Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Visual Ranges

(PSN)Darth-Escar

This isn't an issue I've seen with very many melee weapons, but it is really annoying on the ones that have it. A few melee weapons have an attack range that is longer than their visual range, which makes it difficult to effectively avoid them. I originally thought it was just a lag issue, but it seems to only happen with certain weapons like Shaku and Valkyr's claws. Their ranges don't only seem to reach further than their visuals would suggest, but they allow for hits up to what seems to be somewhere between 1 and 3 meters above the attacker's head, so bullet jumping a moderate distance over the enemy's head effectively does nothing for dodging.

With weapons that can kill or stun so effectively, the range is really problematic, considering how hard it is to know what that range is. I just think it would be most fair to nerf the ranges and leave long range to the weapons which you can see that amount of range on, so we don't have to keep guessing the limits of it. I don't think that's a good reason for a weapon to be effective.

Hysteria has five meters of "Martial Magnetism", which allows Valkyr to lock on to nearby targets, similar to Archwing melee.
This greatly extends the range of the ability, far beyond what the claws would suggest.
Try using it yourself to get a good idea of Hysteria's actual reach, and keep in mind that a bit of lag can mean your opponent is closer than he appears.