Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next rework: Nova?

Thenbhd123

After Hydroid's rework, what Warframe should be revisited? 
I have seen comments saying: Zephyr or Atlas should be the next one. 
Even if, those Warframes seem underpowered compared to others, it is not urgent to revisite them. All of their powers are usable which is why it is not urgent. But, don't get me wrong, they need a buff. 
So, who's next and why? 
By looking at all the Warframes, I suggest Nova. 
I know she's powerful, useful, popular and it is one of my favorite Warframe.
However, she is like Saryn before her rework. When you play her, you only use her 4th ability and occasionally her 2nd ability.  Her 1st and 3rd ability are useless because they suit to what Warfare was when she was introduced, but not with what Warframe becomes. When you play her, your options are reduced and with time, it becomes frustrating and less fun. 
Now, with her rework, when you play Saryn, you can use all of her abilities which is so much better and fun than before and it is what Nova needs: diversity. 

Null star: (1st ability). A decorative ability. No real reason to cast it except if you want to look good on the battlefield. 

Suggestions --> Replace the particles counter with a timer. Particles would perform a bit like Titania's butterflies. Dealing damage to nearby ennemies, CC them a bit, attract bullets (really important this one, because even if it is the price to pay to have good CC and damage dealing, she is really squishy and can't resist as well as other squishy Warframe (Ember, Nyx, Banshee, Titania) with her ability kit. Delete this second of seeking an enemy. 

Worm Hole: (3rd ability). I have always find this ability useless. In my opinion, this ability should be replaced by a new one but because an augment mod exists, I don't think DE would replace it, too much delicate. 
Most of the time (if it's not all the time), parkour 2.0 is a better option than casting this ability. 
Moreover, energy cost is insane compared to what this ability does. 

Suggestions --> Maybe add some buff when you teleport yourself with the wormhole (like the augment mod do but with other stats like cast ability, damage reduction, stretch) during a period of time. 
Having a entrance at each extremity of the ability and being able to go back to where you cast your ability to cover a large area. 
Increase the speed emergence of the wormhole. Sometimes, if you cast this ability while running, it appears in your back. You need to stop, cast it and then run again. 

Even with those changes, I'm not sure it would be a great ability. 

Conclusion:
If you have more interesting suggestions to improve both of these abilities, don't hesitate to post them. I know that they need improvements but how, I don't have a lot of interesting ideas. 
And tell me if you agree with Nova being the next rework. I do prefer diversity and fun rather than having one overpowered ability, this is why Nova is the first name who came in my mind and why she's a priority. 

1 minute ago, Thenbhd123 said:

After Hydroid's rework, what Warframe should be revisited? 
I have seen comments saying: Zephyr or Atlas should be the next one. 
Even if, those Warframes seem underpowered compared to others, it is not urgent to revisite them. All of their powers are usable which is why it is not urgent. But, don't get me wrong, they need a buff. 
So, who's next and why? 
By looking at all the Warframes, I suggest Nova. 
I know she's powerful, useful, popular and it is one of my favorite Warframe.
However, she is like Saryn before her rework. When you play her, you only use her 4th ability and occasionally her 2nd ability.  Her 1st and 3rd ability are useless because they suit to what Warfare was when she was introduced, but not with what Warframe becomes. When you play her, your options are reduced and with time, it becomes frustrating and less fun. 
Now, with her rework, when you play Saryn, you can use all of her abilities which is so much better and fun than before and it is what Nova needs: diversity. 

Null star: (1st ability). A decorative ability. No real reason to cast it except if you want to look good on the battlefield. 

Suggestions --> Replace the particles counter with a timer. Particles would perform a bit like Titania's butterflies. Dealing damage to nearby ennemies, CC them a bit, attract bullets (really important this one, because even if it is the price to pay to have good CC and damage dealing, she is really squishy and can't resist as well as other squishy Warframe (Ember, Nyx, Banshee, Titania) with her ability kit. Delete this second of seeking an enemy. 

Worm Hole: (3rd ability). I have always find this ability useless. In my opinion, this ability should be replaced by a new one but because an augment mod exists, I don't think DE would replace it, too much delicate. 
Most of the time (if it's not all the time), parkour 2.0 is a better option than casting this ability. 
Moreover, energy cost is insane compared to what this ability does. 

Suggestions --> Maybe add some buff when you teleport yourself with the wormhole (like the augment mod do but with other stats like cast ability, damage reduction, stretch) during a period of time. 
Having a entrance at each extremity of the ability and being able to go back to where you cast your ability to cover a large area. 
Increase the speed emergence of the wormhole. Sometimes, if you cast this ability while running, it appears in your back. You need to stop, cast it and then run again. 

Even with those changes, I'm not sure it would be a great ability. 

Conclusion:
If you have more interesting suggestions to improve both of these abilities, don't hesitate to post them. I know that they need improvements but how, I don't have a lot of interesting ideas. 
And tell me if you agree with Nova being the next rework. I do prefer diversity and fun rather than having one overpowered ability, this is why Nova is the first name who came in my mind and why she's a priority. 

I won't even read entire post to tell you why nova don't need a rework compared to zephyr:

Zephyr only have 1 good ability (wich is her 3 turbulence and only if you have augment) while nova have 3 (do LoR  without portal, will take a long time and portal are fun :P But I do agree that her one is useless)

18 minutes ago, Dradonhunter11 said:

I won't even read entire post to tell you why nova don't need a rework compared to zephyr:

Zephyr only have 1 good ability (wich is her 3 turbulence and only if you have augment) while nova have 3 (do LoR  without portal, will take a long time and portal are fun :P But I do agree that her one is useless)

Basically this.

Nova has 3 usable abilities and one questionable one. Wormhole is fun and can speed up certain missions, 2 and 4 are both very powerful.

Zephyr has a wind shield and her Tailwind while not touching the ground.

Using 1 on the ground with Zephyr is like asking to get your turbulence deactivated early, her 2 is an absolute joke (it's CC range is pathetic, it wants you to use it high in the air but half the ceilings in the game teleport you to the ground and deactivate your abilities, and it's damage type is friggin impact) and 4 just throws enemies into the air while tickling them.

And don't get me wrong... I want to like Zephyr. I like high mobility frames and being able to fly around but Warframe apparently doesn't like people flying around. Dive bomb sounded really fun on paper but again Warframe doesn't let you have fun with it because you can't really fly around, and it's damage type and range are poor. I like the idea of changing the damage type of her tornadoes but that doesn't make the CC part of it not really annoying so I rarely use it without the augment, plus they just move in random directions instead of focusing on enemies so... RNG on whether or not you waste your ult energy.

Edited by AXCrusnik

1. Have Null Star irradiate enemies or if you are feeling fancy have it prime enemies.
  2. Change Worm Hole's hitbox (and vfx) to a sphere. Also, Worm Hole is the "fastest" ability in the game is going to be borderline OP in The PoE, it just needs some QoL. 

Nova is not without faults, as most Warframes are, but unless DE (finally) decides to do a major balance pass of small tweaks to a bunch of Warframes (This is really needed), Nova is fine. 

2 hours ago, Dradonhunter11 said:

Yeah, Zephyr is now the one due for a rework.

Also, Ash needs his 4 scrapped too, after the fiasco of Ash Revisited rendered it absolutely pointless.

I also don't think that Nova needs an emergency change, but she does need changes. I agree with the OP, but I'd rather change their abilities slightly. The descriptions were modified by me from the Wiki. Suggestions for changes are marked in bold.

Null Star: Nova creates 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 antimatter particles that orbit her and block a number of bullets equal to the number of orbs.

It could have a damage limit scaling with Power Strength, if it becomes too strong. The visuals stay and it becomes useful for our beloved squishy Nova, especially against Grineer.

Worm Hole: Nova creates a wormhole with an entrance directly in front of her and instantly travels to an exit-point 50 meters away that is centered on the HUD's targeting reticle. The worm hole left behind can be used by allies and enemies by jumping into it, and will collapse after 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 uses. Only 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 wormholes can be active simultaneously. A wormhole can last for a maximum of 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 seconds.

People won't be forcefully teleported by trickster Novas this way and it will be a better panic escape tool than it is right now, since the teleport will be instant for Nova. Also, as someone else said, make it a circle (and possibly more wormhole-looking :P).