Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission auto failed after not completing an Orokin treasure room [Fixed]

MystDarkarma

Is a void mission supposed to fail when failing a parkour room?

I was running Teshub in the void for argon crystals. I normally like to search the whole map for the "challenge" or "parkour" rooms. The first run I did, I found a room, finished it, extracted. The second run I did, I found a room, failed it, and then the entire mission failed. I went to do Teshub a third time, found another room, failed it, and again the entire mission failed. I've never had this happen to me before. I had one person in my clan chat tell me that there is one challenge room that is supposed to fail the entire mission if you fail it, but I've never heard this or seen it happen.

Is this something that is supposed to happen and I just don't remember ever happening before or is this a bug?

I apologize in advance if this is something that is supposed to happen. :clem:

Edited by MystDarkarma

This just happened to me too, doing the exact same thing. Ran Teshub for some argon crystals, failed the parkour room, and instantly failed the mission. It has to be a bug, because just a few days ago I was running Teshub and failed the parkour room that time, but I didn't fail the mission.

Hey guys

Just came across a weird bug. I was running an extermination mission on Teshub and found one of the hidden treasure rooms (the one with the extendable bridge that leads to a corridor with lots of containers. I failed to get there in time (don't judge) before the last door closed. I thought - meh, I'll just get what I can - but a few seconds later I got the "Mission failed" screen. I know that might happen during an Ayatan hunt, but I was running a generic extermination mission - the only way to fail those is to die repeatedly, right?

Luckily, it happened in the first 5 minutes of a new game where I pretty much did nothing of note, but I can imagine the flow of Salt Prime if I was after a fight with the Stalker or something.

I'm guessing this shouldn't happen, as it's probably some scripting bug. Thought I'd let you know.

Cheers

I've run into this twice today as well. For me it happened in the "Teshub" and "Hepit" Void missions. The place where I failed was different from Pepski's though, it was the parkour section which has multiple lasers in the floor. The Treasure room door closed rapidly in front of me and I received a "mission failed" text. I was playing solo both times. This kind of behaviour has never occurred for me while playing in a squad.

Mission progress doesn't seem relevant to the outcome, first time I had yet to complete the objective (exterminate mission), and the second time I had completed the objective (capture mission). I had also found an Ayatan sculpture earlier in the level, so it could be related to Maroo?

I really can't imagine this being intended behaviour.

From the 18.5 patch notes...

Exterminate Missions now require a players to earn a kill every 15 minutes.  A 20 second warning will be given before the end of the 15 minute period, at which point players that have not killed an enemy will automatically fail the Mission.  *Please note: This timer is cancelled when an Exterminate Objective has been completed, allowing players to roam a level for as long as they like!

I can only assume this timer is what failed you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Exterminate Missions now require a players to earn a kill every 15 minutes.  A 20 second warning will be given before the end of the 15 minute period, at which point players that have not killed an enemy will automatically fail the Mission.  *Please note: This timer is cancelled when an Exterminate Objective has been completed, allowing players to roam a level for as long as they like!

I have noticed this in exterminates as well. You kill everything but the 15 minute timer starts right after the last one so you still only have a limited amount of time in the mission.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

It must have been 1 minute since I'd killed an enemy. I don't think it was the timer

Hey, there, i got this problem to.

It happened to me on a derelict mission. The funny part is, it failed the mission even with me completing the room without failing. Kind like Dualition had it happened to him too.

I stand in the room happy and telling my mates that I did it and the mission failed. A extermination we completed, and we even already had the artefact. (Key wasted thanks to that bug.) All lost because I triggered this Secret Room Event. Thinking we all could extra profit from this...

I had finished all quests in Warframe and I don't get why this happened. I think this might have to do with the Ayatan Quest you can do now. You can only do it once in a given time. I'm not sure if it is weekly or so. But I do the quest when it is viable.

I hope this get fixed.

Edited by Gildor94
Tipping Error :(

Just ran into this issue on a neo fissure. I wasn't watching the course timer, someone else was doing it. Mission failed the moment I killed the last required enemy (so it should be ready for extraction), it failed instead. Don't know if it was a coincidence in timing or if actually finishing the mission also affects the bug.

I was showing a new player a Void exterminate so he could grab some control modules to build Rhino and we encountered the big treasure room (with the three doors)

Embarrassingly, somehow I manged to parkour like a complete numpty and failed the timer.  

At which point we got a Mission Failed condition and were kicked out of game.  It was an exterminate with about half done 80/160ish.

Edited by Sabreracer

I was doing a Syndicate Capture mission on the Void tileset.

Ran into the thing where it was like "REACH THE END BEFORE THE DOOR CLOSES!" where theres a prize at the end and a bunch of lasers and stuff

I didnt make it, and it failed me for the whole mission.

I had already captured the capture target earlier (as well as collected most of the syndicate tokens >.< ) and all I had left was get to the exit, so it doesnt seem like failed a void puzzle would fail the whole mission.

Is that normal?

Yeah, I just had this happen to me for the first time a couple of days ago. I made a topic on it but no one replied. Is this a new thing they added? I don't recall it every happening before. In any case, I think it's really stupid. It doesn't seem fair to have an entire mission fail because we messed up one jump in an optional room.

Seriously. I'm even more salty about it because I was doing vault runs with a couple clan members and someone went to do a parkour room and failed it and failed the mission. They didn't know about this happening either. We lost our rewards and lost our ayatan sculpture we found, which I really needed.

It just kind of makes me not want to run in to those rooms at all, now. Even though 95% of the time I can successfully do them. However, what about the times your bullet jump just goes funny? Or whatever about the times you're in a public group and someone goes in a fails? It just doesn't seem right to be failing our entire missions because of it.

Well I dont like the void anyway. The main reason I do syndicate missions is to get all the tokens and for some reason the Void tileset is hard to find them all on, I usually get maybe 1 or 2 out of 8 if Im just running through, and at most 4 or 5 of the 8 if Im doing a really thorough search. Every other tileset I get 8/8 or at least 7/8.

I dont need argon anymore so forget the stupid void lol

So twice in the last week I was running an exterminate mission with my squad, in the void the first time and on the derelict the second time, and I attempted the puzzle room where you leap around a bunch, hit a pressure pad that opens doors and forms a bridge, and you have to get through the third door in order to successfully get all the loot. In both cases i made it into the tunnel with the three doors, but only got passed the first two.  Meanwhile my teammates are out still killing things so it was not a question of us not having killed stuff in a while.  As soon as the third door closed we got a "mission failed." In the passed not completing a puzzle has not cause the entire mission to fail therefore I can only conclude this is a bug...