to how it functions now but with a bonus when she has turbulence

Dive bomb and its augment are pretty much the same but with minor changes

The augment will still suck enemies toward Zephyrs dive bomb, but its pull will be much stronger, yanking any enemies to the center point as she falls

they will be pulled to the location before she reaches the ground, getting slammed by Zephyrs head hard

But, with a turbulence bubble up around Zephyr, when she dive bombs into the ground the Bubble explodes now

It deals Blast/Magnetic damage to all enemies in a 12m radius near Zephyr, Her bomb is now bombing

Turbulence gets built up with Gust, to create a bubble, then launch into the air, and dive bomb to blast the map

it removes the Turbulence bubble though, costs Zephyr her Wind Force

*Also could see a 50% range boost when Turbulence/ Wind Force is Active

*Another change is for Tail wind to be absorbed into Dive Bomb

Now when on the ground, you will lift up, tail wind

When in the air, aiming down, you will Dive bomb

When in the air, aiming forward, you will tail wind forward

Tail winds cost 25 Energy, Dive bombs 50 Energy, split into the power itself

---Power 3--- Turbulence 75 energy {strengthens Wind force/regenerates it after its used instantly with Dive bomb/Tornado}

Spoiler

Turbulence enhances the bubble generated from Wind Force

First, casting Turbulence now hardens Wind Force, now when you dive bomb it will recreate the bubble right after impact

Second, The windshield now regenerates all nearby allies Shield 100% faster, zephyr and her allies, within 18m

Third, Enemies who touch the wind force will simply just bounce of it, she becomes a walking wall

^* say infested charge at you, touching the Wind Force/Turbulence Bubble will send them flying off

Like she becomes a walking bubble that no enemies can enter, they simply get flung by the force of the winds around her

She can run freely as enemies will just get sent flying by her bubble of wind

The augment still increases projectile speed 100% and movement speed 40%,

this will stack with Gust which already receives 100% more speed initially, to a total of 200%

---Power 4--- Tornado 100 energy, stronger pull / speed / damage when cast using wind force {also makes an extra tornado}

Spoiler

Tornado isnt something i really want to change, but boost a bit

The Tornadoes themselves would work like Nyx's Ultimate

they absorb all damage they take and revert that back at enemies trapped inside them

The pull radius and strength could recieve a bonus, yanking enemies straight into the Tornadoes themselves

If you cast Tornado with Turbulence/wind force active you will create stronger Tornadoes, they deal more initial damage, have more range, and speed

*Still only 4, but if you have wind force on, it will generate a 5th

it removes wind force to cast, but if Turbulence is active, it will instantly recharge the bubble like dive bomb does

*The augment remains the same, but when you create the 8 tornadoes with wind force on, it makes 9, slightly stronger/faster ones

*For More Open Discussion about Zephyr*

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis
*Please Consider This DE, from someone who plays Zephyr more than like anyone*

I really think it would be cool to have her reworked like this

An air blast punches enemies with wind, sending them flying, easily, her first power becomes a Sonicor Bullet

Using her first power 8 times generates a wind force for 12 seconds, that deflects projectiles, boosts Aim glide/bullet jump 30%

Her roll button is now tail wind

dive bomb goes boom with wind force active

turbulence regenerates shields for all allies, strengthens wind force, turning her into an immovable force bubble

tornado is pretty much the same, but can be boosted with a wind force

T T it would beautiful to have this Zephyr in the game

Especially with Gust

i imagine the animation for it like she palm punches the air in front of her, the force creates a air ball that launches forward

Rapidly punching out tons of Gusts that explode and create negative energy that pulls enemies to that location, like Vaubans Vortex

but the pull is not continuous, only if you continuously cast them, they knockdown and pull enemies closer and closer but only for like 2 seconds

it would be a great crowd control ability imo

i just had an idea for Tornado

it could create random Slipstreams of wind/ tentacle arms that flail out from the Tornado

these would grab an enemy and pull them into the tornado 

the more enemies trapped in a tornado, the bigger it begins to grow

when the tornado expires, it explodes for Blast/Magnetic damage and sends all trapped enemies flying 

i know its coming, every warframe has been touched up

iam just afraid of what could happen to Zephyr

Hydroid didnt change much, but was made way better with slight alterations

Mag lost her nuke, which isnt the issue, but can now wreck the entire map and all factions, so thats great

Saryn used to nuke as well, but well... she still does, and better regardless

While i dont have any issues with the new limbo and oberon, fantastic tbh

theres just tons of angry people.

i wish mesas ult didnt run out of energy so fast, and that her first power wasnt just 1 shot, but a duration based damage buff

and that valkyrs hysteria could be what it used to, turn it on, and keep it on, but now its drains so fast its just ew

mesa rework, i got a few thoughts on that to, her prime is definetly on its way in a year or 2

mesa/mirage/zephyr i think

i like your thinking and rework ideas and it would certanly help cement her more as a harpy rather then an elemental (and as a frame that is actually being played).
as for her current abilities well its just my thoughts here with her current inplementation:
Passive: its fine but lackluster just like embers.
Tailwind: useless cause of Parkour 2.0 and low map heights.
divebomb: Rhino does it better with a passive.
Turbulence: the only ability i actually use.
tornado: Grief twisters, they are woefully unreliable in where they spawn and enemies caught in them are very hard to hit.
this ability i'd like to see removed completly and replaced.

As i just mentioned her 4 ability i think should go away.
just like blackbeard frame has had its tentacles tamed the tornado is still a massive annoyance not just to her but also teammates (dear god how does console players even deal with it). but the rest of the suggestions you made feel spot on in order to revitalize her.

but i dont suggest a generic ''press 4 to murder all the things'' but rather a flock of birds that go for the eyes and blind enemies while dealing moderate damage.
or a expensive 1 target ''delete'' button where the target is caught by a thunderbird (would be awesome to look at) but such an ability has massive issues with indoor tilesets.

just throwing my thoughts out there.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:03 PM, Zavek said:

i like your thinking and rework ideas and it would certanly help cement her more as a harpy rather then an elemental (and as a frame that is actually being played).
as for her current abilities well its just my thoughts here with her current inplementation:
Passive: its fine but lackluster just like embers.
Tailwind: useless cause of Parkour 2.0 and low map heights.
divebomb: Rhino does it better with a passive.
Turbulence: the only ability i actually use.
tornado: Grief twisters, they are woefully unreliable in where they spawn and enemies caught in them are very hard to hit.
this ability i'd like to see removed completly and replaced.

As i just mentioned her 4 ability i think should go away.
just like blackbeard frame has had its tentacles tamed the tornado is still a massive annoyance not just to her but also teammates (dear god how does console players even deal with it). but the rest of the suggestions you made feel spot on in order to revitalize her.

but i dont suggest a generic ''press 4 to murder all the things'' but rather a flock of birds that go for the eyes and blind enemies while dealing moderate damage.
or a expensive 1 target ''delete'' button where the target is caught by a thunderbird (would be awesome to look at) but such an ability has massive issues with indoor tilesets.

just throwing my thoughts out there.

or how about she gets her own robo birds off the bat, 2 birds that constantly follow her

deflecting bullets, attacking and distracting enemies for her, 

and her ultimate becomes crow storm, where tons of crows flock into a giant tornado that draws in all enemies

dealing damage over time, flinging them all over, and sucking in all loot to its eye

damage dealt to the tornado gets absorbed and dealt back to those within it

loot collection dps tornado generated from her two crows

sounds crazy, Crow Frame

Iam kinda worried of what might become of Zephyr after her rework and prime eventually come out

I use every Warframe 

I used zephyr for every nightmare mission until they became dailys

It just sucks

People who dont know how to use a frame, always complain about them, eventually leading to a nerf, that kills it altogether 

Updates are terrifying because of how terrible nerfs can be

The stats for her armor doesn't fit lorewise Zepher is made from Oxium a material that is really light (light as a feather). If you think about it we'd be lucky to see Zephyr prime even getting a armor increase. Though it may be possible since it hints that rubidium (Rubedo) is also a very light matirial hinted from the Orthos Prime codex. But if your asking for a energy increase for the normal Zephyr there might be a problem with how your building your Zephyr. Build for max duration and some efficiency and put in jet stream. But you asking for health and shields for the prime isn't bad and is actually reasonable. Also in my opinion I found tailwind useful if there was any ability you would want to replace its dive bomb it's not useful to me.

Edited by (PS4)FierceGhostFox

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 7:35 AM, (PS4)FierceGhostFox said:

The stats for her armor doesn't fit lorewise Zepher is made from Oxium a material that is really light (light as a feather). If you think about it we'd be lucky to see Zephyr prime even getting a armor increase. Though it may be possible since it hints that rubidium (Rubedo) is also a very light matirial hinted from the Orthos Prime codex. But if your asking for a energy increase for the normal Zephyr there might be a problem with how your building your Zephyr. Build for max duration and some efficiency and put in jet stream. But you asking for health and shields for the prime isn't bad and is actually reasonable. Also in my opinion I found tailwind useful if there was any ability you would want to replace its dive bomb it's not useful to me.

dive bombs is like my favorite of all her powers, especially with her augment

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

ayuhghg a ton of people are asking for a Zephyr Rework, which scares me

i just hope when she does get a touch up, it keeps with her wind/flying theme or something

i watched the ps4 stream today, and a ton of people are asking about her getting updated

gust would be cool, punching wind blast vacuums toward a location

this builds up turbulence to deflect projectiles, increase aim glide and bullet jump

• 2 weeks later...

What if tornado Had feathers in it that caused Slash damage and applied bleed procs to all enemies hit by them

But if bleed procs each did 1% damage per second towards base health of an enemy?

And if bleed procs could be stacked or something

I just want feathers added with zephyr, cause Fashionframe, they could be based on energy color as well

that would be awesome really

Quite apart from the amount of self-bumping you've done on this thread... maybe you should try stopping by the Feedback section, under the Warframe and Abilities, where there's about sixty reworks of her in the last month, and a few actually debated and fleshed out full reworks from the longer-term players/reworkers that you might want to read.

I mean, I like your enthusiasm, but about 99% of your concepts have been pitched before, so maybe a bit of reading up would give you some new ones and some twists on existing ones that would make them unique.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Believe me, as a person who also pitched a Zephyr rework idea, you removed some of the essentials from Zephyr: her movement capabilities. She would probably be in an equal to worse state as what she's in now in terms of gameplay.

? i did no such thing, i simply moved her first power into her Movement

Then gave her gust, which upon being cast builds up a turbulence that increases aim glide/bullet jump

not sure anyone actually read it

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

? i did no such thing, i simply moved her first power into her Movement

Then gave her gust, which upon being cast builds up a turbulence that increases aim glide/bullet jump

not sure anyone actually read it

With the way that Tail Wind actually moves, [DE] would have to give Zephyr an entirely new movement animation which I doubt.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

or how about she gets her own robo birds off the bat, 2 birds that constantly follow her

deflecting bullets, attacking and distracting enemies for her, 

and her ultimate becomes crow storm, where tons of crows flock into a giant tornado that draws in all enemies

dealing damage over time, flinging them all over, and sucking in all loot to its eye

damage dealt to the tornado gets absorbed and dealt back to those within it

I do like a flying  version of Atlas' rumblers and can probably be altered to be extremely useful for zepher like being able to jump off a bird to reset her aim glide time or even just boost her up higher if touched in mid flight., I like how many ways they can make this into a great ability,Titania kinda stole the title of 'queen of the skies' from zepher and would love to see her reclaim it.

4 hours ago, Helios1414 said:

I do like a flying  version of Atlas' rumblers and can probably be altered to be extremely useful for zepher like being able to jump off a bird to reset her aim glide time or even just boost her up higher if touched in mid flight., I like how many ways they can make this into a great ability,Titania kinda stole the title of 'queen of the skies' from zepher and would love to see her reclaim it.

Zephyr should really be the Queen of Wind, and have flexible movements

2 bird ai things would be interesting though, being able to jump off them seems unique, but really weird and out of place

6 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Zephyr should really be the Queen of Wind, and have flexible movements

Just to jump back in again, this is kind of where @(PS4)ArtPrince17 tried to make a point. You see, we debated the change to Tailwind being like this a while back, and the issue is that right now, Zephyr has more mobility by having jump, bullet jump and Tailwind on top of those, if you replace bullet jump with Tailwind, you're losing one function out of three, so it's less mobility overall.

However, you're not far off where we concluded that argument, because it's really actually even easier to get Tailwind into her passive, just make it 'hold jump for a second' to trigger it instead. That way you still have jump, bullet jump and Tailwind, but in a way that lets the player choose one or the other, not be forced to Tailwind every time they wanted a lesser bit of movement. With her low-gravity passive, you've got the air hangtime to allow for the one second delay between casts caused by the charge up, and you then have the distinct difference between a short hop, a longer jump, and an air boost to make sure people see it as a separate power in her kit.

The balance of your Gust/Dive Bomb is a little off too, it does remind me of my own earlier rework though... So how about a short rundown of that to show comparisons;

Dive Bomb, for example, even with upgrades really isn't more than a 1 ability. For my take on it, I gave it a CC radial knockdown if you cast it from the ground, with no damage, and then applied a better scaling if you cast it from the air. The other bonus is an aiming reticule when she's in the air, that's visible on the ground up to a Range modded distance from her, so tiny range means nearly straight down, but high range can make her able to Dive Bomb at an angle ahead of her. Leaving this as her 1 allows a more powerful ability to be put in on 2, but also one that plays into her ability to hit things hard.

As a side note? That scaling I mentioned would mean that not only does the damage multiply the higher she gets, but the damage multiplier increases too. A 15m height currently has a damage multiplier of 15x0.2, which is 3x damage. However, with a secondary multiplier on there, one also off her height, it would be something like (15x0.1)x(15x0.2) which makes a 4.5x multiplier at the same 15m height. And it only scales further.

Another idea would be to allow the damage to scale from melee damage mods so that base damage multipliers could increase the Dive Bomb base damage further for greater height multipliers.

Then, with Dive Bomb as the new 1, you would want a 2 that, as you said with Gust would group enemies together for hitting with Dive Bomb.

Thing is that CC is more powerful than damage, in terms of abilities, and a really good CC ability is one that ends with enemies grouped up for attacks. So my variant on the original thread was Dervish, a directional CC that you fire like Harrow's 1, but instead of freezing enemies in place, it drags them all back to the end of the line. They aren't damaged or knocked down (although it will drag enemies that have been knocked down, so a ground-cast DB to knock them down, then a Dervish cast to drag them away would be a pretty good CC combo), they can still shoot, but they're all in one place for weapons, a Dive Bomb hit, or even casting an improved Tornado on. Most importantly it's a single-direction CC that you can use to push back those melee enemies in a more balanced fashion.

As for your Turbulence changes... well, this is a hard no. No ability that has a Duration will ever have the ability to completely and totally reject all incoming melee enemies and also deflect all incoming projectiles in a single cast. That's the reason Turbulence currently doesn't do that, and why other defense casts only reduce incoming damage or create a form of 'overshield'.

Rhino? An over-shield ability that has a health bar, it can negate all incoming damage for a set value that is balanced by enemy damage scaling. Nezha, same again, but is a weaker version due to it also having the enemy 'bounce back' or 'stun' on it in a strict radius around the player, not as an aura projected out from the frame. Trinity and Mesa, massive damage reduction from all incoming damage for a duration, but capped so it is never possible to have total damage reduction or reflection. On the other hand, Vauban, with massive area denial abilities, but enemies can still shoot him. Frost, with a bubble that has a health bar and can be shot away. Limbo, a bubble on a duration, but enemies can just walk in and start shooting him anyway...

All abilities that negate damage are in some way balanced by weaknesses. Your Turbulence change is not.

And lastly your damage scaling and speed boost to Tornado doesn't actually come close to fixing the problems with Tornado...

With all the best will in the world... no, this rework doesn't hold together. The new passive Wind Force tries to, but it just doesn't achieve anything apart form being extraneous to the effects of most abilities, and overpowered with the other.

Again, fellow Zephyr player, take a wander over to the Feedback section, read through the multiple and varied rework threads on Zephyr, there are so many more ideas there. See what other players want from her (although I suspect your'e like me and want to immediately skip any thread that says 'I think she should fly'...) but that's the thing, there are lots of great rework ideas out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i especially like Zephyr because shes not over used by tons of players

A mobile Tank with the greatest mobility

You can develop her dive bomb into a true "Bomb"

Her Turbulence is one of the best skills in the whole game, + augment

While people dont like Tornado because of low damage, control, and unpredicatability

^Tornado is fantastic with high duration in interceptions

And tail wind has been said to be useless with the new parkour

But that isnt true, combining tail wind with the parkour makes her impossibly fast

It would be nice to give her synergy with her powers though

Using tail wind to grant a bonus that increases the damage of her next Dive bomb by 25%

that could be cool, and when turbulence is on, if you dive bomb its damage range could be boosted 50%, turning off turbulence for 1 second

Then re-enabling it after any dive bomb with it on, just maybe?

Also could do something like, if you have turbulence on, walking towards a tornado will cause it to follow you

This would allow players to direct and move the tornados using turbulence as a medium

Personally dive bomb and tornado could receive a bit of a damage / scaling damage buff though